Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Anyone know about this car (Melbourne Fl)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know about this car (Melbourne Fl)

I have been looking for a convertible w/ 6 speed for a while and came across this one at the link below. It has 40k and the dealer said the top has been replaced under warranty. The dealer has had it for a while (144 days according to cargurus) and is eager to get rid of it by the end of the month.

Any one know the story of this car?

Thinking of flying down from Cleveland and driving it back (1200miles) if the price and condition is right. I could use a vacation and this would do it.

Thanks.

2005 Chrysler Crossfire for sale in Melbourne - 1C3AN55LX5X053068 – Murphy Cadillac, Inc.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Anyone know about this car (Melbourne Fl)

There are some XF folks who live in that area may be able to drop by and give you a review. I wonder why the dealer would be holding onto the car for almost 5 months w/o being sold.

This is convertible country and if it"s in good shape, I would expect it to be on the road. I'm just sayin'... I would not fly down unless I had eyes on the car first.

Good luck in your search and remember to be patient!

You'll enjoy driving your new convertible out in Shaker Heights and farther out in the country..... There are some great roads out there! (Say hello to John Carroll Univ., if you pass by there)

Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Stargazer
There are some XF folks who live in that area may be able to drop by and give you a review. I wonder why the dealer would be holding onto the car for almost 5 months w/o being sold.

This is convertible country and if it"s in good shape, I would expect it to be on the road. I'm just sayin'... I would not fly down unless I had eyes on the car first.

Good luck in your search and remember to be patient!

You'll enjoy driving your new convertible out in Shaker Heights and farther out in the country..... There are some great roads out there! (Say hello to John Carroll Univ., if you pass by there)
My thoughts exactly. They're di*king me around so I said screw it. They've had it for 145 days (according to cargurus) and I got them down to around $11k and then the salesman today emailed me back saying, oh, we had detail repair some scratches and that's why it wasn't selling and the price is now $13900. I replied back, "So, you've had the car for 145 days and now that you have a perspective buyer you decide to fix the scratches and add 2K. I think I'll pass". Would have been a fun drive back.

I'm talking with a guy on the forum with a car in Atlantic city. Has some surface imperfections but my dad has a body shop so that's not too big of a deal. I know it had the fender fixed, not a big deal either.

I've been looking for a while (year and a halfish)...I've got a track day coming up and I don't want to take the new Focus out on the track.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Forum Regular

Ok..... So what are your priorities?
1. color
2. condition
3. $
a. What's the most you'll pay for a car?

Old 03-29-2012, 12:02 AM
Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts

if i remember there was a member on here that had that car for sale (no bites) so he posted he was going to trade it in,

Gator Chrysler Dodge Jeep | New Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership in Melbourne, FL 32901

Old 03-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Forum Regular

I live across the intercoastal from Melbourne. I've bought a car from Murphy before. They are an EXTREMELY small Cadillac dealer with hardly any inventory. If you are still interested, I'd be happy to go over and have a look.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:11 AM

Just saw this thread, so I'm sure you realize this is a "base" model. Non electric cloth seats, black trim (which may not be a bad thing), and what ever comes with a "base". 39K miles is not bad, if it has been maintained thru the mileage. It even comes with a bin instead of the infamous cup holder. Also, on a photo of the dash board there appears to be an idiot light on, other than the seat belt light. Not sure what that light is ..... And why no pics of the engine compartment? Car needs to be seen and driven before purchase .... just sayin

Old 03-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Forum Regular

I went by Murphy's today. Looks like someone bought it.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:45 AM

Thanks for the replies!

Yea, I just got the sense from the emails with the salesman that there was something going on with the car. Would have been a great drive back. I'm an engineer at NASA in Cleveland and would have loved to take another tour of Kennedy while down there...oh well.

I'm picking up a Black Limited roadster 6 speed from a forum member in New jersey next week. Has some surface scratches and a small dent, I know it had the fender repaired too, but that's OK. My dad has a body shop so that stuff is no big deal. Price was good.