Canada Serving Canada.

Are you in Toronto??

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 04:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Are you in Toronto??

That would be me!

do you happen to reside in the yorkville rosedale area?

I have seen a black crossfire in that area several times, and once exchanged a thumbs up with the owner!

Old 11-05-2008, 05:13 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

I guessed that it would be your car I have seen as there are not too many around. My son and I thought you had sold it as we saw another car parked in its place, a BMW if I remember correctly.
My son does not have a car, except for my wifes '66 Mustang which is parked in our garage here in Caledon. He says he is going to fix it up, but I will believe that when I see it. It has been in our garage since December '77, but rust never sleeps. So our garage has two cars in it, the 'stang and the Xfire. My wifes car sits on the driveway all year, which ticks her of. We had another car, but we got rid of it this summer, so we are down to two cars. We are both retired so one car in the winter is OK.
I have had the Xfire since October '05, purchased it with 50k on the clock.
I have not had any trouble with it except two flats, it was made in November '03. I purchased an extended warranty at dealer cost, about $1,000. I ruined a rear tire (sidewall gash) and it was replaced no charge. The extended warranty pays for two oil changes and filters a year, so thats ten in total. Not a bad deal.
This site is great with lots of info and has really grown since I saw it first in '06. I never came back until now, I am sorry I missed it.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:26 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

I did not see too many Xfires this year. It snowed last night and the plow came by this morning throwing salt and sand. So thats it for this year, dust her off and put on the cover. I still have to hit 19,000k, as I did not use it much this year, too much rain.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Cool Re: Are you in Toronto??

Originally Posted by kelsey
Hi Guys Purchased a yellow 2008 roadster a couple of weeks ago in U. S., live in Thornhill, Love the Car so far, its a real fun car to drive.

Hi guys. I'm from Port Perry Ontario and own a since new 2004 SSB Coupe, 6 speed. Have approx. 59,000 kms on it now and has performed excellent. Will be looking for replacement tires in the spring and think I will be going with the new Toyo tires unless something else better comes out by then.

In the spring, when the roads are clean, we'll have to gtg for a cruise/lunch somewhere.

Kelsey, you have a new 2008 roadster; just wondering what your VIN# last 6 digits is?
Presumably you did not have to do the bumper modification, only the daytime headlights???

Roy

Old 12-04-2008, 11:44 AM

We need to get together come spring... I have only seen two other x fires, one white with black windows and one black with rag top.

anyone else wanna get together at a tims or something?

Old 12-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm up for it.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:05 PM

A get together in the spring sounds like a great idea. I cried two weeks ago when I finally gave in and decided there were no more warm days to come and put the rag top away for a long winters sleep.

I live in Aurora and there is actually a white coupe around the corner, a silver coupe a few streets away, there was a guy I had comunicated with on the forum that lived maybe 5 minutes away, and the Volvo dealership in Newmarket has a roadster for sale that I had seen.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:45 PM

I'm good for a gtg some time in the spring; possibly we could meet up at a cruise night some time..............we have a big one near Port Perry, Haugen's Chicken every Weds. night starting in May.

We should all keep this in the memory box for the spring...............maybe I can talk you guys into going to Detroit Woodward Ave. Dream Cruise in August........great gtg with 30 other Xfire owners.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mbepic
maybe I can talk you guys into going to Detroit Woodward Ave. Dream Cruise in August........great gtg with 30 other Xfire owners.
If I lived in Toronto you sure as hell could talk me into it ... that and Tail of the Dragon are a long ol' way from this boy's house ... we here on the left coast need a major event like this to call our own ...

Old 12-04-2008, 02:01 PM

hi guys ilive in aurora bayview and wellington i have 2004 black coupe. spring sounds good. for you guys that have not been to woodward dreamcruise its amazing hope more come next year ,maybe we could all drive up as a group. see ya.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

My driveway faces the "wine route" (Regional Rd 81, "old Hwy 8) that follows the escarpment to Niagara. From Spring to Fall on a Sunday afternoon it's not uncommon to see "parades" of Ferrari's, Corvettes, Lambo's, Healey's .......... you name it, pass by on their way to the Estate Winery's. What I haven't seen is a line of Crossfires passing by. Now that would be a beautiful sight!

