Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Radio LED adjust & PTY off

Old 05-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio LED adjust & PTY off

Hello,
Need help with radio operation.

Is there a way to make the LED radio display brighter (aside from the instrument panel dial next to the speedo)? The owner's manual, on page 107 under USER MENU section, refers to LED as the 5th function available by pressing the OPT button, but nothing comes up pertaining to the LED when arein OPT mode.

Also, is there a way to turn the PTY function off and display only the radio station number? Page 104 of the owner's manual describes how to activate PTY, but not how to turn it off.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Re: Radio LED adjust & PTY off

No to your first question.

Second, to turn PTY off, I Believe you just follow the turn on instructions - it's a "toggle" function.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:39 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyJ
Hello,
Need help with radio operation.

Is there a way to make the LED radio display brighter (aside from the instrument panel dial next to the speedo)? The owner's manual, on page 107 under USER MENU section, refers to LED as the 5th function available by pressing the OPT button, but nothing comes up pertaining to the LED when arein OPT mode.

Also, is there a way to turn the PTY function off and display only the radio station number? Page 104 of the owner's manual describes how to activate PTY, but not how to turn it off.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
If you have an 2004 early LED radio version the best thing to do is replace it with a later LCD version. That's what I did. The LCD backlit versiion is far superior to reading it during the daytime. It's an easy trade out. Use the radio removal tools, pull the current one our, disconnect and then install the new one. Took 5 minutes max and boy what a difference. I like the LED at night but during the day in most light conditions it was impossible to read. I bought an LCD for 75 bucks off a junked Xfire. You can find them even cheaper. Some members might have some available for sale on here. Good luck and let us know what you do.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the responses and info. Looks like this 2004 XF is an early one, prod date 05/03, VIN # is under 1200, so I guess a newer model radio is the only fix for the hard to read display.

Regarding turning off the PTY, looks like I'm still in the dark there. Can't find a toggle function on the radio or in the owner's manual, , onwer's manual describes the "multifunction PT button", which is readily apparent when you are in OPT mode. When you press the multifunction button that corresponds to the PT light, nothing happens, when you press it again as if to turn off, nothing happens, when you press/turn the tuning **** in OPT mode, the PT function does not turn off. Owner's manual doesn't in fact say how to de-activate PTY, so you're left guessing/experimenting/forum posting.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a manual on the Infinity web site. It tells you how all the functions work.