Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

HELP! Factory Navigation Install Problems!

Old 11-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP! Factory Navigation Install Problems!

Hello Everyone... I'm in great need of help...

I purchased a factory navigation setup from one of the forum members. It came with the following:

Navigation head unit
GPS Antenna
East/West CDs
Manual

I removed my old head unit, mounted the GPS Antenna, ran the wire and reinstalled the new head unit. I turned on the radio and everything seemed to be just fine. All of the radio features work great. I inserted the navigation CD and it recognized between 6 and 9 satellites. However, when I drove the car, the navigation feature was worthless. Every destination I entered, it would try and take me in the opposite direction. It wouldn't recognize any roads and wouldn't recalculate anything. Also, the compass was never facing the correct direction. For example, I entered my home address as a destination when I was about 3 miles from home. It said "calculating route" and then listed the street that it thought I was traveling on. However, it was not correct, in fact, I was about 4 miles from the road it listed on the display. Then the voice said "turn right in 100 yards." I kept driving all the way home and it never changed. Something isn't right with this, and I'm not sure what it could be. One member told me that he had to install a "speed sensor wire" and a "reverse sensing wire," which I did not do -- maybe that could have something to do with it? Any help, advice or suggestions would be extremely appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Old 11-21-2006, 01:06 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: HELP! Factory Navigation Install Problems!

Have you tried driving in reverse? JK

This is good advise.

One member told me that he had to install a "speed sensor wire" and a "reverse sensing wire," which I did not do -- maybe that could have something to do with it? Any help, advice or suggestions would be extremely appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Old 11-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update...I thought maybe my problem was that the antenna wasn't reading the satellites, so I removed it from inside the dash and placed it on the top of the dash near the windshield. However, this didn't improve anything. It's very weird... the streets that it lists seem to be the same no matter where I'm at. For example, I was driving near my house and it said I was on "SE 21st Avenue" which of course wasn't correct...but then I was driving about 15 miles from my house and it still said I was on "SE 21st Avenue"... I'm beginning to think something is wrong with this headunit. Help please!

Old 11-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Two things...

1. Verify the orientation of the GPS antenna.

2. Make sure you go through the setup again when it's verified.

I don't have any other advice for you except to check out the installation manual on http://www.becker.de for operation and installation. This is the closest one to the Crossfire factory NAV unit. Right-click to save here

Hope that helps.