Commercial Sponsor Classifieds In order to post in this forum you must be a Commercial Sponsor. If you are not a commercial sponsor you will need to buy a sponsorship to create new threads in this section.

KPI Custom lighted door sills available now!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: KPI Custom lighted door sills available now!

Are you doing it again in OCT?

Old 03-27-2011, 10:15 AM

So is there an srt6 one that lights up white?

Old 03-27-2011, 11:10 AM

KPI can make just about anything you want, say anything, have any color light. Call them and tell them what you want!

Old 03-28-2011, 06:34 PM

Stephen, I'm going to be in Dallas area on May 6th,7 and 8. Will be attending "Running of the Crossfires" I would like to see if you can get my door sills working on Friday the 6th. I will try to be up there around 1-2pm if you guys will be available. If not I'll just try another time. Let me know.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Re: KPI Custom lighted door sills available now!

We should be here just call ahead.

Last edited by WindRestrictor; 07-17-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:18 AM

@ srt666-
Mine are the white. The LEDs appear to be hyper white. So they have a slight blue tint to them. Scroll down here for a pic of them at night.

Originally Posted by SilverWolf
Well, After a rather hectic work week... I've finally gotten a moment to sit down and comment on these.

Last week, I took my Crossfire down to KPI to have the sills installed. Last time I had been there, I had only seen the prototypes. The finished version did not disappoint at all! Stephen and Dave began setting them up right away. They came out great,But due to time constraints, I had to leave for work before they could complete the install.
Stephen really wanted to get them done for me asap, So he offered to come up to my house(over an hour away) to finish them up. I instead suggested that they could meet me at work later that evening if they preferred. Since the drive would be much shorter!
Shortly after arriving at work, Dave called me to let me know he was on his way. Once he arrived, Dave went right to work!
The outcome is beautiful and tasteful in my opinion. After living with them for just over a week now, I get tons of compliments and questions. In fact, An SL500 owner parked next to me the other day and when he saw the sills he just had to know where to get a set. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him the illuminate as well! I personally, Could not be happier!

So thank you very much to Stephen,Dave and the rest of their family! I couldn't be happier with the product itself nor the excellent service and attention to detail provided by everyone at KPI.

For those wondering..I went with the white lighting. It has just enough of a blue tint at night that it matches the SSB color very well. A few pics taken with my iphone below...

Old 04-01-2011, 01:18 PM

Those are awesome. Wonder if the could make a red box around the 6

Old 04-01-2011, 02:50 PM

KPI can make just about anything you want. A couple of post back is their e-mail address. You could also go back further and get a phone number,vask for Stephen or Rebekka. They can get you fixed up.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Former Vendor

Hey guys and gals yes there is some really cool things we can do to customize your door sills just write in at info or paul@windrestrictor.com

Last edited by WindRestrictor; 07-17-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by WindRestrictor
Hey guys and gals yes thre is some really cool things we can do to customize your door sills just write in at info or sales@windrestrictor.com

be happy to take good care of you!
sincerely,

Rebekkah Pennington
Hey rebekkah! Is there a number I could contact you guys at? And about how much does it cost for you guys to make custom door sills?

Old 04-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor

here is our brand new home site
www.kingpennindustries.com

Let us know if we can help!

Stephen

Last edited by WindRestrictor; 07-17-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor

new site. www.KingPennIndustries.com

Last edited by WindRestrictor; 07-17-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:31 AM

well, got my lighted sills in yesterday. I like them, just "Crossfire", in white. For installation orientation, the youtube vido is most helpful. took me about an hour because the ground is a brown with yellow stripe wire. unfortunately there are at least 3 of those in the harness, kept going back and forth with the two I found, then realizing there must be another in there somewhere. I'll assume that most harnesses are the same, so don't use the 2 most easily found, but the one buried deeper in the middle and on the red wire with gray stripe(power) side. It's more brown with a thin yellow stripe.

It's hard to get the sills back on tight as the clips are weird. Two will stay on the car, two will be on the sill when you pop it off. The overlay sticks down well, but there's some give and it's hard to get them snapped in tight. the overlay also is a bit loose, big, whatever, over the back carpeting side, so I may end up with putting some thin tape behind that to just firm it up a bit.

2 suggestions for later iterations. 1) make the lit area, and the lettering a bit bigger. It looks fine, just a little small and underwhelming in my opinion, but they are well lit. 2) make the front lip a bit longer so that there's a strip of polished dropped down a bit and covers the exposed body strip right below it. would look just a bit more finished and solid IMO.

other than that they are well made and I like them.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor

Thank you very much for your feedback! Would love to have some photos if you care to send any in to me at Stephen@windrestrictor.com

I messed around with an install a few weeks back and could not find the proper brown/yellow wire. If anyone ever experiences this please pop out the dome light and see the exact 2 wires that you need. For some reason they may have shot the wires down the other side of the car on a production run. Regardless you will see the wires coming off of the dome light and those are the 2 you need for sure. Here's a few photos of some custom FLAMES we did on door sills recently.

Write me if anyone has any questions on how to order or needs assistance! Have a good weekend everyone!

Stephen

Name:  IMG_5589.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  49.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5587jjfff.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  47.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5587.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  52.8 KB

Old 06-10-2011, 01:13 PM

My roadster is different than the coupe wiring. I had to go to the dome light and run a two cond cable down to the pass.side floor. It was much easier than hunting for wires you can't find.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:18 PM

I assume you were responding to my post above steve, in particular? I'll try and get some shots and send them to you. they do look nice, so please don't get me wrong.

The brown with the yellow stripe wires are a devil to get straight. That's why I posted that there is another one buried in the middle of the harness and with a bit of digging one can get that out. I did however become quite good at using the connectors on the wrong wire, reopening them, closing them on another wrong wire , reopening them etc etc. The correct one is brown with a thinner yellow stripe. the other two have thicker yellow stripes, so I called that one the baby garter snake, versus momma and papa garter snake.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by mdaniels4
I did however become quite good at using the connectors on the wrong wire, reopening them, closing them on another wrong wire , reopening them etc etc.
Are you talking about the blue tap-it connectors? If so, I hope you resealed the wire insulation when you removed the connector from the wrong wire. If not, could be trouble down the road. Those connectors would only be used on my car is they were the last ones on earth, and then I would hesitate.

James

Last edited by James1549; 06-10-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:51 PM

yep, those are the ones james. I hate them too. I did wrap the ones I didn't use in electrical tape afterwards. My favorite connectors are the posi-loc's but they are pricey, but almsot indestructible. Unfortunately, due to the cost, you can't seem to easily find them any longer

Old 06-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

I have found the best way to repair wire insulation is with "liquid electric tape". Also you can rub some silicone in the insulation as well to prevent corrosion in the cut down the road.

James

Old 07-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Former Vendor

James, I've never heard of that "liquid insulation", sounds like a good idea. I work alot with tapping in wires and i hate having to use those clamps also.

Quick Reply: KPI Custom lighted door sills available now!