Canada Serving Canada.

Disable Daytime Running Light

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable Daytime Running Light

I just figured out a way to disable daytime running light yesterday.

After reading the wiring diagram for an hour I think if I cut a specific wire behind the light switch I can disable the relay in the light switch.
There is a pink connector behind the light switch, after disconnect it the relay was disabled, but the turn signal and the brake light also stop working.
After figured out the wiring diagram I found out the No.5 brown line is a grounded line, and the service manual doesn't mention anything about the No.3 green/white line.

So, I end up cutting the No.3 green/white line and the relay are still working, and then I cut the No.5 brown line and that stop the relay working!

Now the parking light won't came on by itself when started the engine, and the low-beam won't cane on by itself when shift into gear(Reverse and Drive). The fog light switch don't work any more; I think it might because I cut the No.3 green/white line, or for a reason I don't know. Another wired thing after I cut the wire is the low-beam will turn on by it self when key turn into ON/RUN position, and came off after the engine started.

Here is the picture I took for my pink connector (D)

Last edited by CLKlasse; 07-28-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: Disable Daytime Running Light

Originally Posted by CLKlasse
I just figured out a way to disable daytime running light yesterday.

After reading the wiring diagram for an hour I think if I cut a specific wire behind the light switch I can disable the relay in the light switch.
There is a pink connector behind the light switch, after disconnect it the relay was disabled, but the turn signal and the brake light also stop working.
After figured out the wiring diagram I found out the No.5 brown line is a grounded line, and the service manual doesn't mention anything about the No.3 green/white line.

So, I end up cutting the No.3 green/white line and the relay are still working, and then I cut the No.5 brown line and that stop the relay working!

Now the parking light won't came on by itself when started the engine, and the low-beam won't cane on by itself when shift into gear(Reverse and Drive). The fog light switch don't work any more; I think it might because I cut the No.3 green/white line, or for a reason I don't know. Another wired thing after I cut the wire is the low-beam will turn on by it self when key turn into ON/RUN position, and came off after the engine started.

Here is the picture I took for my pink connector (D)
I have a US switch if you want to trade.
Resize your picture to max 800 pixels and you can post it in the body of the post. Or copy my smaller picture and replace yours.

Attached Thumbnails Disable Daytime Running Light-user35094_pic88367_1406555537-800x600-.jpg  
Old 07-28-2014, 08:03 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Or if you are near niagara falls I will trade my american switch which does not have day time running lights. your choice

Old 07-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Forget cutting wires etc.
Replace the light switch assembly with an American one.
You have two offers on the table.
I replaced mine with an American switch when I first purchased the car, giving me full control over my lighting choices.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:08 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tonygg
forget cutting wires etc.
Replace the light switch assembly with an american one.
You have two offers on the table.
I replaced mine with an american switch when i first purchased the car, giving me full control over my lighting choices.
bingo!!!!!!!!