Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Need Help Deciding on Offer for 2005 Limited coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Need Help Deciding on Offer for 2005 Limited coupe

Looking at a 2005 limited coupe, 19,500 miles, metallic blue clear coat exterior, beautiful black and red leather interior, clear car fax, no accidents, always maintained, manual 6 speed.........Buyer wants $13k, Kelly blue book is $8k. I understand the value of the nice color combo, but not sure on the price at $13k.

What do you think is a fair offer? I was going to offer 11.5k and see what happens. I realize it's all based on the level of interest which sometimes relates to the premium package of color and condition. Buyer says he has an offer at 13.4k, but not sure if that's legit.

I love the color combo and I'm ready to pay cash and drive it home, but still sitting on the fence about the whole purchase. I would have to go from Mass to Ohio to pick it up.

What do you guys think? I'm sitting on the fence with a divorce (kidding) on one side, and a mid life crisis on the other. Everyone is telling me " you only live once".

Thanks in advance guys.

Attached Thumbnails Need Help Deciding on Offer for 2005 Limited coupe-img_1308.png  
Old 07-09-2017, 06:58 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Need Help Deciding on Offer for 2005 Limited coupe

I could be wrong, but I think you are looking at a repaint also ( the inside of the door should be the body color ), which would make me wonder is there was also some undisclosed body damage repair .......
I would let someone else have this 'bargain' at 13.4 K.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:49 AM

Thanks for the reply. I've been searching pictures on the web to confirm your suspicion about the darker color in the inside of the door and have seen both those with the same exterior color on the inside and some with a darker color that's not the same as the exterior so would appreciate any other comments on this.

Also any other input on my initial post would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I have a 2005 red roadster.
Unless Karmann decided to paint differently with different colors ( which I doubt ),
then all around the inside of the doors and the underhood paint should match the body color.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:27 AM

Here's a few more pictures he had sent me, showing some of the engine compartment. Not sure if the color is the same as exterior, but it appears to be?

Attached Thumbnails Need Help Deciding on Offer for 2005 Limited coupe-img_20140724_173442155_hdr.jpg   Need Help Deciding on Offer for 2005 Limited coupe-img_20140724_173445469.jpg   Need Help Deciding on Offer for 2005 Limited coupe-img_20140724_184949927.jpg   Need Help Deciding on Offer for 2005 Limited coupe-img_20140724_185006223.jpg  
Old 07-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CBISJN
Looking at a 2005 limited coupe, 19,500 miles, metallic blue clear coat exterior, beautiful black and red leather interior, clear car fax, no accidents, always maintained, manual 6 speed.........Buyer wants $13k, Kelly blue book is $8k. I understand the value of the nice color combo, but not sure on the price at $13k.

What do you think is a fair offer? I was going to offer 11.5k and see what happens. I realize it's all based on the level of interest which sometimes relates to the premium package of color and condition. Buyer says he has an offer at 13.4k, but not sure if that's legit.

I love the color combo and I'm ready to pay cash and drive it home, but still sitting on the fence about the whole purchase. I would have to go from Mass to Ohio to pick it up.

What do you guys think? I'm sitting on the fence with a divorce (kidding) on one side, and a mid life crisis on the other. Everyone is telling me " you only live once".

Thanks in advance guys.
As ala_xfire said, let the other guy have it for $13.4, in fact run don't walk, away from this.
I got my 2004 Coupe (red) two years ago for $8K with 35,205 miles on it. Had to go WAY DOWN to CT from MA to get it. Run don't walk >>>>>>

Old 07-09-2017, 10:59 AM

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far....I appreciate it.

I still don't know if the offer this guy has for $13,400 is legit, or if he is just saying that to get me to offer a higher price. He had it on eBay with a starting bid of 10k, which he did have one bidder on, but the reserve of 13k was not met.

I was going to offer him 11k, take it or leave it, but now with the question about the different color on the door I am more concerned than I was before. It begs the question, why would someone paint the entire car a different color if there was an accident or damage that required body work. Why wouldn't they just paint whatever damage there was with the same color?

