Canada Serving Canada.

New Cover On For Winter...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Cover On For Winter...

...Gotta tell you, if you are considering an OEM Crossfire Cover...it's great!
The insurance was removed off the Crossfire last week. Parked in the garage on wood platforms, the tank filled with Shell V-Power and added fuel stabilizer, over inflated the tires and left in 1st gear, handbrake disengaged and battery maintainer hooked up. For the first time, I used an OEM Cover I found earlier this year on Craigslist and am impressed. It fits like a glove, has pockets for the mirrors, clear plastic window at rear showing license plate and embossed Crossfire logo's at front and rear. The cover reaches almost to the floor with just a little of the bottom of wheels showing. If you are considering a cover, go for the OEM. Best cover I have used to date.

...it's going to be a long winter without the Crossfire...

Last edited by user 8202; 11-07-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New Cover On For Winter...

Originally Posted by tonygg
...Gotta tell you, if you are considering an OEM Crossfire Cover...it's great!
The insurance was removed off the Crossfire last week. Parked in the garage on wood platforms, the tank filled with Shell V-Power and added fuel stabilizer, over inflated the tires and left in 1st gear, handbrake disengaged and battery maintainer hooked up. For the first time, I used an OEM Cover I found earlier this year on Craigslist and am impressed. It fits like a glove, has pockets for the mirrors, clear plastic window at rear showing license plate and embossed Crossfire logo's at front and rear. The cover reaches almost to the floor with just a little of the bottom of wheels showing. If you are considering a cover, go for the OEM. Best cover I have used to date.

...it's going to be a long winter without the Crossfire...
Got any pics Tony? I miss my car too

Are you going to the XMas party?

Old 11-21-2011, 09:06 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Same here Tony. I have the OEM cover, and agree its just awesome. My car goes into a climate control storage place this week.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you going to the XMas party?
Yep, We will be there...getting hotel for overnight...
No pics of the car cover....if I get some time and daylight, I'll take some...

Old 11-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Put mine in storage for the first time in 5 winters. It's nestled among some cousins from the homeland (911s & Boxsters) in a climate controlled warehouse.

Besides fresh oil & antifreeze, I added Stabil and topped off the tank, left it in neutral with handbrake off and wheels chocked, trickle charger on the orig Varta, wood blocks on the wiper arms to keep 'em off the windshield, with numerous coats of wax, 303 on rubber & Lexol on leather. I don't have a full carcover, but have a California PopTop on the top. It'll come out in Mar/Apr.

Hurry Spring!

Old 11-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cover came with the car - from Michigan - and I was told that it is the original Chrysler branded cover. Through Chrysler, I was able to contact the manufacturer to obtain washing instructions because I expected it to get dirty in the spring/summer in Muskoka, where trees are abundant. It is a "WeatherShield" cover (small tag on the driver's windshield pillar) and very, very nicely fit for the roadster. I've attached a photo and the washing instructions that are specific to the WeaterShield cover here.

Attached Thumbnails New Cover On For Winter...-dsc_9928a.jpg  
Attached Files

Last edited by PitMarshall; 11-21-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:09 PM
FP

This is what the OEM cover looks like.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

These are going for $292 US with $15 shipping on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Crossfi...item5d313508ad

Last edited by harbor; 11-21-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by PitMarshall
My cover came with the car - from Michigan - and I was told that it is the original Chrysler branded cover. Through Chrysler, I was able to contact the manufacturer to obtain washing instructions because I expected it to get dirty in the spring/summer in Muskoka, where trees are abundant. It is a "WeatherShield" cover (small tag on the driver's windshield pillar) and very, very nicely fit for the roadster. I've attached a photo and the washing instructions that are specific to the WeaterShield cover here.
My cover looks identical to yours John. However, I dont recall seeing a tag around the pillar, no Chrysler logo either. I paid $50 from a guy in florida. It's like new. Tks for the washing instructions

Old 11-22-2011, 11:13 AM

Well, I was told it was the Chrysler provided cover. That comes from a Chrysler exec in Farmington Hills. Regardless, I too am sure that yours is the WeatherShield. I'll bring mine along to the Christmas gathering. In any case, the manufacturer was VERY explicit in citing Simple Green Laundry Soap as the only product that should be used. I got it at Canadian Tire. The reason I wanted this is because there was some sticky liquid that was on it after using up at a friend's cottage. I'm sure glad that I had it on.

