Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster Limited

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 07:35 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster Limited

[size=325px]2005 Chrysler Crossfor 2dr Roadster Limited for sale!!!!!!!!!!Convertible and ManualThis car is in pristine condition with 14,000 orginal miles. The care has been garage kept in a controlled environment with heat and ac. The car has also been covered while in the garage. It also comes with custom lunge that was made to fit in the trunk with crossover logo and look alike wheels. [/size]

[size=325px]Please read below for all the general information before messaging me. Serious inquiries only as I dont have time for people who arent serious interested. ONLY 1 OWNER[/size]
V6 cylinder engineRear wheel drive700 amp maintenance free battery Tow hooks4 wheel independent touring suspensionFront 18"/19" rear aluminum wheels Power steering Locking fuel door Dual exhaust tips Will attach more info
Asking 17,500

The following users liked this post:
lovecross (09-25-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 10:09 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts
Default Re: 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster Limited

Even for an SRT, that would be a bit steep. Hope you get it.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow..beautiful car. Wow..what an uncalled for comment above...insults you as to your asking price then tries to apologise after that by "hoping" you get your asking price.....from a seasoned forum member..to a new forum member...unreal!....Beautiful car bro....welcome to the forum

The following 2 users liked this post by Fla_Xfire_SRT:
lovecross (09-25-2020), RedInterior (09-22-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 11:11 PM
Received 143 Likes on 111 Posts

[QUOTE=Fla_Xfire_SRT;948024]Wow..beautiful car. Wow..what an uncalled for comment above...insults you as to your asking price then tries to apologise after that by "hoping" you get your asking price.....from a seasoned forum member..to a new forum member...unreal!....Beautiful car bro....welcome to the forum

I don’t know if it’s so much about joining the forum as it is about selling the car

Both posts from the new member are to sell the car and both were specific ”serious inquires only”

But, thats how the forum works
someone posts
someone comments

Whenever there is a car posted for sale there is discussion.

what was said was not wrong
-It’s a high asking price even for an SRT, statement of fact
-Hope he gets it, I’m not sure what’s wrong with that.

There was nothing malicious or maligned

lovecross (09-25-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 07:12 AM

Thank you!!! You really are the only one so far that has been nice up here :-) This car is in amazing condition and someone who reads and see this car will know that. Thank you again!!

lovecross (09-25-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 07:14 AM

Thank you!!! You really are the only one so far that has been nice up here :-) This car is in amazing condition and someone who reads and see this car will know that. Thank you again!

Old 09-22-2020, 10:56 AM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Clearly there is a dwindling supply of low mileage pristine condition Crossfires. I think a discerning buyer would pay a premium over the market to get what they want. I see this car and I want it!

What is the market? I'm not a subject matter expert on that. I did a nationwide Crossfire search on cars.com sorting by highest price down. Of course, asking price there does not necessarily mean the seller will get it. There are 8 Crossfires listed between $15k to $20k. I was surprised to see three Special Edition Crossfires listed in that range. There were 7 SRT's under $15k.

Old 09-22-2020, 11:46 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

People seem to forget, the value of a dollar "ain't worth what it used to be". Kelly BluBk doesn't adjust for inflation which is why their numbers are bogus...who supplies their numbers? J.D. Power the world renowned auto mechanic and test driver? Not. I DO hope he gets his asking price.

lovecross (09-25-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 12:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very low mileage, garage kept in pristine condition cars like this deserve a strong selling price. I have a 2007 limited roadster as new with only 5800km and I wouldn’t let it go for less than that either. Once you have sold it, try and find another in that condition ... very rare. This is a very unique and good looking solid car and collectable.

The following 2 users liked this post by Rlbarnes:
Cobrasrt8 (09-26-2020), lovecross (09-25-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 05:24 PM

Perhaps it boils down to something as simple as this;

It’s only worth what someone else is prepared to pay.

