Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Moving Air Conditioner/Heater knobs and controls

Old 02-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving Air Conditioner/Heater ***** and controls

I am currently planning my iPad Mini install but I have run into a problem. You can read my iPad Mini installation plans here https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...i-install.html I was originally going to mount the iPad Mini in the center console in place of the stereo and 7 switches below the stereo. But I would not like how low the iPad would sit if it was placed there. So instead I have chosen to mount the iPad higher up in place of the stereo and climate control (heater, a/c, rear defrost, buttons etc.) so it would be just under the two center air vents, instead of just above the passenger air bag light/cigarette lighter area. When I install the iPad in place of those climate controls I would have to move them and I am planning on moving them into the armrest box. A few concerns I have; how difficult is it to move all the climate controls, does it just involve lengthening the wires and creating a custom mount in the armrest box, how can I deepen the armrest box just so I could add some extra room in there because the climate controls would be somewhat in the way. As you can see in the picture the yellow outline area was my previous idea for the placement but you can see how the gear shifter would be in the way. The red outline is my new idea for the placement.

Attached Images
File Type: png
iPad Install.png (270.3 KB, 60 views)
Old 03-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Moving Air Contitioner/Heater ***** and controls

I think if you took off your center bezel you would find that you are way in over your head with this.... it's not an easy task at all and it involves much more than extending wires.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:36 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Moving Air Contitioner/Heater ***** and controls

I have had mine apart and there are "rods" from the ***** not wires. Rethink, and then think again before cutting. (Measure twice - Cut once)