Car Shows The place to discuss car shows and tips and tricks for winning them...

Chryslers at Carlisle July 12-14

Old 02-18-2019, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chryslers at Carlisle July 12-14

is anyone going to Carlisle this year?
Im planning on going.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:12 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Chryslers at Carlisle July 12-14

Keep an eye on the "Car Shows" section of the forum that's where it will be posted probably in the next month or so. My wife and I'll will be there.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:07 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

After all the dealer issues with dodge and chrysler I am getting rid of my ram and durango hemi and seriously thought to giving up on carlisle this year. Fiat is in charge and there is little value in the line, durangos to be dropped, and dodge is going to drop car lines - just trucks. Boo; Woody

https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/09/aut...dge/index.html

Old 02-26-2019, 05:23 PM
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Guys
Apparently someone notified Carlisle Events that CICCI no longer exists, since it is no longer listed as a "club" in their alpha listing on their site. We had either 19 or 20 attend in 2018. One of the Carlisle Events requirements for a canopy/tent for any group was a minimum of 25 cars for this perk. Looks like 2019 will be lacking that perk, based upon last years attendance. That could be very uncomfortable in 90+ heat!
I'm on the fence for 2019...…
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 02-27-2019, 11:30 AM

Last year I spoke with Tony about the Chrysler Nationals for this year and he said he was planning on going back this year and maybe trying to get people to chip in for a tent since we new we didn't have enough cars last year. I told him I'd be willing to donate some money toward a tent for this year if we needed too. Hopefully he'll be posting some info on Carlisle soon.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Iamfink2
Last year I spoke with Tony about the Chrysler Nationals for this year and he said he was planning on going back this year and maybe trying to get people to chip in for a tent since we new we didn't have enough cars last year. I told him I'd be willing to donate some money toward a tent for this year if we needed too. Hopefully he'll be posting some info on Carlisle soon.
Iamfink2
Any updates concerning the availability of a tent/canopy and the related cost? Any activity concerning this matter on the Facebook site, since I don't belong to that social media?
Regards,
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 03-16-2019, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by DTMenace
Iamfink2
Any updates concerning the availability of a tent/canopy and the related cost? Any activity concerning this matter on the Facebook site, since I don't belong to that social media?
Regards,
Dennis
DTMenace
I haven't seen anything on facebook or here so I'll send Tony a message. Being this late into March and nothings been posted he may have changed his mind about it this year.

Old 03-16-2019, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Iamfink2
I haven't seen anything on facebook or here so I'll send Tony a message. Being this late into March and nothings been posted he may have changed his mind about it this year.
Iamfink2
In previous years, the Carlisle thread was initiated in December when Carlisle Events opened the registration for all of the shows. That's when I usually registered for the show on a yearly basis. The attendance has been waning over the past few years. It's been a fifteen year run for the Crossfire owners.
Regards....
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 03-16-2019, 03:20 PM

I sent a message to Tony (Acrispy1) and he replied that he and Carmella are expecting another grandchild about the time of the Chrysler Nationals so he and Carmella won't be making it this year but plans on being there in 2020. So pretty much if anyone plans on going your accommodations will have to be made on your own. My wife and I will be going but not sure if we will be spending the night since we live within 1hours and 50 minutes of Carlisle. Hopefully more people will want to go, if so I'll see you there.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:02 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts

I have duplicated this thread so it will appear in both the "Car Shows" section and the "Crossfire Meets" section here
Seems that "Carlisle" wont be the same without CICCI anymore

Last edited by Valk; 03-16-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:52 PM

Today I went ahead and made my reservations at the Hampton Inn Harrisburg West in Mechanicsburg, PA for Friday and Saturday nights. A little pricey without the CICCI group rate but what the hell. I also got my registration for my show field pass so I hope we'll still have a few Crossfire owners show up at the Chrysler Nationals. For anyone interested the number for the hotel is (717) 691-1300 and the website for registration for the show field is https://carlisleevents.com/events/ev...sler+nationals

Old 03-21-2019, 08:45 AM
Forum Regular

I am registered for the show! See you guys there!

JR

Old 03-27-2019, 03:18 PM

To All
I called Carlisle Events and left a message last week for Ed: 717.243.7855 ext.131, but did not receive a return call. Today, I sent an email to Ed's attention as a follow up to my phone message concerning the Tent/Canopy availability for 2019 for the Crossfire owners. As soon as Ed responds, I will forward his response to this thread, as to whether a Tent/Canopy will be furnished or the cost that could be incurred by the Crossfire members for the Tent/Canopy attending the July 2019 Chrysler National Event in July 2019.

I also requested to know the number of Crossfire member that registered to date, explaining tracking is somewhat difficult since the closure of the CICCI Club.

Regards,

Dennis
DTMenace

Last edited by DTMenace; 06-05-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:25 PM

Guys
As promised I sent an email to Ed (Events Manager) concerning the tent scenario for 2019 and listed below is his response to my initial email and my response to his email that contained a few errors in the number of attendees over the years at Carlisle.
I know the emails are long, but please read them thoroughly for clarification for this year. The Tent application was sent to Ray Hacker, I would touch base with him concerning this matter or go directly to Ed at Carlisle Events.
Regards,
Dennis
DTMenace

Hi Dennis,
I’m really sorry to hear about the club disbanding. I was wondering what had happened. I don’t think I received a reply last year for the tent but I went ahead and made sure CICCI had one because you guys have always attended and supported the show. At least now I know what’s going on.

