Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Alpine x100m bought and center console color

Old 10-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alpine x100m bought and center console color

Hi all,
I just bought (finally) Alpine x100m following forum suggestions and it looks great BUT I find the surround trim is almost white so I want to paint to match colour of silver console and I have a few questions:
1.What should I use?Color spray or what else?
2.Does the center console have a specific color?I don't know like color code or something or should I just buy plain silver?
3.Other advices?
Thanks

Old 10-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Alpine x100m bought and center console color

Originally Posted by epig
Hi all,
I just bought (finally) Alpine x100m following forum suggestions and it looks great BUT I find the surround trim is almost white so I want to paint to match colour of silver console and I have a few questions:
1.What should I use?Color spray or what else?
2.Does the center console have a specific color?I don't know like color code or something or should I just buy plain silver?
3.Other advices?
Thanks
Congrats on the Alpine! We have the same unit in both of our Crossfires.
As to your question, I think the silver color is the same as the windshield surround, side strakes, and wheels. Hope this helps.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A question to anyone that owns the x100m- what is the equalizer like? I have seen different information on various sites, some claim it has only a 2-band parametric equalizer and others state as many as 5-bands. Basically, how many settings can you adjust to tweak the sound? What does it sound like? Are you happy with the sound quality and ability to tweak and fine tune the way it sounds?

Crutchfield states that it has a 2-band parametric equalizer. However overpriced they may be, they do have outstanding customer service and are very reliable so I am pretty sure that it is correct. I just want to make sure as I have seen it listed as 5-band parametric elsewhere.

This unit is obviously the best match for our car and it would such a shame that such a nice head unit would have such a weak equalizer.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Have you done the capacitor mod ?

Old 11-28-2011, 08:06 AM

You are given the options of -subwoofer(not the ones behind the seats), bass, and treble. Also fade front to back( doesn't apply to our setup) as well as left/right. You can also BUY an external module that you hook up and do a sonic test of the car's cabin, and the you can adjust the parameters from this device. We didn't buy that unit, we did the "Biggest Bang for Your Buck" door speaker mod. It really is amazing the difference that mod makes on the whole sound from the factory amp/speakers. Essentially you're creating a low pass filter for the door speakers to redirect more of the bass information to the subs where that energy belongs. I was stunned after doing this mod, that the Infinity designers didn't catch such a simple fix for their sound system.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smfrycruzr
You are given the options of -subwoofer(not the ones behind the seats), bass, and treble. Also fade front to back( doesn't apply to our setup) as well as left/right. You can also BUY an external module that you hook up and do a sonic test of the car's cabin, and the you can adjust the parameters from this device. We didn't buy that unit, we did the "Biggest Bang for Your Buck" door speaker mod. It really is amazing the difference that mod makes on the whole sound from the factory amp/speakers. Essentially you're creating a low pass filter for the door speakers to redirect more of the bass information to the subs where that energy belongs. I was stunned after doing this mod, that the Infinity designers didn't catch such a simple fix for their sound system.
No I have not done the capacitor mod, I plan on upgrading the speakers and putting in an amp and a real sub woofer in the trunk in the near future. Depending on the set-up I might do it or I might not need to. If I was just upgrading the head unit then it would be a no brainer though.

Now I realize you can buy the Imprint add-on for the ida-x100m, however it is $150 plus $350 for the head unit itself and that is $500, definitely not worth it in my opinion. I feel like if I'm paying $350 for a head unit it should have a better equalizer than the stock unit.

The Pioneer MVH series has an 8-band graphic equalizer, so I plan on going with that even though it might not be as pretty or match the interior as well as the Alpine.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cedar11
No I have not done the capacitor mod, I plan on upgrading the speakers and putting in an amp and a real sub woofer in the trunk in the near future. Depending on the set-up I might do it or I might not need to. If I was just upgrading the head unit then it would be a no brainer though.

Now I realize you can buy the Imprint add-on for the ida-x100m, however it is $150 plus $350 for the head unit itself and that is $500, definitely not worth it in my opinion. I feel like if I'm paying $350 for a head unit it should have a better equalizer than the stock unit.

The Pioneer MVH series has an 8-band graphic equalizer, so I plan on going with that even though it might not be as pretty or match the interior as well as the Alpine.
Please, before you buy a new amp/speaker system, invest the few dollars to do the door speakers. It really is a nice and powerful system once you do this mod. Unless you are into jelling your insides with 130dbl. of sonic energy,lol.