Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Sat Nav

Old 06-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sat Nav

Anyone have the chrysler sat nav? Is it any good?
Anyone have any pics of it in a 6 speed manual?

Thanks!

Old 06-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Sat Nav

Have it, never used it. The radio appears the same as the regular radio. I believe you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the 2 if they were off. Only got it because I was told the radio was a slightly better radio in the Nav unit as well.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:16 AM

If your used to the bells and whistles of the oem, ie chrysler sat/nav versions, you will be disappointed at the presentation of the crossfire version. The display relies on arrows and voice commands and does not have a map display. However if you just interested in getting from point a to point b, it works and I have used it with satisfactory results.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by leeroy
Anyone have the chrysler sat nav? Is it any good?
Anyone have any pics of it in a 6 speed manual?

Thanks!
I have it and I like it. I've had others such as the Acura unit and except for the visuals it's as good. I don't have any pics though.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:59 PM

Thanks guys. I have a PDA with TT loaded so not overly interested, just wondered how it fits in to the dash as a xf I am looking to buy has it already installed.

I am assuming then that the unit folds out from the stereo head unit?

If any one can show me a pic I would very much appreciate the effort.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone seen the new Becker Mexico head unit yet? It might look pretty neat in a Crossfire! Take a look here.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leeroy
Has anyone seen the new Becker Mexico head unit yet? It might look pretty neat in a Crossfire! Take a look here.
As buggy4 says the nav unit looks exactly like the standard Infinity/Becker unit. The display is just a rudimentary arrow on the LCD. There is no fold-out colour display.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ditto the appearance of the standard unit. There is a NAV button. Works with a CD. In North America it comes with two discs. One for the East the other for the West.

My job requires me to travel a lot and I use Hertz rental cars. I always get "NeverLost" (sometimes referred to as EverLost).

The Xfire unit is simple with no maps, just rudimentary arrows and directions on the small radio screen, however it has VERY good voice direction instructions. Actually I prefer them to trying to look at a small map when driving (keep the eyes on the road). The sensitivity is excellent, it seems to detect a wrong turn within 50-100 feet and gives corrected directions almost immediately. Compare this to "NeverLost" which can wait for as long as a half mile or more off course to announce "recalculating".

The built-in unit is also very good at giving multiple instructions if they require many consecutive turns in a short distance. A great feature is pressing the Volume button and having a status command voiced to you along with eta to destination.

If the car has it, use it!

Old 06-09-2006, 11:05 PM

I have it and i've used it and it works. It also has an integrated digital compass, different settings for the display where you can darken the back and lighten the letters or vice versa, also has a mini two function trip computer where it tells you total distance driven and i think either avg. mph or something else. Also it has a feature that it'll tell you the exact roads you are at or driving through or on.

However it is kind of archaic in presentation because your only visuals are arrows and a voice but it gets the job done in the space DC had to do it without having to rearrange all the row of buttons in putting in a larger unit with a large display. I think it works great for the compact design it has and also the only flaw is that after not in use for about two weeks mine automatically resets requiring you to reinsert the NAV CD-ROm and reloading it again.

Also the stereo has other settings not available on the standard unit as well as an estimated time of arrival audible feature.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Forum Regular

Why do you ask?

Old 06-10-2006, 07:23 AM

Looking to buy an xf and the one for sale has sat nav, just didn't know what it looked like.
Wish me luck!

Old 06-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Forum Regular

Good luck. Make sure you have the Nav disc's with it.