Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Running power wire to sub amp

Old 04-20-2017, 02:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Running power wire to sub amp

hey guys - ive searched through the forum and haven't found anything specific pertaining to this question.

Ive got the kenwood new head unit in and a sub box built with an alpine 12 in the hatch compartment -

all that is needed now is running of RCA from head unit and a power wire from the battery for the amp

if anyone else has ran their own power wire, did you go underneath the vehicle and wire the frame rail etc and up through the rear hatch?

or did you all drill through firewall and bury the power wire within the panels of the interior of the xfire?

thanks in advance guys - drive safe

ks

Old 04-21-2017, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Running power wire to sub amp

No need to drill through the firewall. Remove battery and the tray, below that you will see a large existing grommet to feed your power wire into the cockpit. There is a pic of this somewhere on here, but it's pretty obvious one the battery is out.

Old 04-21-2017, 03:55 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Haha, text me you have my number in your pm.
Haha
I have a mb quart 1200x2 amp behind seat.
And 2 skar vvx8, tripple stacked magnets.
Kenwood head unit.
Skar componet in doors and tweeters on dash.
I can show you how to run the wires, or help.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ksmi87
hey guys - ive searched through the forum and haven't found anything specific pertaining to this question.

Ive got the kenwood new head unit in and a sub box built with an alpine 12 in the hatch compartment -

all that is needed now is running of RCA from head unit and a power wire from the battery for the amp

if anyone else has ran their own power wire, did you go underneath the vehicle and wire the frame rail etc and up through the rear hatch?

or did you all drill through firewall and bury the power wire within the panels of the interior of the xfire?

thanks in advance guys - drive safe

ks
Where are you wanting to put the amp, behind passenger seat?
Or in back?

Make sure you run the rca and power in seperate locations or you chance getting noise interference.

I ran my power wire under battery, there is a rubber grommet through firewall, behind kick panel and under the door silver to behind the seat.

Rca and remote through console and exit out the back bottom of the console to behind the seat.

With the amp behind the seat when I have the window down there is alot of air that runs behind the seat keeping cool, but even with the windows up in winter, even with running amp 4 to 6 hours with it has not been to hot, just warm.

Pretty easy to run the rca under console and power through firewall then under the sill