Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

sema crossfire...

Old 11-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default sema crossfire...

DSC00723.jpg

DSC00722.jpg

this was the only crossfire on display with any mods.

the unique product their booth was offering was a clear film (protective windshield skin) for the exterior side of the front windshield... to protect against stone chips... this would be a great product for a brand new car imo. my windshield is quite pitted from chips.

http://www.prolinestyling.com/

as for the crossfire... the hood & roof had a carbon fiber film overlay... and the grill (mesh) was a homemade job. the owner was very nice.

Old 11-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: sema crossfire...

I personally think a stock crossfire looks 100% better, but it's good to see a crossfire at a SEMA show.

Old 11-06-2006, 01:07 AM
Forum Regular

I know what you mean about the windshield pitting. The windshield on my dad's old 1990 Suburban has less pitting in it, and that's after 200,000 miles.
I guess driving too fast takes its toll on glass?

As for SEMA, it's nothing but a Bling Bling show, there are hardly any performance companies showing up with new products for late model cars, I think the giant 24" wheel craze has really put off the real performance enthusiasts and manufactures.

Old 11-06-2006, 01:11 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dynamicS
I know what you mean about the windshield pitting. The windshield on my dad's old 1990 Suburban has less pitting in it, and that's after 200,000 miles.
I guess driving too fast takes its toll on glass?

As for SEMA, it's nothing but a Bling Bling show, there are hardly any performance companies showing up with new products for late model cars, I think the giant 24" wheel craze has really put off the real performance enthusiasts and manufactures.
I totally agree about the SEMA show. I'm a classic car lover and find the older car shows are much more exciting than the late model shows for that reason.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry I didn't make it to the show as planned... I work in a crazy business that changes schedules more than I change my socks...

Hope you had fun Andrew...

Old 11-06-2006, 07:20 AM
Forum Regular

Andrew, Did you get a chance to check out that tire plug with the brass end ?

Old 11-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by marauderroy
you mean this???

http://www2.northerntool.com/product..._200323217.htm

Old 11-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Forum Regular

I still want to know where that brass end goes when you use the plug. I imagine it just floats around inside the tire...?

Old 11-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andrew you mean to tell me you didn’t check out the yellow crossfire roadster with the rhinestone pinstripes and the rhinestone grille and side vents ??? IT was kinda by the completely covered in rhinestones mercedes they had there that too that was also ridiculous.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
Andrew you mean to tell me you didn’t check out the yellow crossfire roadster with the rhinestone pinstripes and the rhinestone grille and side vents ??? IT was kinda by the completely covered in rhinestones mercedes they had there that too that was also ridiculous.
got any pics?

Old 11-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Forum Regular

For the life of me, I just can't figure out why someone would take a beautiful car and ruin it. Like the Charger in the "other cars" section...it just seems like a waste of money and a perfectly good car to me IMO.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by blacklimitedcoupe
I still want to know where that brass end goes when you use the plug. I imagine it just floats around inside the tire...?
I believe it's designed to act as a barb for the plug, because on those other plug kits you buy at Pep Boys, they don't use the brass barb. They are known to get pulled out of the tire during hard acceleration, and thus leaving a big hole for air to escape, very dangerous at any speeds.
I use them all the time but only on the wheels that ARE NOT driving the vehicle!

Old 11-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dynamicS
I believe it's designed to act as a barb for the plug, because on those other plug kits you buy at Pep Boys, they don't use the brass barb. They are known to get pulled out of the tire during hard acceleration, and thus leaving a big hole for air to escape, very dangerous at any speeds.
I use them all the time but only on the wheels that ARE NOT driving the vehicle!
Ok, that makes sense. I didn't think about it like that. I'd like to purchase a kit and inspect it a little closer, but it seems like a good thing to carry in a car that doesn't have a spare tire.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by marauderroy
i did check it out... and they are sending me a kit to try.

after asking many questions... the product seems to be an asset for us non-spare tires guys.

the brass tip will eventually come loose from the plug and roll around in the tire. it will turn into a bb form. they have tested many many kits and the bass end cap doesn't cause any adverse affects… nor will it affect the balancing of the tire. if the puncture is larger than the plug supplied... you can use multiple plugs to fill the hole.

i will keep you all up-to-date on my kit once it arrives... but in some ways... i hope i don't have to use it.

the cost is about $15 or so...

Old 11-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrew
the brass tip will eventually come loose from the plug and roll around in the tire. it will turn into a bb form. they have tested many many kits and the bass end cap doesn't cause any adverse affects… nor will it affect the balancing of the tire. if the puncture is larger than the plug supplied... you can use multiple plugs to fill the hole.
I hope your kidding? the brass barb comes loose? well then what's the reasoning behind that?

You can get plug kits at any store. I thought the brass tip was designed with some purpose in mind, guess not?
I would buy one if the brass tips was anchored to the plug material, so that it cannot get ripped out.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PureVim
got any pics?
OMG! It actually exists! All it needs is some 26" spinners to complete the package.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
~ you want some sema show bling?? here is the benz...

Old 11-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Uh...I don't even know what to say about this.

As for the Sema XF...I guess there was something about the nurburgring and that car? That was a graphic of the track on the side of the car, but I couldn't read the type.

Last edited by Sennaspirit; 11-06-2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:14 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Does it belongs to the same guy with the sparkly pink Charger. Also comes with a fur coat, and large brim hat.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrew
i did check it out... and they are sending me a kit to try.

after asking many questions... the product seems to be an asset for us non-spare tires guys.

i will keep you all up-to-date on my kit once it arrives... but in some ways... i hope i don't have to use it.

the cost is about $15 or so...
Thanks for the update. I'm a little worried what that brass tip spinning around in the tire might do to the tps. A bb moving fast can do some damage, I'd hate to break the sensor.

Quick Reply: sema crossfire...