The car check site he had listed on his eBay post came back clean but I suppose if there was an accident and it was fixed by someone he knew, who wouldn't report it, then it would slip through the car fax check? Now that the auction is over, that link is no longer available. I don't remember seeing the color on the report though.

When I did a VIN check online it showed all was good, but I don't remember the VIN giving the color of the car? I'm not going to pay for a car fax report if it doesn't show the color.

VIN - 1C3AN69LX5X029840

Appreciate the feedback.

My close friend Felix from Pittsburgh suggested I visit this site to ask these questions, he was right when he said you are all very helpful. He traded in his 04 Roadster back in 2013 for a different car but he remembered this site and suggested it.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:37 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far....I appreciate it.

I still don't know if the offer this guy has for $13,400 is legit, or if he is just saying that to get me to offer a higher price. He had it on eBay with a starting bid of 10k, which he did have one bidder on, but the reserve of 13k was not met.

I was going to offer him 11k, take it or leave it, but now with the question about the different color on the door I am more concerned than I was before. It begs the question, why would someone paint the entire car a different color if there was an accident or damage that required body work. Why wouldn't they just paint whatever damage there was with the same color?

The car check site he had listed on his eBay post came back clean but I suppose if there was an accident and it was fixed by someone he knew, who wouldn't report it, then it would slip through the car fax check? Now that the auction is over, that link is no longer available. I don't remember seeing the color on the report though.

When I did a VIN check online it showed all was good, but I don't remember the VIN giving the color of the car? I'm not going to pay for a car fax report if it doesn't show the color.

VIN - 1C3AN69LX5X029840

Appreciate the feedback.

My close friend Felix from Pittsburgh suggested I visit this site to ask these questions, he was right when he said you are all very helpful. He traded in his 04 Roadster back in 2013 for a different car but he remembered this site and suggested it.
You can get a good SRT6 for the money he is asking. Forget this car and move on. Plenty more fish in the ocean.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not a roadster, what's the point?

Old 07-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too much for a coupe. Move on.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Try both on. I could not fit a roadster comfortably but was able to mod my coupe for about 2" more legroom and resculpted the seat for more hip room.

Even early reviews said it was designed more for someone 5'7".

Could make a much better deal on my coupe. Central Florida (no rust) car. Fly down and take the AutoTrain back.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:47 PM

I live South of Columbus, OH. If it is close, I can go take a look at the car for you.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:17 PM

Cobray....Thats a very nice offer, much appreciated.

I contacted the seller this morning telling him I was going to pass on the Crossfire and he should sell it to the person who said they were offering $13,400 (supposedly). This was based on the feedback from everyone here at the Crossfire forum and the question of the different inside door color........I have not heard back from him as of yet to see what his response would be.

The gentlemen lives in Cambridge, Ohio, which looks to be about 1-1/2 hour East of Columbus.

I told him that if the $13,400 offer fell through and he was "desperate" to contact me again. I only did that to keep the door open on this if he ever decided to lower the price to $8-$10K, which I doubt he will.

I'll let everyone know what kind of response I get.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Old 07-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks in advance guys.
Hello there,
There is a 2005 on the site for sale in Florida. 56K + Red, like mine $8150 or best offer. Check it out.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:53 PM

Cobray....Thats a very nice offer, much appreciated.

I contacted the seller this morning telling him I was going to pass on the Crossfire and he should sell it to the person who said they were offering $13,400 (supposedly). This was based on the feedback from everyone here at the Crossfire forum and the question of the different inside door color........I have not heard back from him as of yet to see what his response would be.

The gentlemen lives in Cambridge, Ohio, which looks to be about 1-1/2 hour East of Columbus.

I told him that if the $13,400 offer fell through and he was "desperate" to contact me again. I only did that to keep the door open on this if he ever decided to lower the price to $8-$10K, which I doubt he will.

I'll let everyone know what kind of response I get.

Thanks again,

Jeff
Good luck Jeff. I am sure the right one with the right price is out there.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:20 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Was a fully modded srt in St Louis for 10k, don't remember the miles, looked well taken care of.