Car Shows The place to discuss car shows and tips and tricks for winning them...

HUGE CAR SHOW Every Sunday in Portland, OR

Old 08-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HUGE CAR SHOW Every Sunday in Portland, OR

Just to put it out there for your fellow Portland, OR or regional owners:
A friend of mine started a small car show about two years ago, and now every single Sunday down under the bridges over the Willamette River on the East Side is an enormous tuner-type car show.
What you need to know:
6:30pm every Sunday
Approximately Belmont to Yamhill Streets on 2nd (believe me, you won't miss it).
Sometimes over 600 cars! Insane.
Must be law abiding at all times and respectfully slow while on all applicable streets due to crowds of pedestrians.
Consider supporting the various charity events put on by the organizers while there.

There are just a boatload of neat cars there; LOTS of Asian tuner cars, but all types are welcome. It's gotten so big now that buses are taking tourists past it. Join the fun and see a ton of cars/talk shop/and enjoy the company.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HUGE CAR SHOW Every Sunday in Portland, OR

Thanks for the info. If You own a crossfire please take a few minutes and check out our NWCC . We get together a few times a Year and do some Cruises and such. mailto:xfireobsessed@hotmail.com

They mostly work on facebook.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:17 AM

Thanks! I'm now a member! Appreciate the heads up.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:57 PM

Important Note: I just went to this Meet for the first time, and wanted to re-iterate that this is a tuner meet filled with mostly Asian imports, BMWs, and VWs. This is NOT a Classics or Rod show, so there won't be anyone talking shop over old Corvettes or new Maseratis. This is about people pouring personality, style, and brut horsepower into stock vehicles.
Typical age was between 16 and 40. Family friendly, but not everyone's cup of tea. Loud music (but actually really good electronica music), lots of young people, and of course, the whole tuner culture vibe. I had a really good time for the hour I was there, and especially liked the row of Mercedes rat-rods under the bridge as well as the low-rider/hydraulics sedans intersection. My wife would have been interested for about 10 minutes, though, so I'm glad I went alone.
I will also say that as I drove my SRT6 out of the meet through the "Catwalk" avenue, I got a LOT of great compliments and people wanting to know about it. Given the cars that were there, my car stood out almost as much as the Porsche 917 Race Car some company was using to advertise with!