Unfortunately, you don’t qualify for the free tent. In 2018 CICCI only had 9 cars registered. It takes 25 cars to get a free tent. Just so you know, in addition to taking care of the tent last year, I’ve actually been giving you guys the tent for free every year even though you haven’t truly qualified for the free tent since 2013. Just so you can see them, here are your numbers for the last several years:

2018: 9
2017: 22
2016: 24
2015: 24
2014: 22
2013: 37
Since you were always very close to the 25-car minimum, I just went ahead and gave you the tent for free. Not only were you guys very close to hitting the number, you were doing it with a car that’s been out of production for over 10 years. That’s pretty impressive and I wanted to reward you guys for your efforts.
However, with your number dropping to 9 cars last year, you would have to pay to rent a tent this year. I did send the Tent Form to Ray Hacker but I am attaching it to this email so you have it. The cost to rent a tent is $180 for the weekend. Just so you know, there are currently 3 cars registered under CICCI.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks Dennis!!

Ed

Ed Buczeskie| Event Manager

Email: edb@carlisleevents.com
Office: 717-243-7855 x131
Fax: 717-243-0255
1000 Bryn Mawr Road, Carlisle PA 17013
CarlisleEvents.com | CarlisleAuctions.com
Event Schedule | Facebook|Twitter|YouTube | Event Photos

Ed
Thanks for responding to my initial email concerning the tent issue and the number of Crossfire owners that registered so far for the 2019 event.It appears there was a disconnect related to Crossfire owners and members of CICCI. There was a small number that belonged to CICCI, as an example I own a SRT6, but DID NOT belong to CICCI, but very active on the Crossfire Forum as the majority of Crossfire owners.

There has been two media locations that we used to advertise the annual Chrysler show at Carlisle, the Crossfire Forum.org and Crossfires on Facebook. The Forum and Facebook members were instructed to use CICCI as the club when registering for the annual show, but all Crossfire owners DID NOT belong to the CICCI Club. As a result, when registering for the show those non members were not counted in our numbers. As an example, the actual total of Crossfires that attended was 19, I was there and counted the number of actual cars.I will alert those registered and future owners that will attend through the Crossfire Forum.org. A special Thread has been established, as in the past, advertising the Chrysler event in July. I will alert those registered concerning the tent cost of $180 and refer them to you for the payment.Thank you,Dennis

Last edited by DTMenace; 03-28-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:43 PM

My nephew is getting married that weekend, so I’m out and not happy about it. See you next year.
Tom

Old 06-05-2019, 10:47 AM

Please respond ASAP to ED BUCZESKIE @ 717-243-7855 x131 at Carlisle Events if the group wants a tent before Friday, June 7th, SEE BELOW.

Hi Dennis
Just wanted to follow up with you because I haven’t received a Club Tent Form for CICCI yet this year. I have attached it again in case you need it. I need to lay out the Showfield next week so I really need to have the completed form with payment by the end of this week.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!!

Ed

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=...=att&disp=safe

Hi Ed
Thanks for checking back with me concerning the tent scenario. Just curious, do you have a current count of the Crossfires attending this year?

I've checked daily at the Crossfire forum.org for any responses to the current thread related to the July 2019 Chrysler National meet at Carlisle, and it had very little activity.

I posted our previous email communications concerning the availability of the tent and forwarded the cost, with NO response to my/our information.

I will post a FINAL request on the Crossfire Forum.org, for a response to those attending, if no response by Friday, June 7th, I would suggest no tent will be considered.

Regards,

Dennis

Last edited by DTMenace; 06-05-2019 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:49 PM
Forum Regular

Get the tent! I am willing to pitch in for it!

J.R.

Old 06-07-2019, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by jediracer
Get the tent! I am willing to pitch in for it!

J.R.
JR
I provided the latest info related to this year at Carlisle above ^^^^, Since I will not be attending this year, the responsibilities are with the people attending. You'll need to contact ED at Carlisle Events today, to make arrangements for the tent. You will need to pay the fee of $180 upfront and then collect from those that will be there. Ed's phone number is above.....
Good Luck....
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 06-17-2019, 06:59 PM

How many have booked for the show field under CICCI? Did anyone reserve a tent? Don't want to spend $65 if no one will be there, will just get a day pass
Dennis
2005 SRT6 Coupe Black

Last edited by Gonracn; 06-17-2019 at 07:01 PM. Reason: color added
Old 06-18-2019, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Gonracn
How many have booked for the show field under CICCI? Did anyone reserve a tent? Don't want to spend $65 if no one will be there, will just get a day pass
Dennis
2005 SRT6 Coupe Black
Dennis
Did you review all of the posts related to this thread? Even though I can't attend this year, I followed up with Ed @ Carlisle Events concerning the tent. The CICCI is NO longer on the list of clubs recognized by Carlisle Events, CICCI has been defunct for over a year. Based upon the responses, it looks like 2 owners are attending this year based upon the response to this thread.
You need to read all of the responses to this thread!
Dennis
DTMenace

Quick Reply: Chryslers at Carlisle July 12-14