Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire Invasion?

Old 06-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Crossfire Invasion?

What's going on with all the Crossfires? I used to think I had a pretty rare car, but I've seen 9 different XF's in as many days. Not that it's a bad thing, good looking cars are always a welcome sight. But that's more Crossfires than I've seen in the last 6 months here in the Cleveland/Akron area.
The nice weather must really be bringing them out. That, and the dealers offering "Fire Sale" prices on them.
As always, I wave at everyone I see, have yet to get any response back. Usually just a blank look as if to say, "Who in the heck are you?"
What a close knit group, we Crossfire owners are. At least we got a fantastic web site!

Old 06-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Invasion?

Originally Posted by +fireamx
What's going on with all the Crossfires? I used to think I had a pretty rare car, but I've seen 9 different XF's in as many days. Not that it's a bad thing, good looking cars are always a welcome sight. But that's more Crossfires than I've seen in the last 6 months here in the Cleveland/Akron area.
The nice weather must really be bringing them out. That, and the dealers offering "Fire Sale" prices on them.
As always, I wave at everyone I see, have yet to get any response back. Usually just a blank look as if to say, "Who in the heck are you?"
What a close knit group, we Crossfire owners are. At least we got a fantastic web site!
It is rare for me to see another XF, but yesterday, I saw a Graphic Grey. The guy gave me a thumbs up...I was delighted.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:50 PM

I've been seeing a lot of XFs lately too. I think its cuz there are two dealerships in the area and they are really marking them down. I've seen as many as three in one day. I usually catch at least a few a week, and I know there are a few people in the area that own one. It's almost disappointing because I bought it because it was so rare. Oh well, maybe now I'll have some people to drive around with.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

------------------------------------

Last edited by smokey847; 06-19-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:32 PM

I was down in Tucson about a week ago and in Green valley a retirement community near there, I saw about 5 Crossfires. Most I've seen at any one time. The retirees must know a good deal...

Old 06-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Forum Regular

I saw more Crossfires on Sunday (beautiful day to be out in a Roadster) than I've seen in any month before. In fact, I've only seen 3 other Crossfires around my area. I'm certain there are more, but I've seen a Graphite Coupe, a Sapphire Silver Blue Coupe, and an Aero Blue Roadster.

Of course to see the 10 other Crossfires on Sunday I had to drive 4 hours north into Michigan. I'm still looking for a piece of video from Fuzz 40 showing how great a Crossfire looks up close and personal.

On the other hand...I welcome any Crossfire invasion. I'm generally a very generous person, and I wish more people were enjoying the thrill I get every time I fire up my baby. Whhoooaaa!!!

On a breaking the law note...I pressed her up to 100 MPH on my drive home. Sweet and smooth. I know others have gotten well over 100...but I'm willing to wait for a track run to get her higher. My wife didn't even notice. She said she knew I'd hit the accelerator...but the ride was so smooth she hadn't a clue I was driving 35 over. Ji ji ji.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:32 AM

I guess I am part of the invasion, just got our Crossfire 2 weeks ago. '05 black base, Always liked them and then seriously started looking and test drove one, That was it feel in love with it. Any way just wanted to say hello and am looking forward to waving at some of you on the road.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by markr6754
I saw more Crossfires on Sunday (beautiful day to be out in a Roadster) than I've seen in any month before. In fact, I've only seen 3 other Crossfires around my area. I'm certain there are more, but I've seen a Graphite Coupe, a Sapphire Silver Blue Coupe, and an Aero Blue Roadster.

Of course to see the 10 other Crossfires on Sunday I had to drive 4 hours north into Michigan. I'm still looking for a piece of video from Fuzz 40 showing how great a Crossfire looks up close and personal.

On the other hand...I welcome any Crossfire invasion. I'm generally a very generous person, and I wish more people were enjoying the thrill I get every time I fire up my baby. Whhoooaaa!!!

On a breaking the law note...I pressed her up to 100 MPH on my drive home. Sweet and smooth. I know others have gotten well over 100...but I'm willing to wait for a track run to get her higher. My wife didn't even notice. She said she knew I'd hit the accelerator...but the ride was so smooth she hadn't a clue I was driving 35 over. Ji ji ji.
Nice job sneaking in a 100 mph run there, you got to have your fun once in awhile.

I am working on the video, I hope to have it done sometime this weekend hopefully but it seems like this weekend is filling up with stuff to do as well.

As far as seeing XF, I see them all the time now. It is rare to see a person that waves back to me when I wave to them.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Forum Regular

Funny, I've seen about 5 different Crossfires in the last two weeks here (Cleveland, OH area) and they zoom by so fast I have little time to wave. Maybe because I slow down to let them "catch up" and everyone wants to race...?? I've also got tinted windows so maybe they can't see me. If you're out there... wave!

Old 06-07-2006, 12:59 PM

Funny you mention everyone wanting to race, I've restored a few muscle cars for cruizin, they tend to draw a lot of attention, but I have never had so many different types of vehicles pull up beside me or get next to me at a stop light wanting to race. It really is quite a unique feeling I get while driving this car, I am East of Cleveland almost to Pa. Will be spending time near and around Cleveland, hope to see you. I was wondering if there was a Crossfire club or any get togethers ?

Old 06-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Still few here in my area although today I look out my office window and there is a black LTD Roadster parked out front. I was with a customer so I couldn't go out but just about everyone in the real estate management office was out looking at it. When they pulled out of the lot the guy was face to face with my car and they both pointed like look another Crossfire.
I had to chuckle the guy had the spoiler in the up position, even while parked.

Pat

Old 06-10-2006, 07:29 AM

Fuzz

Your right, no one waves back! There are so many on I-75 when I'm driving home, I try to line up behind them to get a convoy started!