In the end, it seemed to dry up and disappear from the cover - but I wanted to wash it anyway. That's why I looked into it.

Too bad that the Chysler logo on the motor's air box was not as colourful as the one on FP's cover. I like that.

Mine did not have the opening for the licence plate on the rear nor the front. It does have the word FRONT stenciled where the plate is though.

I actually have another cover that has some kind of tyvek material (very light) .. that I will use for garage storage. When I discussed which one would be the choice to protect the car in a forest scenario, both manufacturers agreed that the Weathershield is for outdoor use and that the other one, while durable, would not be as repelent nor strong in a gusty wind. Nor is the lighter one washable!

Old 11-22-2011, 11:37 AM

Well, I was told it was the Chrysler provided cover. That comes from a Chrysler exec in Farmington Hills. Regardless, I too am sure that yours is the WeatherShield. I'll bring mine along to the Christmas gathering. In any case, the manufacturer was VERY explicit in citing Simple Green Laundry Soap as the only product that should be used. I got it at Canadian Tire. The reason I wanted this is because there was some sticky liquid that was on it after using up at a friend's cottage. I'm sure glad that I had it on.

In the end, it seemed to dry up and disappear from the cover - but I wanted to wash it anyway. That's why I looked into it.

Too bad that the Chysler logo on the motor's air box was not as colourful as the one on FP's cover. I like that.

Mine did not have the opening for the licence plate on the rear nor the front. It does have the word FRONT stenciled where the plate is though.

I actually have another cover that has some kind of tyvek material (very light) .. that I will use for garage storage. When I discussed which one would be the choice to protect the car in a forest scenario, both manufacturers agreed that the Weathershield is for outdoor use and that the other one, while durable, would not be as repelent nor strong in a gusty wind. Nor is the lighter one washable!
My cover also has the stenciled "front" as well. Also has the antenna gromet but I dont have an antenna. Was thinking of putting duct tape on the back side of it for fear of scratching the paint @ that spot.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:11 PM
FP

Yep, you guys have the Weathershield cover. A good cover indeed. I had one before I found the OEM from a guy here on the forum. It was new, never used when he sold his Crossfire. It was a fairly good deal if I remember right. Here's a picture of the Weathershield cover.

Last edited by FP; 12-03-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:22 PM

I like the bag that your OEM cover came in. Nice collectible. The cover that I have goes into basically, a draw string bag of the same material. Functional but no where near as nice as yours.

Last edited by PitMarshall; 11-22-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Received 557 Likes on 468 Posts

I like the bag that your OEM cover came in. Nice collectible. The cover that I have goes into basically, a draw string bag of the same material. Functional but no where near as nice as yours.
I have the OEM cover, but I'm wondering how the NA version will fit the SRT, not too well I can imagine. It'll probably hang on the car like a cheap suit. The window for the license plate will probably let you look through the hatch window.

I have also laid my hands on the Miller flywheel locking tool, I'm not planning to use it but I'll add it to my collection of Crossfire 'stuff'.

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-01-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I have the OEM cover, but I'm wondering how the NA version will fit the SRT, not too well I can imagine.
Fits perfectly Dave, trust me................

Old 12-02-2011, 07:37 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I have also laid my hands on the Miller flywheel locking tool, I'm not planning to use it but I'll add it to my collection of Crossfire 'stuff'.

Sounds like there may be a new pulley in your future.......

Old 12-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Received 557 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Sounds like there may be a new pulley in your future.......
No pully for me. I am thinking it will be basically OEM except for the NW CAI. I'd go for the SC pully but not at that price.

I did get a cover with the car from Jake80 and I will use that rather than the OEM one. I hate to see a car shabbily dressed.