Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

in dash dvd/cd stero

Old 11-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in dash dvd/cd stero

Hello how are you ?

I wanted to upgrade my cd player to something a lil more exciting so i wanted something like this Walmart.com: Pyle 7" Touch Screen Motorized LCD DVD Monitor/Receiver: Auto Electronics a screen that pops and comes back in. but i know they differ from sizes, can you point me in the rite direction for which ones that will fit or give me a website where there might be some options.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: in dash dvd/cd stero

What's your budget?

Find Car Audio/Video Gear that Fits Your Vehicle at Crutchfield!

You might have to put in your car. It'll show you what fits and what doesn't. Any single-din unit will fit regardless of the screen size, double-din units WILL NOT fit.

I myself have the kenwood kvt-614. When I buy an electronic, I tend to look for the best. I wouldn't look for a walmart special with a brand "Pyle" that i've never heard of before. That's just me though. I want brand name products with brand name quality.

That being said, I recommend the Kenwood KVT-514 or 614. The 614 has just higher voltage pre-outs / preamps for additional speakears, etc, which you may not need (Probably not).

The navigation addon is the Kenwood GNA-510. It's actually a Garmin unit addon for the Kenwood monitor. That being said, Garmin makes some of the best navigation units around and it is 100% top notch, I love it.

I also have the XM package and iPod hookup (for my iPhone) and I have 0 complains, only praises..

I love it. All together everything was about $900.. and well worth it.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:02 AM

thanks saved me a allot of time i think im gonna go with the Kenwood KVT-512

Old 11-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's an awesome unit, I have the "slightly" upgraded model (newer year, basically..)

if you're going to get the navigation, i recommend buying it refurbished / used / wherever the cheapest is..

there really is no point in buying it used, there's a brain, antenna, and wiring harness.. nothing really to be broken.. and you can save tons of $$$$

(example: Kenwood KNA-G510 Add-On GPS Navigation Module COMPLETE - eBay (item 380179894996 end time Nov-30-09 10:54:08 PST)) it's where i bought mine (no affilation to seller)

crutchfield has it for Kenwood KNA-G510 Add-on navigation system at Crutchfield.com.. $600.. yikes!

Old 12-19-2009, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by nox1s
What's your budget?

Find Car Audio/Video Gear that Fits Your Vehicle at Crutchfield!

You might have to put in your car. It'll show you what fits and what doesn't. Any single-din unit will fit regardless of the screen size, double-din units WILL NOT fit.

I myself have the kenwood kvt-614. When I buy an electronic, I tend to look for the best. I wouldn't look for a walmart special with a brand "Pyle" that i've never heard of before. That's just me though. I want brand name products with brand name quality.

That being said, I recommend the Kenwood KVT-514 or 614. The 614 has just higher voltage pre-outs / preamps for additional speakears, etc, which you may not need (Probably not).

The navigation addon is the Kenwood GNA-510. It's actually a Garmin unit addon for the Kenwood monitor. That being said, Garmin makes some of the best navigation units around and it is 100% top notch, I love it.

I also have the XM package and iPod hookup (for my iPhone) and I have 0 complains, only praises..

I love it. All together everything was about $900.. and well worth it.
I looked at your pics of your deck installed it looks awesome. Was it hard to mount it or pretty stright forward? Also can you take a few pic of it closed just so i can see it. Thanks