Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Mercedes Benz Honors Xf Warranty...

Old 04-20-2006, 06:37 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mercedes Benz Honors Xf Warranty...

mercedes Benz Honors Xf Warranty... Is This Possible???

Has Anyone Tried, Asked, Have Knowledge On This???

I Am Starting My Research On This Today. I Was Told (owner Of The Largest Tow Company On The East Coast) That Its Possible!

Who Knows The Crossfire (mechanicals) Best??? Not Chrysler Nor Their Technicians (when They Are Not Home Sick).

M E R C E D E S B E N Z!!!

Old 04-20-2006, 07:18 AM
PJA
Default Re: Mercedes Benz Honors Xf Warranty...

If this pans out, it would be a 500 foot home run. Keep after it.

Pete

Old 04-20-2006, 09:23 AM

Yes, PLEASE.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Forum Regular

yeah a 500 footer with bases loaded!!!

well, i have 2 mercedes dealerships working on it... whiteplains and in Greenwich conn.

lets see what happens...

btw... in the XF one tends to feel like a king (or queen)... try pulling into a MB dealership... drive up to service and you will have service managers, service techs, valet drivers and customers (lots of them) gawk over the XF!!!

ironic!!!

typical questions like what is it/how much? blah blah blah...

if i do not get word by this afternoon ...when i get back... i will call DCHQ...

Old 04-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I brought my XFIREX to have my H&R Cup Kit done, the tech offered to reset the FSS to me for FREE since the Chrysler tech don't know how to reset it!

Old 04-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Re: Mercedes Benz Honors Xf Warranty...

Hi,

I asked our dealer, and they told us they would not work on our Crossfire! Darn it!

Old 04-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Re: Mercedes Benz Honors Xf Warranty...

Hello everyone,

I have been to 3 different chrysler dealers...none of the techs no what they are doing!... as a matter of fact...they are dangerous! They don't fix anything...they usually make it worse. I am frustrated...but love my crossfire.

I have also gone to 3 mercedes dealers in my area...2 in PA ...one in NJ. They all said they can not work on a crossfire. I asked them what about if I buy an extended warrenty through your dealership and have it serviced thru you. They all still said ...sorry...but no.

Another question...does anyone have a PDF of the maintenance manual for a 2005 roadster. I have the '04 coupe manual that was posted...but it does not cover alot of things.

Thanks

Old 04-25-2006, 05:28 PM

I'm not surprised that Mercedes dealers won't work on a Crossfire. When I used to own an Acura, I was told by Honda dealers that they would not work on it. Eventually they did though - maybe once the car got old enough, the secret mandate from corporate expired.

Has anyone tried a independent mechanic who specializes in Mercedes?

Old 04-26-2006, 05:44 AM

I don't see why any dealer wouldn't work on it if you are willing to pay. I owned a Saturn once and out of warrenty and a Chevy garage would work on it. What about independent shops? What are we going to do when the warrenty runs out, we could buy extended. I think there is shops out there that will work on MB and XF's.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Forum Regular

NAP...

they do and they can work on the XF, however at this point MB does not honor XF warranty...

its just getting them to eventually comply...

j

Old 04-27-2006, 05:49 AM

xFire1, I realized after the post, but I think that when I have to pay I will go to an MB dealer, it is closer to my home. I do not have (so far) any problems with my Chrysler dealer. I have had it there 2 times for warrenty and had no issues and actually have never had to leave it they always fixed it in 1 or 2 hours. One was a missing piece of molding and the other was the Transmission o-ring leak (this one is in a TSB, I think it should have been a recall as well).

Old 04-27-2006, 07:56 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Napasanaoma
xFire1, I realized after the post, but I think that when I have to pay I will go to an MB dealer, it is closer to my home. I do not have (so far) any problems with my Chrysler dealer. I have had it there 2 times for warrenty and had no issues and actually have never had to leave it they always fixed it in 1 or 2 hours. One was a missing piece of molding and the other was the Transmission o-ring leak (this one is in a TSB, I think it should have been a recall as well).
Hey NAP... Me as well, any issue that is beyond the warranty grasp, i will certainly go to MB... 2 of the 3 dealers within my area doesn’t have a XF tech with more than! YEAR! experience with the XF!

For the simpler things, like you mentioned, CHRYSLER is ok. 1-2 hour wait as well... here.

j

Old 05-05-2006, 09:16 PM

i hope that the benz dealer here in orlando will be as compliant. cuz the chrysler dealers here have been an absolute nightmare.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:15 AM

Mercedes Benz of Annapolis (MD) does honor XF Warranties with a disclaimer. "We will honor any warranty involving Mercedes craftsmanship as long as NO One other than a Mercedes Tech touches the car". HMMM. Goes to figure, since every "part" I order from Chrysler is shipped by Mercedes Benz. It took me a while but now all my questions/concerns go through Mercedes Benz of Annapolis first. Stand figure, AMG built the SRT6, so AMG has the answers.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:53 AM

After just sort of 7 months in the shop (looooong story), they say my XF is finally fixed. As a condition of acceptance, I asked that they take it to the local MB dealer (Walters, Riverside, CA) to be checked out. The MB dealer wouldn't look at it. So it went back to one of the totally incompetent Chrysler dealers for a check up...which they say it passes. So it looks like I get my car back this afternoon. There's really only one problem with a Chrysler Crossfire...CHRYSLER!!