Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

DC's Dallas Ride, Drive & Win

Old 11-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up DC's Dallas Ride, Drive & Win

I went to Daimler Chrysler's Dallas Full Throttle Ride, Drive & Win this morning. The weather was perfect and I had a great time. This event was well done other than the Jeep section was a big snooze-fest. They just had a long oval to drive around.

I drove most of the cars available. The SRT6 Crossfire Convertible was by far the most popular. At least the line for it was always the longest. Wow! I had not driven an SRT. There certainly is a marked difference in my LTD and it. To me the Crossfire was the most nimble and best handling car on the track. Maybe it's because I was more comfortable with it.

I also drove the SRT Magnum and the RAM SRT10. The Man Wagon Magnum was a blast. The truck was a 5,000 monster and a bit big for the track. It was a little unwieldy but did well for a pickup.

I was very surprised at the Nitro. It was a very well mannered SUV. The Sebring screamed Rental. It even smelled rental. It did handle much better driving than I expected.

The Compass and Wrangler were frightening to drive after all the cars. I'm sure they're much better off road. Way too much plastic on both Jeeps.

I have posted pictures from the drifting event in the gallery. That was very exciting. Being as sheltered as I am I had not seen such driving. The cars would disappear in a cloud of their own tire smoke. Quite a sight!

There were free hot-dogs and soft-drinks. All the DC folks were having fun. Many of the men riding along with us in the SRTs were racing drivers.

I did see a black SRT convertible parking as I was leaving. Was it any of you folks?

Last edited by Midlife; 11-21-2006 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Minor Typos and Link to Gallery