Canada Serving Canada.

BC Meet N Greet

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC Meet N Greet

For Lower Mainland folks, or anyone for that matter:

April 10, Squamish, at the McDonalds parking lot, 2:00pm. Be there or be SQUARE!
(does Squamish have a McDonalds??? haha)

Old 04-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Default Re: BC Meet N Greet

Weather permitting, I will be there...

Bill

Old 04-01-2005, 10:03 PM

I am in. The highway is under construction but generally is pretty good, particularly on weekends. I live a few miles south of Squamish at Furry Creek.

Old 04-09-2005, 01:04 PM

OK folks. The big day is tomorrow. Since there only seems to be three of us, and there are some concerns about the weather, Who intends to go if it is raining?

If it IS raining, I think I will bow out. I think ViffeR feels the same.

Old 04-10-2005, 12:29 PM

Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it... car is a the dealer getting the first gear syncro replaced...

Old 04-10-2005, 01:59 PM

I live here so it really is up to you Andrew.
If you like we can reschedule.

Old 04-10-2005, 08:23 PM

Guess it is a bust.
Not to worry we can try again.
How about White Rock next time.
Say meet at noon in two weeks time.
Interestingly enough I met a fellow driving a red Crossfire at Furry Creek yesterday. We were stopping traffic so didn't get a name. But I got the impression he is a resident of the lower main land. Had Veteren Plates on the Car.
Regards
Kim

Old 04-11-2005, 09:50 AM

Sorry to leave you hanging, Kim. I was driving home from work on Sunday morning (shift worker) and was getting rained on. Then I saw ViffeR's note and figured this was a right-off. I was going to check the forum again after my nap, but I ended up sleeping right thru to the afternoon. My apologies to you!

I am all for trying again in Whiterock, but May 1st is better for me.

Old 04-17-2005, 12:38 PM

May 1 will work for me.
Yesterday I was in Vancouver and was surprised at the number of Crossfires I saw in such a short period of time. Saw a blck one on the Sea to Sky, a red inferno coupe, and two saphire silver.

Old 04-18-2005, 06:32 PM

I should be good for May 1st...

Kiempe, were you on Robson on Saturday? I saw a SSB Saturday around 4:00 on Robson Street...

Old 04-18-2005, 10:41 PM

I was on Robson and couldn't believe the Crossfire cars that I saw.
Were you driving yours on Saturday on Robson... also a SSB?
Is yours the Coupe or the Roadster? I saw both.

Also I noticed your comment in the detail section. Have you purchased some Klasse All in One and where did you get it if you don't mind my asking. I have checked web sites and there is not much available in Canada.

Regards,
Kim

Old 04-19-2005, 11:44 AM

Yep, I was on Robson driving my SSB at 4:00 in the afternoon. Coupe, tinted windows ect...

Old 05-31-2006, 04:58 PM

Just got my crossfire a week ago so I wasn't able to be at the may 1 meet any new ones coming up.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Smile Re: BC Meet N Greet

as a new 2004 crossfire owner in the lowermainland i would love the chance to meet other owners and swap tech details and quirks such as replacing passenger side low beam what a pain in the a##$$

Old 05-16-2008, 01:59 PM

Hi, just wondering if anyone was planning a run over to the Island for a Meet'n Greet, if so I'll be aout and I might be able to drag a friend out with his, less than 6000 k and about 2 inches of dust on it.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:26 PM

Here's a question for everyone in the lower mainland...

Where do you take your cars for service/repairs?

Old 06-06-2008, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by peter_k
Here's a question for everyone in the lower mainland...

Where do you take your cars for service/repairs?
Have not got to that point my self but from every thing I see in the form the MB dealer may be the best idea. That looks like a drive into Surrey for me

Old 06-09-2008, 02:03 AM

From my understanding (talked to mercedes north van service manager, and my friend is also a tech there) it is against company policy of MB to work on our vehicles, and therefore will not touch them...even if we pay...

So I'm kind of stuck...

I need :
New front upper ball joints (ripped and no grease)
New Steering stabiliser (Leaked out all fluid, moves by hand freely)
Front wheel bearings (loose and make ticking sounds)
Driveshaft flex discs aka "guibo's" (rubber cracked on all bolt holes on front and rear guibo's)
Major driveline lash (front to rear section play of driveshaft, and major clunking from output of tranny to shaft)
Rear diff makes thud sound even when rolling in traffic and popping clutch...
Driver seat loose and rocks back and forth (seat track bent from dealer tilting seat against rear wall, and will not replace...they keep saying it's normal, and it was not like that when the car was new... even my 2 friends crossfire's don't do this)

I'm at my end with this car... I love it, but the service leaves a lot to be desired... Even when i called 1-800 chrysler number after the dealer bent/ripped my moulding on the window trim, cracked the headliner and got it dirty (they just replaced it after a water leak they butchered fixing with BLACK RTV on my white car), scratched the window tint (6 inch line), chipped my drivers door, scratched the door sills while replaceing the seat heater elements, and didn't even put the A-pillar trim back on and I asked to have the district service rep call me since the service managaer tells me "People make mistakes, even you make mistakes" after I tried to talk (not yell) to him about what happened after he assured me the car was ready to pick up (I live about 45 minutes each way from this dealer, so I wanted to make sure everything was done).... The district manager never called... I called the 1-800 back, and was told there was a note that the district manager advises me to talk to the service manager... Guess how far that got me...

Pictures attached...

If anyone knows of a good Chrysler shop (still have warranty) in the lower mainland, PLEASE let me know...

Likewise if anyone knows how to get in contact with a District Service Manager / someone at Chrysler Canada that won't blow me off, PLEASE let me know...

I really want to get this resolved if possible... If not, the folks at Clarkdale VW are great with my Touareg ( always done early, always washed (the crossfire has only been washed twice out of over 15 trips), so I might have to go fully German, then play the "call the media" game after the crossfire is gone...

Attached Thumbnails BC Meet N Greet-crossfire.jpg   BC Meet N Greet-crossfire_1.jpg   BC Meet N Greet-img00089.jpg   BC Meet N Greet-img00091.jpg   BC Meet N Greet-img00095.jpg  

BC Meet N Greet-img00096.jpg   BC Meet N Greet-img00100.jpg   BC Meet N Greet-img00103.jpg   BC Meet N Greet-img00104.jpg   BC Meet N Greet-img00108.jpg  

BC Meet N Greet-img00109.jpg  
Old 06-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Unhappy Re: BC Meet N Greet

Wow!!!

I never want to show up at that dealer.

Can you let me know who they are --Please?

As far as the MB issue you are 100% correct. I phoned just after making my post and was nicely told that they would not touch my car.

Couple of Items
With the type of service you are receiving I think we should start a new post listing off Lower Mainland dealers and noting what kind of service each of us receive.
This might do two things
Let others know were to go and not to go
It also might get Chrysler Canada to looking into the situation.

As far as a recommendation I only got my Roadster two weeks ago so I have no experience at all.
I can pass on a comment that was made to me. My son is friends with one of the people at Coquitlam Chrysler. Knowing that I live in Langley he stated that I should go to Langley Chrysler and not go to Whillowbrook Chrysler

Old 08-20-2008, 09:42 AM

Hello fello BC'ers!!! SRT6 Roadster owner here from the Langley area. Wish i would have seen your guys' posts earlier. I am having issues with my baby and its going into Jim Pattision Chrysler in Surrey tomorrow...........wish me luck. I am very very very nervous.

Quick Reply: BC Meet N Greet