Old 12-04-2008, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by tony sortino
hi guys ilive in aurora bayview and wellington i have 2004 black coupe. spring sounds good. for you guys that have not been to woodward dreamcruise its amazing hope more come next year ,maybe we could all drive up as a group. see ya.
Originally Posted by STEVES
If I lived in Toronto you sure as hell could talk me into it ... that and Tail of the Dragon are a long ol' way from this boy's house ... we here on the left coast need a major event like this to call our own ...
Hi Tony............I know you were at Woodward this past year and we all had a great time.
Has to be the biggest cruise this side of the moon.

STEVES...........distance is not an excuse if your retired or get a few weeks vacation; two years ago, we drove the Xfire to Cottonwood Arizona, met up with 16 other Xfires for the weekend and then continued further to San Diego and up the west coast. The further you drive the Xfire, the more you enjoy!

BlueCoupe..............the Niagara trip sounds inviting too!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Forum Regular
Location: Colborne Ontario, Orlando FL. (winter) Haliburton Ont. (summer)

Spring/Summer GTG sounds good. I'm in.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:42 PM

Wow good response, this might actually pan out!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:04 PM

Live in Etobicoke, 05 Alabaster roadster. Count me in for anything, GTG, Woodward. Cheers.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Exclamation Re: Are you in Toronto??

Weather is getting better!

I was thinking that we should do a lil meet and greet in the Richmond Hill area. I was thinking Woodbine and 16th ave. It is fairly central to everyone and has a huge parking lot and Tim Hortons. We would also be North of traffic and the roads are smoother.

Make some suggestions on a place or date!

Old 03-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Thumbs up Re: Are you in Toronto??

I would agree with that but it would have to be May or later for me; right now, I'm in sunny, warm Phoenix, Arizona...........the land of the DRY Crossfires.

BTW, if any one knows of anyone looking for an exceptional '04 Coupe', Arizona car, let me know. We are willing to drive this car back to the Windsor border crossing near the end of April for any serious buyer.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Forum Regular

hello fellow canadians in the gta,just bought an "05 ssb roadster.i have noticed that lots of xfires in the gta area.i was wondering if anyone organizes any tours.a weekend one would be great or even a one day one to niagara falls or up to wasaga beach.also i am from burlington ...i notice a fellow member also in burlington.i am in aldershot....where are you nor? may be it is time to organize a tour. gryfan

Old 04-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Forum Regular

2005 Crossfire Limited 6-speed Brampton here

Old 05-15-2009, 11:18 AM

This is the same 'post' that I put on the other 'GTG' thread;

I'm going to plan a 'GTG' in the east end of the GTA.......Pickering, just south of the 401.

I know the owner of 'Turbo Sportique, Automotive Accessories for the Connoisseur' and he has invited me and other Crossfire owners to his shop on a Saturday, then lunch at a Marina and back to his shop for further discussions.

His business link Turbo Sportique - Home Page

Jim, the owner, has promised to have on display his latest project car, a revamped Crossfire with custom front and rear spoilers..........so new that it has not made it to his website yet.

I am looking at Saturday, July 4th (sorry guys, has to be a Saturday);
I am just waiting for his confirmation on that particular date (June, unfortunately is out) and then I will confirm here. I know it might be a long haul for some of you guys but possibly there might be some east-enders come out of the woodwork as well. I live in Port Perry, have owned my Crossfire since new and have been on several hook-ups as far west as Phoenix AZ.

The worse case scenerio, July 4th or otherwise (will confirm), I might be the only one showing up but they have promised me an interestiing time.

Stay tuned to the other thread (GTG in Toronto) and I will update everyone as soon as I have further, firm information as to date and time.

Quick Reply: Are you in Toronto??