Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Connecting a powered sub

Old 07-16-2017, 02:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connecting a powered sub

Hello all. I have an older Infinity basslink powered sub I'm looking to connect soon. What's the best locaction/path from cabin to engine compartment to run the power wire? Also if I tap into the rear speakers for line level sound, how is such done with the dual voice coil, considering it has 4 connection points? Any input appreciated.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:40 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Connecting a powered sub

Originally Posted by T. K. D.
Hello all. I have an older Infinity basslink powered sub I'm looking to connect soon. What's the best locaction/path from cabin to engine compartment to run the power wire? Also if I tap into the rear speakers for line level sound, how is such done with the dual voice coil, considering it has 4 connection points? Any input appreciated.
Best way to run power wire, is on passenger side remove kick panel and pull carpet back and you will be at the stock infinity amp, then go under hood, take the battery out and you will see a rubber grommet you can put wire through and runs right into area where amp is at, a easy run, and if needed wire can by put behind kick panel and run under the silver plate, if you decide to pigtail off the amp while you are at it, do not run signal line and power in same location, you will get signal noise.

The powered sub is a small slim box made for under a seat?
Will it fit behind passenger seat?

Old 07-17-2017, 01:44 PM

Thanks for your response. The infinity basslink that I have is a slightly older model. Its a little to big for an under seat application. However they were designed to lay flat or stand upright in a trunk type area.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:58 PM

Might fit good behind passenger seat?
Seen acouple ppl have slim powered subs behind seat.
I have my amp behind passenger seat and subs in back, and still room for all my luggage every week.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:59 PM

The basslink has a built in amp somewhere in the area of 200 watt I think. Since the crossfires cabin is so small I like the idea of having the unit behind me. Did you connect to the factory head unit or aftermarket?

Old 07-17-2017, 07:40 PM

Aftermarket, kenwood kmr558bt, factory amp powering skar components in door and 2 pairs of tweeters, rca through console to skar class d amp, to a pair of skar vvx 8v3 subs in back.