All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Not sure what to make of this

Old 09-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not sure what to make of this

I got the mail in today and found this.

0910151806a_zpspofxedsz.jpg

It looks all official but, I am thinking it's just their way of trying to sell me something. I have read that there was suppose to be a buy back program for some Jeeps and Rams but not Crossfires. Of all the dealers in the Cincy area this is the only who has sent me anything like this. Kinda strange since I have never dealt with that dealer in the past. Any one else received anything like this?

On another note I went to the storage unit where the XF currently resides to get it out for a run and a quick detail for a show this Saturday. I hit the unlock button on the key fob a couple time and nothing. The drivers door was unlocked so I got in and the car started fine. I then hit the lock switch on the dash and the passenger door and the trunk unlocked. I pulled out and went for a 30 minute drive, during that time the doors did not auto lock. They are suppose to auto lock right? Once back I did the detail and locked her back in the vault.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Not sure what to make of this

Originally Posted by xjken
I got the mail in today and found this.

It looks all official but, I am thinking it's just their way of trying to sell me something. I have read that there was suppose to be a buy back program for some Jeeps and Rams but not Crossfires. Of all the dealers in the Cincy area this is the only who has sent me anything like this. Kinda strange since I have never dealt with that dealer in the past. Any one else received anything like this?

On another note I went to the storage unit where the XF currently resides to get it out for a run and a quick detail for a show this Saturday. I hit the unlock button on the key fob a couple time and nothing. The drivers door was unlocked so I got in and the car started fine. I then hit the lock switch on the dash and the passenger door and the trunk unlocked. I pulled out and went for a 30 minute drive, during that time the doors did not auto lock. They are suppose to auto lock right? Once back I did the detail and locked her back in the vault.
It looks like a lot of AD'S I get in the mail, not for my XF though. Dealers are always looking for the model cars I have, saying they have many people looking for JUST WHAT I HAVE. Was the envelope a standard company one or one of those blanket type. I think I would call the company and ask. Almost looks like they are trying to take advantage of a perceived situation.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi XJKEN:
Well as you know I live locally and I didn't receive one, The way it reads kinda sounds like they just want you to buy a car from them, as a trade it in ploy. And the car should auto lock when moving, mine does. Is your battery in good shape? These cars do strange things when the battery starts to go. Did you try the reprogram the key thing on your fob?
Ken

Old 09-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Forum Regular

It did not come in an envelope just folded in half with that sticky glue holding it together. The car battery will be three years old this coming February and the car does not get driven a lot so it may be time to replace it. At first I thought the batteries in the fob may be at fault until the doors did not auto lock.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xjken
It did not come in an envelope just folded in half with that sticky glue holding it together. The car battery will be three years old this coming February and the car does not get driven a lot so it may be time to replace it. At first I thought the batteries in the fob may be at fault until the doors did not auto lock.
Makes me think it is a Come-On Ad.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:04 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill T.
Makes me think it is a Come-On Ad.
You think? LOL

Old 09-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

hey, if they will take yours in trade for a 2015 model crossfire, make me an appointment too!

Old 09-11-2015, 07:24 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The second paragraph says " This is not a factory issued recall inspection" Their just wanting to sell a new car.
Ken

Old 09-11-2015, 01:00 PM

Just a way to get ya into the showroom !!!

Old 09-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Forum Regular

Did you try the reprogram the key thing on your fob?

If the key fob needs to be reprogrammed would the car still start?