Canada Serving Canada.

Adirondack Spring Tour - May 18th - 20th

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Adirondack Spring Tour - May 18th - 20th

The top of Whiteface Mountain, July 1969.

Attached Thumbnails Adirondack Spring Tour - May 18th - 20th-pict0237-2.jpg  
Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I may meet up with the group @ Watkins Glen...........it's about a 3 hour drive for me! If I leave @ 6 a.m. I can still stop for breakfast and be there before 11 a.m. Last time I was at the glen was for a F1 race......Gilles Villeneuve was leading on last lap and on Ferrari team orders he allowed Jody Scheckter to pass him for the win.........The following year I saw Gilles win at Monaco...........those were the days!

Last edited by bluecoupe; 02-02-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
I may meet up with the group @ Watkins Glen...........it's about a 3 hour drive for me! If I leave @ 6 a.m. I can still stop for breakfast and be there before 11 a.m.
Thats what I had in mind. I can't do the whole weekend event but I could make a long day out of it

There is still some east soco I have not met

Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

I may meet up with the group @ Watkins Glen...........it's about a 3 hour drive for me! If I leave @ 6 a.m. I can still stop for breakfast and be there before 11 a.m. Last time I was at the glen was for a F1 race......Gilles Villeneuve was leading on last lap and on Ferrari team orders he allowed Jody Scheckter to pass him for the win.........The following year I saw Gilles win at Monaco...........those were the days!
The last time I was at The Glen I saw Graham Hill (BRM) win the 1965 F1 race, Jim Clark (Lotus) used both team cars in an effort to catch him and both broke down. Both broke the lap record a number of times. The Honda F1 car made its North American debut there, it finished but was way down the list.The fences around the track were ankle deep in beer cans and the site was muddy as the rain was falling off and on. Party time for the campers the night before.

Of note was the new Ford GT car sitting on an open trailer in the forecourt of a garage. No barrier or obvious guards and you could touch it and look inside. Lucas (Prince of Darkness) instruments and a UK tax disk on the windshield, it was straight off the boat from England. Ford had just failed to buy Ferrari and wanted a head start on a GT car for its entry into GT racing, the Ford Le Mans successes were but a few years away.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-02-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The fences around the track were ankle deep in beer cans and the site was muddy as the rain was falling off and on. Party time for the campers the night before.
Dave, I stayed in a Winnebago in the "bog" and couldn't stray too far at night for fear of it being set alight.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:38 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be able to pull that off too. Has the track confirmed that its a go?

Old 02-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I may be able to pull that off too. Has the track confirmed that its a go?
Join us when you can guys...the more the merrier! You may want to consider having a leisurely drive to Watkins Glen on the Sunday and meeting us at the hotel. We could then have a social and have folks meet who haven't met yet. The next morning is no rush and we don't leave for the Track until 11am. I have contacted the track and they are not confirming or denying the availability, but they remain "optimistic" that it will be available. The track office is waiting for the "black out" dates at which time they will know for sure. I will phone them again in approximately two weeks and will continue to phone them periodically until confirmed. When it's confirmed and I have negotiated a group rate, I will let everyone know.

Last edited by user 8202; 02-02-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:47 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tonygg
Join us when you can guys...the more the merrier! You may want to consider having a leisurely drive to Watkins Glen on the Sunday and meeting us at the hotel. We could then have a social and have folks meet who haven't met yet. The next morning is no rush and we don't leave for the Track until 11am. I have contacted the track and they are not confirming or denying the availability, but they remain "optimistic" that it will be available. The track office is waiting for the "black out" days at which time they will know for sure. I will phone them again in approximately two weeks and will continue to phone them periodically until confirmed. When it's confirmed and I have negotiated a group rate, I will let everyone know.

Great....thanks Tony.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Banned

Has the track confirmed that its a go?
Yes it is a go and has just been confirmed! My contact insists that tickets are purchased beforehand. I will be driving into town on the Monday morning to purchase tickets on behalf of everyone, just prior to our group leaving for the track. For those who want to meet our group at the track only, I suggest you purchase your ticket beforehand from their online box office.

Last edited by user 8202; 02-04-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:33 PM

Yes it is a go and has just been confirmed! My contact insists that tickets are purchsed beforehand. I will be driving into town on the Monday morning to purchase tickets on behalf of everyone, just prior to our group leaving for the track. For those who want to meet our group at the track only, I suggest you purchase your ticket beforehand from their online box office.
Thanks for the confirmation, so if we arrive Monday morning at the track, you want us to purchase our tickets on-line in advance and we don't get the group rate, correct? Or did I misunderstand your post?

Old 02-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Banned

Thanks for the confirmation, so if we arrive Monday morning at the track, you want us to purchase our tickets on-line in advance and we don't get the group rate, correct? Or did I misunderstand your post?
No "group rate" for this event Steve...same price as last year. $25.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:57 PM

No "group rate" for this event Steve...same price as last year. $25.
Thanks Tony, see you Monday morning!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tony,

Lynda and I will be attending!

due to work commitments we did not get out to any events last summer, we are looking forward to seeing old freinds and meeting some new to us.Thanks for putting together a great event!

Angelo & Lynda
V2addict

Old 02-14-2013, 08:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by v2addict
Hi Tony,

Lynda and I will be attending!

due to work commitments we did not get out to any events last summer, we are looking forward to seeing old freinds and meeting some new to us.Thanks for putting together a great event!

Angelo & Lynda
V2addict
Glad you can join us Angelo! Be sure to book your hotel rooms, especially the Sunday night Motel. It only has 10 rooms! Ask for Stephanie and mention Crossfire Club for discount....

Old 02-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Banned

I have just received an email from Gorgeous View Motel (Sunday Night) informing me that only one room remains available...

Old 02-14-2013, 08:31 PM

I have just received an email from Gorgeous View Motel (Sunday Night) informing me that only one room remains available...
We are all booked in and ready to go!

The Mrs is happy happy happy! we did not get away with the Crossfire group at all last year due to buisness commitments!

Old 05-11-2013, 08:17 AM

Let's hope the forecast improves:

10 Day Weather Forecast for 14891 - weather.com

Old 05-11-2013, 08:27 AM

We're booked and going either way Steve!!

Haven't been anywhere in the Crossfire in the last year, the wife insists! Hope you can make it looking forward to seeing you.

Good fun,

Angelo

Old 05-11-2013, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by v2addict
We're booked and going either way Steve!!

Haven't been anywhere in the Crossfire in the last year, the wife insists! Hope you can make it looking forward to seeing you.

Good fun,

Angelo
Hey Angelo, nice to see you're back!....I think the last time we got together was the 2011 Fall Dragon?

Old 05-11-2013, 03:25 PM

Hey Angelo, nice to see you're back!....I think the last time we got together was the 2011 Fall Dragon?
Your probably right Steve, if I don't see you at an avent this year I will make a point of stopping by, I'd love to see your new digs! did you end up putting in heat? like I said, I have lots of undergroung gas pipe if needed, I realize its probably to late, but if not your more than welcome, I have no use for it here!

Angelo

Quick Reply: Adirondack Spring Tour - May 18th - 20th