Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Static on radio

Old 11-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Static on radio

I have had my x-fire since May and my wife loves it. I enjoy it on weekends. I actually try to use this car instead of my other sports car or SUV. The only problem we have is that the radio SUCKS. We get static all the time. When you live in the NY metro area stations are never a problem. The dealer told me that they had been seeing this on the coupes but not the roadster. I wrote a letter to the Chairman of Daimler and it filtered down. I said I would be happy to pay for an upgrade radio so I could get satellite. They only have one other radio. Its the GPS and if you don't order it from the factory ut can't bechanged. I don't understand that because you can get an aftermarket radio installed.

They are going to changemy radio in a week and a half, check the antenna to make sure that there isn't a short somewhere and hopefully solve the problem.

Any suggestions?

Old 11-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Static on radio

This is just an uninformed guess, but the reason they may not be able to put the radio with the GPS in is because the cars that don't come with it are not wired for GPS navigation. That would require a separate GPS receiver that would not be in cars without it. Aftermaket head units would not have this problem.