Canada Serving Canada.

Tires prices - selling my the family silver!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires prices - selling my the family silver!

I am shopping for new tires. I have yet to find any good deals. Does anyone have any ideas? The Tire Rack prices when the dollar conversion and shipping is factored in do not inspire me to order online. I would welcome any suggestions.

thanks

Old 03-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Forum Regular
Location: Colborne Ontario, Orlando FL. (winter) Haliburton Ont. (summer)
Default Re: Tires prices -selling my the family silver!

Originally Posted by MCathieE
I am shopping for new tires. I have yet to find any good deals. Does anyone have any ideas? The Tire Rack prices when the dollar conversion and shipping is factored in do not inspire me to order online. I would welcome any suggestions.

thanks
Tire Rack will ship them to where you want them installed. Watertown or Oswego N.Y., would be your best bets. You can do this all right on there website. Take the XF for a nice drive and come home with new tires.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:13 AM

Hello McathieE
I am in the same boat right now are you looking for just a summer tire of do you drive your car in the winter too.
I am gathering prices they seem to be in the $1300 -$1700 CAD range
Kal tire is ware i have found some of my best prices.
Costco has some pretty good prices.
I am waiting for a quote from wheels west out of vancouver.
I will let you know if i find any better prices.

Adrian

Old 03-21-2009, 07:50 AM

Hi Adrian;

That's a lot of money for tires! When I called my insurance agent to have my full coverage reinstated, he told me about a web site called 1010tires. He also said I was the third Crossfire owner to call that day! He told me about his high perfromance vehicle and said there were lots of reasonable options to the Goodyear and Michelin. I am researching still....I'll let you know what I come up with.

Tiretrack is an option but with the exchange rate, it's not an attractive option. I visit potential employers as part of my job and yesterday, a senior manager with CRA (it's the Canadian equivalent of the IRS) told me to do the same thing, drive across the border to buy my tires.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Forum Regular

My local tire dealer has Hankooks Evo's like i have for $1100 installed
Awsome tires

Old 03-22-2009, 05:56 PM

I got my General Exclaim UHP from tire rack had them shipped and installed to one of their partner shops (NTB) and after install I was under $1000 close to $800. A lot of people on their site likes them and I've not been disappointed.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:22 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Erzer
I got my General Exclaim UHP from tire rack had them shipped and installed to one of their partner shops (NTB) and after install I was under $1000 close to $800. A lot of people on their site likes them and I've not been disappointed.
I was just looking at those, and you're right. They may be even less right now.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by FP
I was just looking at those, and you're right. They may be even less right now.
Shark067 (Kell) has them and he likes them and his style of driving is a lot more aggressive than mine.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Default General Exclaims

Ok, so I was out shopping on the weekend for bike parts. I went to my local Candadian Tire. I noticed that the General Exclaim UHP's were on sale. I ask if I can get the sale price on a special order size too. Yes was the reply. However, when they entered the sizes, they discovered that they have never ordered that size - so they cannot assign a Canadian Tire stock number so I cannot order them.

I asked what they do when they sell new products - well then we assign a stock number. I waited for the light to come on but the bulb must have been burnt out.

I am waiting for a good time to go in and try and talk to a manager.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: General Exclaims

Ok, so I was out shopping on the weekend for bike parts. I went to my local Candadian Tire. I noticed that the General Exclaim UHP's were on sale. I ask if I can get the sale price on a special order size too. Yes was the reply. However, when they entered the sizes, they discovered that they have never ordered that size - so they cannot assign a Canadian Tire stock number so I cannot order them.

I asked what they do when they sell new products - well then we assign a stock number. I waited for the light to come on but the bulb must have been burnt out.

I am waiting for a good time to go in and try and talk to a manager.
Beeen there last year they have the fronts 225/40/18 at 80 dollars a piece
but they cant get the 255 or 275 / 35 or 30 in 19's to match
they have them in US so buy 2 fronts and get the backs from over the border.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Tires prices - selling my the family silver!

Take a little road trip to NYC and hook em up and drive back....

Old 03-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Forum Regular

I am going with the same tires as well. General Exclaim UHP's have good ratings and are far cheaper than others I was considering. They came out with new sizes and I want 295/30/20 for the rears which should look impressive from the rear. They may not have quite the dry traction of a few other choices but are half the price. From what I have read, they are more compliant and give a nice ride while providing good overall performance.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:03 PM

Update

I parked my Crossfire until the roads were in better shape so I have not been in a big hurry to get new tires. I turned the task over to my son after a tire rep argued with me that I must be lookiing for tires for my "sunfire" since there was no such thing as a Crossfire. He has had much better luck and has found the Kumho's for 215.00 for the 255/35/19's. The Sumitomo HTR ZIII's are only a few bucks more so I think I will go with them.

I know that sounds like a lot to you guys in the States but it is a good price for Canada.

Saturday, I am looking forward to driving with "new rubber"! I hope it does not rain!!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Forum Regular
Location: Colborne Ontario, Orlando FL. (winter) Haliburton Ont. (summer)

Update

I parked my Crossfire until the roads were in better shape so I have not been in a big hurry to get new tires. I turned the task over to my son after a tire rep argued with me that I must be lookiing for tires for my "sunfire" since there was no such thing as a Crossfire. He has had much better luck and has found the Kumho's for 215.00 for the 255/35/19's. The Sumitomo HTR ZIII's are only a few bucks more so I think I will go with them.

I know that sounds like a lot to you guys in the States but it is a good price for Canada.

Saturday, I am looking forward to driving with "new rubber"! I hope it does not rain!!!!
Enjoy all that new rubber.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:26 AM

After weeks of searching, the BEST I could find were "Kumhos" from "Tirerack.com" for approx $600 delivered.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryR
After weeks of searching, the BEST I could find were "Kumhos" from "Tirerack.com" for approx $600 delivered.
I had my Hankook Evo's from Tire Rack delivered to my door for $492.80 last week.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:20 AM

Hi,
I ordered a set of General - Exclaim UHP tires for the Crossfire from "tiretrends.com" located in
Maple Ridge B.C. Great price, great service!!
I placed the online order on a Tuesday and received the tires via UPS the following Monday!! That's shipped to my home in southern Ontario.
My total cost, with shipping and GST was $955.29 cdn!! It was the best price I could find for this tire and
I was dealing with a Canadain company.
Now I will still have to get them installed but I was quoted less than $100 cdn by a local shop that can do this type install. I still have some tread on the Conti's so it won't be till Sept.
The car is not winter driven so I'm not concerned about them not being a winter tire.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by james1
Hi,
I ordered a set of General - Exclaim UHP tires for the Crossfire from "tiretrends.com" located in
Maple Ridge B.C. Great price, great service!!
I placed the online order on a Tuesday and received the tires via UPS the following Monday!! That's shipped to my home in southern Ontario.
My total cost, with shipping and GST was $955.29 cdn!! It was the best price I could find for this tire and
I was dealing with a Canadain company.
Now I will still have to get them installed but I was quoted less than $100 cdn by a local shop that can do this type install. I still have some tread on the Conti's so it won't be till Sept.
The car is not winter driven so I'm not concerned about them not being a winter tire.
These are the tires I bought and I love them. Great tire. They are not the highest performance tire out there but are very good, ride well and have a great tread rating.

Steve