Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Desperate Crossfire Problem

Old 04-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desperate Crossfire Problem

My automatic limited 2004 crossfire has been back to the dealer 7, yes 7 times for the same problem. The car just stalls while driving. I bring it in and they think they find the problem and a week later it does the same thing. No one seems to know how to fix it. I've called and threatened chrysler with no luck. The car is unsafe and under warranty although the lemon law miles have surpassed. Chrysler says they aren't empowered to offer a replacement. I have no idea what else to do. I've filled out a complaint with consumer affairs, but doesn't seem like they care to do anything either. I love my crossfire and would just want the same exact car. With the value of the crossfire so low now it doesn't make sense for me to trade it in either. Any ideas?

Brian
Red limited

Old 04-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Desperate Crossfire Problem

Is the car out of warranty? Does your state have a ??? days lemon law?

Old 04-20-2006, 07:19 PM

I feel your pain! Tomorrow will be the six month anniversary of my Crossfire being in the shop for repairs. I've been through three different dealers, including the one I bought from which my family owns! USELESS....every one of them...especially my cousins'. They collect your money and they're done with you. Do yourself a favor and forget trying to get Chrysler to do anything, just get an attorney and go to court. I finally found a parts manager at a Dodge dealer that has taken enough interest to contact an engineer from Germany to get some help. Now, providing that the language translations are correct, I should have my car back next week. I love my car...but if I had it to do over again...I'd get the real-deal MB... even though the body isn't nearly as cool. The Chrysler dealers are just not up to task on these cars, making the biggest problem with a Crossfire the name on the hood! I would bet that if it said "MB" on the hood of the same car, they wouldn't be selling for half of MSRP!

Old 04-20-2006, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Hattrick78
The Chrysler dealers are just not up to task on these cars, making the biggest problem with a Crossfire the name on the hood! I would bet that if it said "MB" on the hood of the same car, they wouldn't be selling for half of MSRP!
I'll second that.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:20 PM

While the car's at the dealer being "fixed" i went ahead and went to mercedes and test drove the slk tonight. I drove the 280 which i wasn't too impressed with performance wise. Felt pretty much just like the crossfire. I think if i got one i'd get the 350. Really nice car i just hate to see my payments go up $300 when the crossfire was so nice to begin with. F Chrysler.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:38 PM

Have you taken the car to a MB dealer for service?
With an issue like this, warranty or not, Chrysler shops do not have the expertise.
How many miles on the car?

Last edited by Paul V; 04-20-2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:41 PM

I & quot; lurk & quot; on an MB site and I believe you may find the answer there. Try, http://www.benzworld.org/forums/default.asp Scroll down to the R170 model and do a search for a similar problem. Hope this helps.