Crossfire Awards and Trophies Post a photo of an award or trophy won with your Crossfire

Little Crossfire keeps up with the big boys!

Old 09-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Crossfire keeps up with the big boys!

Entered the SRT6 in two shows. The first one was on Aug. 25 and run by "Long Island Cars." They put me in with ALL the NEW Mustangs. Shelbys, Cobras, Roush and all GT's. Can't figure how they classed me, but they had three divisions in my class. They gave out three firsts, three seconds, three thirds and three fourths. I got fourth in the first division. Must have been over 75 new Mustangs, and me, in the judging. If I never see another Mustang, It will be to soon!
The last show, run by "Endless Summer Car Shows," was this weekend, Sept. 15. It was a Show and Shine event. I was put in the "2005 to present stock class." You are not judged against other cars in your class, but you start with 100 points and three judges deduct points for different things. I got 3rd in that show. First place was taken by a 2013 Hotwheels edition drop top SS Camaro, that just rolled out of the showroom. Second was taken by another 2013 Hard top SS Camaro. Both cars had less than 2K on the clock.
Good to know that a eight year old Crossfire with 24K miles, can hold its own with the big boys.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
new 001.jpg (3.02 MB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg
new 003.jpg (3.10 MB, 78 views)
Old 09-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Little Crossfire keeps up with the big boys!

nice, congrats. keep that baby nice and clean

Old 09-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Yea, last year I beat out a 2012 Roush Stage 3 Mustang that was parked next to me, he actually protested to the judges !
He told them "That Crossfire is OLD junk, I have a $60,000 Mustang"
They replied "Could be, but that junk is prettier and better detailed than yours, and has attracted more attention"

The following users liked this post:
loudrango (08-21-2021)
Old 09-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks! Both judges commented on how clean it was for its age and mileage. Still hard to compete with $80k to $100k NEW cars.

Last edited by vinnys; 09-18-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's ridiculous the amount of late model Mustangs that you see at shows followed by Camaro s and Challengers. There is nothing better than besting someone who thinks they should win because their car cost this much or has x amount of modifications.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vinnys
Thanks! Both judges commented on how clean it was for its ag
PHP Code:

and mileageStill hard to compete with $80k to $100k NEW cars
PHP Code:

I run into that a lot also
A good judge will reward the amount of 
effort
whether it's too maintain a nice original, or it's the mods, or just 
fanatical detailing
I have entered 13 shows this year and won 4 1st places and 
2 secondsso I feel pretty good about thatdo try to make sure that I'm 
placed in the right class And yes, there is entirely too many '
stangs  ''maros and 'vettes 

Old 09-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
I run into that a lot also. A good judge will reward the amount of
effort, whether it's too maintain a nice original, or it's the mods, or just
fanatical detailing. I have entered 13 shows this year and won 4 1st places and
2 seconds, so I feel pretty good about that. I do try to make sure that I'm
placed in the right class And yes, there is entirely too many 'stangs ''maros and 'vettes
[/PHP]
How did this post appear like this.
Not like the above, but the original post.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Yea, last year I beat out a 2012 Roush Stage 3 Mustang that was parked next to me, he actually protested to the judges !
They replied "Could be, but that junk is prettier and better detailed than yours, and has attracted more attention"
Nice! We Crossfires seem to have trouble at times when we are grouped with the stangs and slomaros. Our Colorado Crossfire Club members did pretty well this summer at car shows for a change.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Forum Regular

Took a beating this weekend. Three 2013 cars took the awards. One Hot Wheels Camaro and two Challengers. Both brand spankin new. Don't get me wrong, these are real nice cars. Just can't figure how they compare to an eight year old CF. Cars in my class this time were Two '13 camaros, Five '13 Challengers, One '13 Porshe Carrera 4S ($120K) and me. Lots of good feedback from the people, just couldn't sway the judges.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I was a judge in my wife's first show.. LOL. But her "class" was 2000 to 2009 Stock.. She did get an honest vote for second from me.. being "partial" I didn't feel right about giving her a 1st place..

The other judges were part of our "motorcycle group" that are involved with all the car shows and toy runs etc. in this area.. I think they swayed away just on the principle.. because all of them were gathered around it Friday night admiring it at the Braums!

Old 09-23-2013, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by itsky
stangs and slomaros.

HAhahaha.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I was a judge in my wife's first show.. LOL. But her "class" was 2000 to 2009 Stock.. She did get an honest vote for second from me.. being "partial" I didn't feel right about giving her a 1st place..

The other judges were part of our "motorcycle group" that are involved with all the car shows and toy runs etc. in this area.. I think they swayed away just on the principle.. because all of them were gathered around it Friday night admiring it at the Braums!
I think I would like that class better. I'm in the 2005 to present stock class. At least I would be in with "used" cars.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
How did this post appear like this.
Not like the above, but the original post.
Not sure how that happened. I had to stop in mid post to do urgent business, when I came back, had to sign in again, when I posted it didn't look like that, when it showed on forum, that's how it looked. So ?????? who knows.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by vinnys
Took a beating this weekend. Three 2013 cars took the awards. One Hot Wheels Camaro and two Challengers. Both brand spankin new. Don't get me wrong, these are real nice cars. Just can't figure how they compare to an eight year old CF. Cars in my class this time were Two '13 camaros, Five '13 Challengers, One '13 Porshe Carrera 4S ($120K) and me. Lots of good feedback from the people, just couldn't sway the judges.
I try to make sure that there is a class for me. Don't let them put you in the same class as those, I get myself in the Import class or sports car class if they have one, some times it may have to be Special interest. Another thing to look for is the type of judging, participant judged is some times a good thing but no matter, you're not going to win at every show. Saying that, my Crossfire gets more attention than anything else at most of the shows, so I feel good about that regardless of how I finish.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Forum Regular

Well it happened again. Took third this weekend. Was in a class with six new Challengers and two new Camaros. Judges commented on how rare the car is and how clean it was. If that was the case, why did it take third in a class with all brand new cars? So far it has three firsts, eight seconds, three thirds and a fourth. I have never been in a class with anything older than a 2012. I hope next year they will change the classes so the old C/F will stand a better chance.

Last edited by vinnys; 09-23-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems that most of the shows in this area have done away with classes. Most have Top 40 or Top 50 and with a little luck they will throw in a Top 10 late model. Last Saturday I went to one and all they had was Top 10 and 4 special awards, nothing newer than '75 won anything. All three of my cars have won an award this year which is the first time I won with three different vehicles in one year so I am pretty stoked about that. I have only been to five shows this year, anymore I prefer non competitive Coffee and Cars or Cruise-ins. There is a show this coming Saturday that has Top 75 that I may attend but, I am sure there will probably be 100 new Mustang's, Camaro's and Challenger's at that one.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
I like guys like that. I usually just look at them and say, well, lets go see who's faster sonny......

Nice job Vinny........ that says a lot at a show like that.

Last edited by oledoc2u; 09-23-2014 at 05:41 PM.