Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Anyone interested in a sub box for the coupe

Old 06-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone interested in a sub box for the coupe

sorry if this has been mentioned, i didn't see it.

what is the ft ^ 3 and also subs mounting depth of your box.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:08 PM

1-1.25 cf and the depth is big enough to hold a jlw7 and its 8 inches i believe.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by WICKED 1
hey guys. sorry nazar hasn't gotten back to you sooner. i am his business partner and one of the guys who builds these boxes. we are a designer and retail shop so we are the first and last guy but a lot of this depends on the middle man (fiberglass shop). the enclosure is already at the mold shop and we should see it in about 2 weeks. the airspace will be the same for both the 10 and the twelve. we design most of our enclosures around the jl 10 w7 because its what we deal with the most. feel free to shoot me any questions and i will respond as quickly as possible. again...sorry for the delay.
Hello Wicked1,

Thanks for the response to my questions...i thought this thread was a lost one due to the slow response...but i have patience and am STILL VERY interested in this project. Please further explain how the 10 inch and 12 inch option can have the same air space...correct me if im wrong please..but i thought the bigger the speaker the more air space is needed to get the Maximum performance from the box set-up. Yes i know that some speakers are made for less air-space req and so on...but i am still a little confused.

Thanks.
Your possible first customer of the New Crossfire Stealth box...
CrucialCrossfire

Old 06-07-2007, 04:03 PM

the box is the same box with a larger hole. something most people forget is that not all people in the world know good sound or accurate sound. the 10 is what the box is designed for but for those people who just want a twelve, they can have it. to directly answer. you are correct. we also can accomodate this forum by giving you guys a deal on all of youre audio needs not just boxes.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Forum Regular

I am a bit slow to respond to this thread.

Looking at the design I am guessing it is to be mounted in the boot. Correct?

I would be very interested in a mount that utilizes the stock mounting locations but allows for the mounting of an 8" woofer on each side.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:45 PM

I think we can build just about anything you can come up with but if you want a custom application you will need t call the shop and speak to Nazar.
The number is 603-642-4222

Old 06-11-2007, 11:40 AM

we have the box in and will be looking for anyone in the area to stop by so we can take some fitment pics and we will be ready to go.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Forum Regular

where are you guys located?

Old 06-11-2007, 03:19 PM

If purchased with the speaker included is the wiring very difficult and would it require an additional head unit and amp?

Old 06-12-2007, 08:47 AM

we are located in Kingston NH. any aftermarket sub would require a new amplifier due to the lack of power in the factory amplifier but it would not require a head unit. one thing to keep in mind is that audio is only as good as the source you are sending it from. with that said i recommend a head unit to better the whole system. as for ease of wiring, i think its relevant to you're grasp of automotive wiring but its pretty inexpensive to get it done.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:33 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very interested as well. I shot you guys a PM and email a few weeks ago. Please let us know when these are ready to be shipped, cost and any covering options...

Thanks!

Old 06-14-2007, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
I am very interested as well. I shot you guys a PM and email a few weeks ago. Please let us know when these are ready to be shipped, cost and any covering options...

Thanks!
Hey,

I just read your signature and was wondering if you have any pics of your trunk set up..would love to see it if so??

Thanks.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:18 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

6w0.JPG

Sure...here you go. Very simple set up, subs in hatch, amp behind passengers seat, and components in factory door locations.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Thumbs up Re: Anyone interested in a sub box for the coupe

Alright here's what we're offering for deals on this box. We're selling this box in-house and on eBay for $399.99 plus shipping. We're offering it for FORUM MEMBERS ONLY for $329.99 for a 10" or 12" plus shipping. We have 2 of these in stock right now and this price is only going to be valid for the first 10 buyers. If you would like to order this box with a woofer we're offering it pre-loaded with a JL Audio 12" W3v3 for $499.99 or W1v2 for $429.99! We're also offering a couple of different finishes: Factory style carpet is standard. Vinyl, paint or texture coat are extra. And as an added bonus, the first buyer will get free shipping, thats about a $40 savings! Feel free to call us at the shop at 603-642-4222 and ask for Nazar.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:46 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

For all who are curious, I gave Wicked 1 a call today and asked a few questions about the box. Nazar seems like a really nice guy. I wanted to share a little information I learned.

1. The box does cover the light on the driver side.
2. The box will come covered in a grey "trunk liner" material, not a real good match but can be covered in vinyl for an additional $100.
3. The box will need to be secured by screws, straight down in to the floor of the hatch.
4. They will post pictures of it installed in a Crossfire by Monday at the latest.

The price seems fair, but has anyone gone to a local shop to see what it would cost for them to build one? I know fiberglass work is expensive, but I sure would prefer it being on the passengers side not covering what little source of light there is back there. Oh well, I guess I could relocate the light it if it was a huge deal

Old 06-15-2007, 08:17 PM

I figure I will chime in...

The reason we made the box on the left side is because the waive that is generated by the subwoofer will hit the driver at a higher spl on the drivers side. We now this from other vehicles we have designed dual boxes for. Most people will want the most bank for the buck and believe me this box will perform.

BTW I can set you all up with a 10w7 As well as amps and components, I had one member call me for a lot of bass and 10w7 will do it.

I have updated our website with the pictures...

Here is the link. http://www.wickedcas.com/gallery/mai...xes/crossfire/

Last edited by Nazar; 06-15-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:13 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Thank you Nazar for getting the pictures up so quickly! The box looks great!

Old 06-18-2007, 06:55 PM

Just placed the FIRST order for the box and decided to go with a 10W7 from JL audio...can't wait to hear this box crank and finally will have my BASS addiction Fed!...no more withdrawals...LOL!

I will be powering the Sub with an 880 watt amp by Soundstream (tarantula edition)...and will be toning down the gain just a little to not overpower the 10W7 and stay in the "safe zone" .

Old 06-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Forum Regular

Hi Nazar. You posting here saves me from having to remember to call.

If I wanted to get boxes to mount an 8" woofer in the stock locations on both the driver and passenger side 1) can you guys do it and 2) how much $$$ we looking at?

Old 06-24-2007, 02:36 PM

I may be interested in boxes for both sides. I need some sound coming from the back.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in a sub box for the coupe