Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

So Happy with Crossfire Can't stand it!

Old 09-07-2006, 06:38 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: So Happy with Crossfire Can't stand it!

Originally Posted by golfergal
Couldn't agree more! Driving this car has officially turned me into a car "person"...and everyone thought I was buying it to "look cute" in it! What's up with that? Geeze...some people!!!
Glad you are now a "car person", YOU would look cute driving anything.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

German engineering, I think they should have consulted with the Asians, what do German engineers know, oops I forgot I am an engineer and am also German, but that is OK.
Well stated Napasanaoma, and this is the BEST Crossfire Forum! Drive = Love.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:36 AM

Well stated! I have had a few problems with mine and I still enjoy driving it as well as the attention it gets. IMPO...
The issues I'd experienced were very minimal and still did not make me regret buying this car.
- Nappa's post kinda reminds me of that commercial where the teen girl and mother are arguing over the cell phone but in a positive manner.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by markr6754
Yes...and then there's the French.
? Is there something else you'd like to add to this bizarre comment? Please keep your offensive comments to yourself. Sorry dude, just hear this *hit from folks all the time and they've never met, worked, lived with a french person in their lives. I have, I do, and I don't appreciate it.

Napa - I feel the same about the XF, it's almost too much fun to drive. Due to recent chats with the local constables lately, I've had to keep the pace way down, and it feels like the car is saying "wtf?, let's go!". Regardless, it's absolutely comfortable to drive long distances. The only thing that is bugging me is that every nut out there wants to "have a go" with me...resist, resist the temptation!

Last edited by Sennaspirit; 09-07-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:45 AM

I think this is also the best automobile that I have had. Just love to drive it. I just take trips on a whim just to get behind the wheel again.
I had a few problems but the dealer always fixed them. Some took more than one trip to them. But they always got it fixed.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know what "it" is about this car that creates so much passion, but what ever "it" is, the Crossfire is dripping with "it".
I think nothing says it more than the loyalty most everyone has for it. Especially those who have "lemon lawed" their cars, only to turn right around and try another one instead of taking a "buy out". To me that speaks volumes about the "hold" this car has on its owners. In all honesty, I don't think I would be so forgiving (fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me). But if it ever happened, and my car suddenly developed the "lemon syndrome", I don't know what car that's currently out there I'd replace it with. Certainly nothing in the same "price class" as the Crossfire, that's for sure. It would probably take a Z4 coupe, or a Cayman, but still, I prefer the Crossfires styling over either one of them.
Let's face it we're all "addicts", and the Crossfire forum has evolved into our very own "support" group.
That being said, please excuse me while I go out into the garage for another "hit".

Old 09-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Forum Regular

Yes, that's so true. Passion is an often overused word for many of life's thrills and chills. However, it's definitely an appropriate term for my feelings about my roadster. It's the most fun on 4 wheels!

Old 09-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Let's face it we're all "addicts", and the Crossfire forum has evolved into our very own "support" group.
That being said, please excuse me while I go out into the garage for another "hit".
ADDICT!!!
Does that mean there is no known cure? LOL.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by golfergal
...and everyone thought I was buying it to "look cute" in it!
That's just an added fringe benefit!

Old 09-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After being followed tonight by a yellow Porsche Boxster named " DSY " I feel that my Crossfire is still superior in looks and has all the goodies of a purrdy car! I can flap my wings, big tires (19" front and 20" rear) chrome dress up and a V8 ish muffler...and of course, the Mercedes platform. I got all the attention than the Porsche behind me.

I have big problems too like my big wheels rubbing big time on my wheel well but I fixed it! And once it's fixed...the problems gone!

My problem with the dealership service which really suck before...it's fixed now after they realized that they'll get a bad survey. Now, I'm getting a loaner everytime I brought my XFIREX to them! And this is how they tell me "Since you bought this kind of car, I want you to know that we can provide you a loaner while your car is in service".

To me that's a royal treatment because they realize that this ain't just an ordinary car in their lineup (I dunno if the price drop can affect their service).

Old 09-07-2006, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by markr6754
Yes...and then there's the French.
A true statement, to say the least.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:54 PM

Just returned from a week long business trip. Multiple cities, multiple boring practical rental cars. All had less than 3K miles on them. All were sooo generically cheap. Adequate drives all.

Then I got back and slipped behind the wheel of the SRT, quality immediately surrounds, start the engine and hear it purr. Gently press the throttle and it moves out smoothly. Give it the gas and I am instantly pushed back in the seat. Steering input goes where I want....NOW! Tap the brakes and it feels like I just launched and anchor.

I used to enjoy getting back to my Z4 after a trip, that is just a memory. I am spoiled by the Crossfire...

Last edited by SRT SIX; 09-08-2006 at 02:19 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi, my name is Jody and I'm an addict...

My SRT6 is just what SRT SIX says... EVERY WORD!

Now... I've got to up the ante and get the Upsolute upgrade along with that Sprintbooster and those purdy wheels and tires ...

Old 09-08-2006, 02:13 AM

As they used to say on Hee Haw... S A L U T E !

Old 09-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Forum Regular

Even though many of us may have encountered poor service that should be no reflection on the car only on the dealership. I too am very happy with my Crossfire and DC product in general and look forward to the release of the Challenger in 2008-2009. Then I'll have Beauty and the Beast.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:35 PM

I have 16,000 mi on my 2004 Xfire red coupe and have had zero problems...great on the highway and for trips. would never sell it...

Old 09-09-2006, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by **** Bohnsack
I have 16,000 mi on my 2004 Xfire red coupe and have had zero problems...great on the highway and for trips. would never sell it...
**** Bohnsack, Wow if that is your real name you had cruel parents, or wait maybe cool parents!

Wow, your name gets edited out, how cool is that!

Old 09-10-2006, 11:12 PM

My legal name is Richard Bohnsack...Bohnsack in German means bean bag or something like that...my ancestors are German...its pronounced bonesack...caused some tittering in school...

Old 09-11-2006, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by **** Bohnsack
My legal name is Richard Bohnsack...Bohnsack in German means bean bag or something like that...my ancestors are German...its pronounced bonesack...caused some tittering in school...
Kids can be so cruel...but you do have quite the unique name. I will be in/close by Germany in December (Actually Belgium). Have you been over? Know of any good spots in Brussels or Antrupen (sp).

Old 09-11-2006, 08:34 AM

We have had our Crossfire for about a month now and still love it! It's a dream to drive and love to hear that engine purr! We got some touchup paint with no problem from a local dealer, they were very nice about ordering it for us and calling when it arrived. My only disappointment is, surprise, surprise...no luggage! I have 3 calls into the luggage hotline and no real follow up from the dealer in NY where we purchased the car. No real surprise there either since we live down here in little ole South Carolina! The no luggage thing is no reflection on the quality of the car or the happiness I feel when driving or riding in it. We love our car!

Quick Reply: So Happy with Crossfire Can't stand it!