Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Damage

Old 05-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damage

Well you can't own nice things in this world without people being jealous and having to f**k them up.
Example... I was downtown Seattle last night and some decided my car was too nice and needed to be "fixed" by smashing a bottle on my windshield. I have been down in that neighborhood several times and never had a problem. Wrong place at the wrong time.

I was furious when I first saw the damage. I am considerable calmer now. The good news is it's just a windshield and there is no body damage. A few inches lower and my hood would be screwed. At least it wasn't through a side window onto my interior. Especially with the rain.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:55 AM
Default Re: Damage

I fell your pain, Sad state of affairs in this world when you can't enjoy something you've worked for, only to have some jerk get jealous and screw up your program... I do believe that what goes around comes around and you may not get to see it, but, he WILL get his someday and when he does... the first thing he's going to remember is that time he broke a bottle of beer on some guys sports car. Get the glass fixed and enjoy your XF. and wait until you here the scream of another victim... it just might be him. LOL

Old 05-09-2006, 03:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouchhh! Sorry about the windshield damage...your interior still looks great!

Old 05-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I'm feelin it. I'm sorry, I have had that happen and I know what it's like. You have been violated and can't do anything about it. Why can't people keep their hands off stuff that isn't theirs? The good news is it will be OK. Good looking car!!!

Old 05-09-2006, 08:48 AM

That's just wrong on so many levels. May the person get his 10X...Hang in there and remember to live well is the best revenge...the guy who did it probably drives a Yugo...

Old 05-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks painful. ... But you're right, it could have been worse. Do you think it was intentional? If so, I would hunt the little turd down and "make him pay". If not, I would hunt the little turd down and bill him.
It's sad that people have no respect or consideration but accidents do happen. Baseball season. No one's safe.
Good hunting!

Old 05-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Forum Regular

That sucks big time Brother, I'm all about getting even with people who do me wrong, I never forget and just because I act like it is over and 20 years have gone by, it is not forgotten, I keep it in the back of my mind, and at the right time I screw them. If you know the area and know people in that area, just keep your ears open, it'll get back to you. Don't mean nothing if it's 10 years from now, all that counts is you make it right, it'll come back to you Brother, and when it does you'll know what to do... hooah

Old 05-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Re: Damage

Originally Posted by Fritzauf
Looks painful. ... But you're right, it could have been worse. Do you think it was intentional? If so, I would hunt the little turd down and "make him pay". If not, I would hunt the little turd down and bill him.
It's sad that people have no respect or consideration but accidents do happen. Baseball season. No one's safe.
Good hunting!
I agree, I would hunt him down and have a baseball bat handy...so that I can facilitate braking every bone in the hand that he used to throw the bottle. After that I would take his wallet and extract what I like to call my version of Einstein's Theory of Relativity as it relates to justice..."For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction".

Old 05-10-2006, 06:26 PM

I feel a bit better after venting... Until I drive to work and see the cracks. Some random jerkoff that will get what he brings upon himself.

This will not prevent me from driving my car. I will not have second thoughts about driving. I will be more cautious but that is about it.

Life goes on.

-Erick

Old 05-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Forum Regular

That's harsh!! I have the same concern of vandalism, as you are right, there are people who cannot accept someone else's good fortune. Venting helps, and a problem shared is a problem halved, but I still get nervous when too many people start crowding around my ride. I already received a fender scratch (minor) apparently from someone's large belt-buckle.