Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Dealership service improvement

Old 06-10-2006, 01:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dealership service improvement

After I gave my dealership a zero in the DC survey, I have been doing all the maintenance myself. But today, I need to bring my XFIREX for the clicking noise in the steering wheel and for resetting the FSS.

As usual I have the same service advisor that came to assist me. I told him why I'm there and gave him a sticky note about the possible cause of the clickin in the steering wheel (which I got the info from this forum anyway). I was right about it according to the mechanic when I talked to him.

I waited outside the bench since the waiting lounge door was still close and have a nice chat with another customer who asked me "You should be lawyer or a doctor to afford a $50,000 car like that". That sparked our conversation and I told him how much I love the car and so on...

To my surprise, the service advisor came back to me and told me this " Since you bought that kind of car, we are glad to offer you a free loaner instead of riding in our shuttle to take you home ". I was shocked...I said to myself " wow, what happened here?" The last time I brought my car to this dealership for the illuminated door sill installation, they kept my car overnight and didn't give me a loaner car nor called me that they are keeping my XFIREX. And now I'm just here for a warranty service and they're giving me a loaner? Hey, that's first class service like what I've experienced when I brought my car to the Mercedes dealership for the H&R cup kit install which took 3 days anyway for $1,000!

I took a Dodge Caliber (which I'm interested in test driving) and back at work, the dealership called me again telling me what they are going to do and some recommendations like alignment and changing the front tires due to the uneven wear from the negative camber. I agreed with him and told them I need an alignment. I did it as a complimentary gesture for their excellent service now though I'm already aware that my car is due for alignment anyway and was planning of bringing it to Mercedes.

It took them 4 hours to call me back again informing me that my crossfire is ready.

I was impressed by the sudden improvement and I'm very happy that DC now realized how bad their customer service is.

We are the first generation of chrysler sportscar customers and if we are happy of what we are getting from DC, we will be the first ones also to buy their next sportscar.

Last edited by Cyril Baldwin; 06-10-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dealership service improvement

Cyril:

Which dealer was this? Huffine's? The one out here by the Galaxy theatre is really close to me but I don't mind a drive. I don't like to turn my car over to hacks. I had such a bad experience some years ago with my Dodge pickup. They even dented the fender.

By the by, you do realize that the loaner is part of the deal. If the car is in the shop for warranty work, disabled and I understand regular maintenance you are entitled to a loan car.

DC has a really whacked way of treating their customers. Their so called Roadside Assistance... Well, I don't have to start that thread again. It's just beating a dead horse.

The good news is you had a positive experience. Again, let the Dallas folks know which dealer did your service.