Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Rattling in door panels from sound system fix?

Old 05-23-2019, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling in door panels from sound system fix?

Hey everyone, a few months back I put a new sound system into my 05 convertible. I’ve got alpine tweeters and woofers in the door hooked up to a radio supplying 45W per channel. For the subs, I’ve got 2 150W subs hooked up to a 250W amp. The subs were installed by modding The factory mounting brackets.
Lately, I’ve noticed some rattle from the panels on the doors. It’s nothing terrible, just sounds like pieces of plastic vibrating/hitting together. I’ve figured out that the sound goes away when I press onto the armrest part of the door (like by the long silver bar/handle) lightly, but I can’t drive like that. Also already tried lowering the decibels for the frequencies going to the woofers on the EQ which helped a lot but it still sometimes happens.
None of the speakers are damaged, the vibrations causing the problem are coming from the subs.

Does anyone have any kind of fix for this? I’ve been thinking putting some sort of sound cancelling foam in the door might pad things enough to stop the vibrating/rattling noise, but I’m a little nervous about taking my doors apart. Anyone else have this issue or a solution?

Thanks for your help!