Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

A tastefully modified Crossfire...

Old 12-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A tastefully modified Crossfire...

If my translation estimates serve me right, this is a Crossfire from Pimp My Ride. It's good to see a Crossfire done tastefully. I love the interior color even though I can immediately see an unfinished roof, the steering wheel is not to my taste, and the wheels are a little too much for me. Nevertheless, it makes me want to go out and buy a base so I can have the freedom to modify. Of course it takes money to do this, and if I had the money I would first put it into the engine and then the interior.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Old 12-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Cool Re: A tastefully modified Crossfire...

~ its quite low... must be using bags... i noticed in the one pic the front wheel well lining is removed. the interior color looks rich imo...

4-51.jpg

5-41.jpg

9-21.jpg

Old 12-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: A tastefully modified Crossfire...

They now have "Pimp My Ride International" The shop that does the customization is in Holland. In the beginning of each episode there is one Black Coupe and one Black Roadster Limited in the parking lot.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:56 AM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: A tastefully modified Crossfire...

I think the color of the interior is hot. Very nice.

Old 12-21-2006, 03:29 AM
Forum Regular

I like it, however tricked out cars is something I enjoy seeing but I am not into owning one. The same goes with owning the classics like the 555 Bel Air and the Nomad. Fun to look at and admire but not something I would want to own.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

I like the interior but I think my car blows that one away on looks outside. Those wheels are vomit and the star tech front lip is the best front end thing you could do to these cars. I've been pulled over by several crossfires since I got it asking me where I got it. You really can't appreciate it until you see it in person. Makes the crossfire look really MEAN!

EDIT: I will say that the surround around the gauges being chrome is hot. I think I'll take that off and send it in for chroming. I can just imagine the sun glare off of it now. LOL

Old 12-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love the Tan leather interior, just imagine if it would have been offered in the SRT's with a matching set of real leather luggage. (Just like the Gullwing Mercedes had.)
As MAYAman pointed out, the chrome in the interior adds a certain amount of "retro" class to the whole image also. But I'm sure the Feds would never let such a dangerous "option" ever be used. Makes ya wonder how we ever survived the 50's and early 60's with so many "hazardous" features on those classics, before "Big Brother" sanitized everything.

I do appreciate seatbelts though, and air bags aren't such a bad idea either.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by MAYAman
I like the interior but I think my car blows that one away on looks outside. Those wheels are vomit and the star tech front lip is the best front end thing you could do to these cars. I've been pulled over by several crossfires since I got it asking me where I got it. You really can't appreciate it until you see it in person. Makes the crossfire look really MEAN!

EDIT: I will say that the surround around the gauges being chrome is hot. I think I'll take that off and send it in for chroming. I can just imagine the sun glare off of it now. LOL
Mayaman, where are some pics of your lip? I'd like to see it myself.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the biggest improvement was Chroming those hot air vents on the fender I wish they did that from the factory originally

Old 12-21-2006, 12:44 PM

ENGLISH translation
Pimp My Ride exchange of garage
By Pierre Desjardins - on Saturday December 24, 2005 | 254 comment (S)

“Pimp My Ride” on MTV belonged to the new programs which mix TV-reality and mechanics, like American Chopper, Monster Garage or Wrinkles. Presented by the rappor Xzibit, the goal of the emission is to transform the car of a volunteer often close to the wreck (the car, not the volunteer) to do of them one glowing showcar heavily charged with accessories. Since the launching of the emission in Mars 2004, the company charged to carry out the modifications is West Coast Customs, of which each employee like Big G, Q or Firstly, became a genuine star progressively with the episodes.
WCC thus became known in the whole world for its extreme transformations like flat-faced screens assembled in the seats, of iridescent paintings or the velvet seats. Certain cars even finished the emission with inside a fountain, a coffee machine or platinums of DJ, each one transformed to be in conformity with the personality of their owner.In parallel, certain achievements of WCC strongly marked the spirits, like Bentley Limousine and among the faithful customers of the garage, one finds in particular Shaquille O' Neal, the pivot of Miami Heats, and the rappor 50 Hundreds. Very recently, WCC even developed a special series of Ford Mustang with Shelby, excuse little.But all at an end: the owner of WCC, Ryan Friedlinghaus, better known under the pseudonyms Shady or Haus, decided to move his garage of Los Angeles with Corona where it saw to be closer to his sons and thus will cease the collaboration of the garage with the emission.“Pimp My Ride”, considering the enormous success which the emission meets, will not cease therefore, just like the mediatization of WCC. On a side another garage of the area of Los Angeles will be chosen, other of the producers of the chain Discovery Channel contacted WCC to develop a new emission of TV-reality like American Chopper or American Hot Rod, which will follow the daily activity of the garage with its traditional customers.According to Haus, the reputation of its garage, which it had assembled in 1993 with only 5000$ out of pocket, is now so large that it could move in Alaska and continue to make benefit.

Last edited by psuperti; 12-21-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:56 PM
FP

Originally Posted by +fireamx
I love the Tan leather interior, just imagine if it would have been offered in the SRT's with a matching set of real leather luggage. (Just like the Gullwing Mercedes had).
If the SRT came with that interior, I would have bought one. I don't care for the SRT seats.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:03 PM

0e0face4.jpg

newspoiler2.jpg

newspoiler1.jpg

newspoiler3.jpg

Best thing you could put on your Xfire IMO.

I'm still working on my rear lip project and should have something by spring.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:07 PM

I also have the chrome gills, chrome mirrors and chrome door handle inserts and Eibach pro kit. with the CTD grill it will be perfect.

I am still working on perfecting the rear spoiler. I think when I'm done it will add a lot to the car and be very subtle. I'm shaving off like half an inch from it to create more of a vector to match the center line.

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

The production spoiler will be way more subtle, probably like an inch lower and more of a vector look to it. Crisp center line so that it matches the line going down the middle of the car.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:11 PM

How much was that startech front lip?

Old 12-21-2006, 02:46 PM

$620 beans with shipping.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:17 PM

Thanks for the pics Mayaman. I am having trouble deciding for myself if I like the lip, as I am not too fond about the ends of the lip dropping down. Probably in person it looks better. That rear spoiler lip is sweet though. Good luck with that!

Old 12-22-2006, 05:43 PM

The ends dropping down is what makes it my man, looks very mean and menacing. Looks even better in person. Without the end flares it would be kinda timid. Thanks again.

Old 12-22-2006, 07:10 PM

I have no doubt that those end flares look better in person.

Old 12-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I think I actually like it... and I don't like anything... lol.

Old 12-25-2006, 08:09 PM

^^^ Heh heh, nice.

Quick Reply: A tastefully modified Crossfire...