Car Shows The place to discuss car shows and tips and tricks for winning them...

International Route 66 Festival & Car Show - Springfield, Ill Sept 27-29

Old 04-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 499 Likes on 344 Posts
Default International Route 66 Festival & Car Show - Springfield, Ill Sept 27-29

Initially Chas at CICCI was contacted by Alisha from the Springfield, Ill. Convention & Visitors Bureau.
She wanted to let us know about an annual event every year held in Springfield Ill.
Chas then notified me since I am in Illinois and a closer contact person to find out about this event.
Here is their website and a little more info about the weekend event.
Thought some here may be interested to bring our Crossfires to this show and park together and show off our cars.
Hotel info available below and I'm wanting to see who would be interested in attending this event.

International Route 66 Festival, Springfield, IL

Over 1,000 cool cars and 80,000 spectators will roll into the heart of Springfield's historic downtown this September for a weekend of family fun in the sun and non-stop live music and entertainment! Come celebrate the golden age of Route 66...the cars, the music, the food, the friends......all brought together along Illinois' Route 66.

$40 Registration fee includes weekend admission for the vehicle, driver, one passenger and any children 15 and under riding in your vehicle.
Most shows also include a goody bag.

HOTEL INFO:

Hotel rooms now available but they are first come first serve so don't delay.
I have secured a small number of rooms for the Crossfire Group.
You need to reserve your room by phone and tell them you are with the CROSSFIRE GROUP to get our special low rate

Here is the link to the hotel but reservations must be made by phone as I stated above

The State House Inn - Springfield, Illinois

Mapquest to Hotel >>MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

The rate they are offering us is $82.99 and that includes a full/hot breakfast.
This hotel is good because you can walk to the festival, and they have open parking in their lot (not ramp parking like the other downtown hotels).
When booking if you can identify yourself as part of the “CROSSFIRE GROUP" that should get you the special rate.

The contact person for reservations at the State House Hotel is Alexandra
She can be reached by phone at (217)-528-5100 (ext.814)

This is a closed thread...go to the open thread (link below) to post if you wish to attend or have any questions etc:

Last edited by Valk; 07-13-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 499 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Re: International Route 66 Festival & Car Show - Springfield, Ill Sept 27-29

I received a nice packet with more info about Springfield and things to see and do while visiting the town
Here is a website to better familiarize you with the surroundings and things to do.
Take a moment and click the link below and I hope you will be encouraged to come for the weekend and join us for a car show / Crossfire meet and more.
Springfield, Ill Sept 27-29

Get your kicks! | Springfield Illinois Plan-on Site

This is a closed thread...go to the open thread (link below) to post if you wish to attend or have any questions etc:

Last edited by Valk; 09-10-2013 at 02:11 PM.