You have to start somewhere
and if you start somewhere, best to start high
You can always go down from there but you can’t get more if you start too low

No one is questioning the quality or the low KM
It’s just that experience on this site and the general marketplace at large has shown the range where these cars have been falling into

As an example there’s an SRT 6 on cars.com, 9138 miles $25,967
This appears to be a fair price for what you’re getting but this car has been sitting at the dealer location, for sale, for a year+

You can ask whatever you want, it comes down to what someone is prepared to pay and how long you’re willing to wait

Old 09-22-2020, 06:01 PM

I appreciate those that respect the value of this car. I know what I have and I know the condition of it. For those that keep saying it isn't worth the price, then please keep the rude comments to yourself. I know what this car is worth and I know that I am keeping it at this price because of the condition and how well this car has been taken care of. But those that are more interested on what I have it listed for and arent even interested in purchasing the car, then why comment on it? Pictures don't do this car justice. There isn't a scratch on it! It has been covered in a garage with heat and ac. And only one owner and 14,000 orginal miles. That speaks volumes!

The following 2 users liked this post by hlbuck92:
Cobrasrt8 (09-26-2020), lovecross (09-25-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by hlbuck92
I appreciate those that respect the value of this car. I know what I have and I know the condition of it. For those that keep saying it isn't worth the price, then please keep the rude comments to yourself. I know what this car is worth and I know that I am keeping it at this price because of the condition and how well this car has been taken care of. But those that are more interested on what I have it listed for and arent even interested in purchasing the car, then why comment on it? Pictures don't do this car justice. There isn't a scratch on it! It has been covered in a garage with heat and ac. And only one owner and 14,000 orginal miles. That speaks volumes!

Wow
This must be the first time you’re selling a car, you really need to develop thicker skin
No one is calling out the quality for the car posted for sale and no one is being rude. I take offence to your claims otherwise

As I said before, it’s a crossfire forum, expect comments. With only 5 posts its easy to miss how the forum works. It’s a great group of people that always put themselves out there to assist other members. you do not appear to interested in contributing, you really want to sell the car and move on, end of story. There’s nothing wrong with that.

If comments put you off, are not required or you feel we’re being rude, you should strongly consider posting it for sale on a site where you won’t get any unsolicited feedback. With feed back you’ve already adjusted form 20,000 to 17,500. Gee is it because you want to sit on it forever or do you want to sell it.

Don’t worry everyone that finishes the race will receive a trophy. We wouldn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

if you think we’re tough don't ask 180 what he thinks

Sincerely, good luck on your sale (I’m sure me saying this will offend you, for that I apologize in advance)

lovecross (09-25-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 07:15 PM

Why comment if your not interested. Move on please. Thank you and have a great day

RedInterior (09-23-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 04:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 132 Likes on 104 Posts

If I felt I were truly selling a unicorn and wanted top dollar for it, then regardless of the make or model I would ALWAYS choose to sell it on https://bringatrailer.com/
People with true wealth monitor this site because they know cars "that no longer exist" are offered for sale here every day. The buyers on this site have money but not the hours it takes to scan the internet looking for a needle in a haystack. This car comes the closest to what you have and thus might be an indication of the sandbox you'd be playing in. Notice the photos of the undercarriage. It is unbelievably pristine.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...r-crossfire-4/

Here's another (NON-Crossfire) example of the cars this site seems to find, and in this case, what seems to me like an ALL TIME RECORD PRICE for this make and model. But again, look at what is for sale. I don't say this as hyperbole: I saw unsold Alfa Spiders on the dealer lot in late 1994 with more rust on them than this one! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...omeo-spider-4/ It's truly an unbelievable time capsule. I wish I were still in MY 1994 condition!

Last edited by WD40; 09-24-2020 at 02:05 AM. Reason: remove extra word
lovecross (09-25-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 06:49 PM
Received 382 Likes on 330 Posts

Most forum members ask for SIMPLE things like VIN, history, and owners who is selling the car how long THEY owned the car. Your post says nothing but FLUFF. Post the VIN, your history with the car, and the facts of the car, not FLUFF. Being indignant (being a new member) stinks of a dealer or a scammer. Put up or shut up. IF that offends you, so be it, sell your car somewhere else. NO, I do not want your car, thank you very little.

lovecross (09-25-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 10:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well said!