Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

my tune, my dyno, my story...

Old 01-21-2007, 12:32 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: my tune, my dyno, my story...

Originally Posted by Steve Hellums
FP, removing the ECU is not that hard, go to the Renntech site and you can print the info off of their site. If you can't find it I have it save on my computer at work, PM me and I can send it to you from work.

Steve
Thanks, I might take you up on that. So what's the process? Do I remove it, and send it to them for the mod, and re-install it? I have the Sprint Booster. Any conflicts with it?

Last edited by FP; 01-21-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
Thanks, I might take you up on that. So what's the process? Do I remove it, and send it to them for the mod, and re-install it? I have the Sprint Booster. Any conflicts with it?
I did not even know were the ECU was, but I learned all from Woody and sent it to upsolute last year. So I can tell you that it is just a plug and unplug, very easy thing to do to do.

Last edited by psuperti; 01-21-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys,

where's the people that were interested? the GB is PROBABLY not going to happen, but please don't make all this time and effort useless.

jose tuned x'ed 's car because MANY said that they would be interested for this buy, but after everything's done. everyone that was supposedly interested didn't reply.

whoever's interested. please PM me.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:37 PM

As I posted before that I don't think was answered was the ease of shipping it and getting it back, popping it in and it being ok. I think it's easy for people to show up, have it done, and troubleshoot any problems.

A lot of us cannot get to where he's going to be at and aren't comfortable shipping an ECU cause if something happens to it, we're pretty much screwed. I would also like to see if x'ed has any problems after X,XXX amount of miles to ensure my car won't do the same. Call me a worry wart but I don't want my ride screwed up for about 20 horsepower.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:54 AM

For added safety you can insure the package for $3,000.00 for like $15 dollars. We ship out anywhere from 25 to 60 ecu's a month and we have never had a problem.

Also underdrive pulleys don't require a retune as its not changing anything other than undriving water pumps and alternator to free up a few horse based on crankshaft rotational weight.

I think alot of people are asking this question well if he went to the magic table it took him a couple of "retunes" but how does that work for me.

We had software for crossfires ready we simply adjusted the air fuels to make them safe we also adjusted wide open throttle a bit more. So far as the rest of the maps they were untouched.

Another question well my car is different than his car. We know that we are capable of looking at software a whole different way than most tuners out there. We currently have 42 crossfire stock variations based on dme numbers ect. we are able to come within 1 percent between different cars.

Remember this software was tuned specifically for crossfire its not a mercedes benz byproduct. You guys wanted software just for your crossfires and thats what we did.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask and we will reply to the best of our knowledge.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:10 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

group buy or not ... i'll be doing this to my xF ... i may be delayed for a few weeks due to other responsibilities however ... JP, one question, i intend to build a better intake system for the car and change the exhaust to a true dual setup with a x-pipe... should i do those first and drive it around for the ECU to do the long/term short term adjustments before i get the ECU tuned by you ?

Old 01-22-2007, 01:37 AM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

Add me to the group buy but I MUST have these questions answered or no buy.

1. Is there risk to the motor.
2. Will the dealer find out.
3. Where is this taking place, I want an exact location in NY including business name. I'm only 40 minutes from NYC.
4. Who else in CT is doing this so we can drive down together.
5. How long does this take and is there any guarantee.
6. Finally WILL THIS WORK ON AN AUTOMATIC FOR SURE.

Please answer these question so I know and can do some research on the place this is being done.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:55 AM

I have searched and can't find it- how does one remove the ECU.
I have an '03 build Crossfire - I heard the ECU is not the same as '04 build.
Pretty keen to go but getting out the ECU and getting it away and back in one piece is a big issue for me seeing I'm in Australia. I get the point about insurance but I would like to be warmer and fuzzier about the ECU first. Everyone knows insurance is good but making a claim can be painful, hence covering all bases first.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by MAYAman
Add me to the group buy but I MUST have these questions answered or no buy.

1. Is there risk to the motor.
2. Will the dealer find out.
3. Where is this taking place, I want an exact location in NY including business name. I'm only 40 minutes from NYC.
4. Who else in CT is doing this so we can drive down together.
5. How long does this take and is there any guarantee.
6. Finally WILL THIS WORK ON AN AUTOMATIC FOR SURE.

Please answer these question so I know and can do some research on the place this is being done.
1. All tunes guaranteed within safety spec (alas, what you have on before/after a tune isn't SI responsibility).
2. Within 99% "No." (If they were so inclined, ANYONE with the technical know-how, tools, equipment could focus on finding an ECU tune, but the chances are very slim, unless you make it blatantly obvious - of which DME tuning isn't very).
3. This group-buy will likely not take place - again, would it REALLY be worth the wait? Because it has to be worth our time and money first, understandably.
4. Can't answer this one...
5. Turnaround time of 3-days if shipped, 45-1hr if on the spot.
6. IT WILL WORK ON AN AUTOMATIC FOR SURE.

I would love for the group buy to go through, but between now and Feb 10th... 25 heads? This is the cutoff date for the XF group buy / NY group buy. I haven't seen a full deposit yet. :\

Old 01-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xfire downunder
I have searched and can't find it - how does one remove the ECU.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:27 AM

i'm sorry guys, but if you guys are interested, i think we need to send in deposits here.

you see, can we even HAVE a list of potential east coast BUYERS so I can count a # of heads to see if we even HAVE 20-25.

Last edited by advanz; 01-22-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:58 PM

Like I said, I'm in just give me the location of the garage in New York so I can mapquest it. Also anybody else in CT going to do this? I will send half of the total amount once I know this is going to take place. Put your money where your mouth is people. We have a proven mod tested by a board member and he is giving us a money back guarantee so where are you people?

Feb 10th is still almost 18 days away so don't give up yet. That kind of thinking just draws the negative azzholes.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:13 PM
FP

I'm in, but need to know if I have to send them my ECU, and if so, how much will it cost, and is there any conflict with the Sprint Booster?

Old 01-22-2007, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by FP
I'm in, but need to know if I have to send them my ECU, and if so, how much will it cost, and is there any conflict with the Sprint Booster?
Yup, you guys are dealing with a private, in-house software developed genuine tuner - we don't send out slave files out there for other people to modify
(and potentially copy/ruin/distribute/etc.).

Intenseblue posted an awesome (thank you sir) diagram for anyone to follow the removal of an ECU, and as far as I know, there have been no known conflicts so far with the Sprint Booster (other than the problems the SB could be causing alone).

JP@SI

Old 01-22-2007, 07:28 PM
FP

Originally Posted by JP@SI
Yup, you guys are dealing with a private, in-house software developed genuine tuner - we don't send out slave files out there for other people to modify
(and potentially copy/ruin/distribute/etc.).

Intenseblue posted an awesome (thank you sir) diagram for anyone to follow the removal of an ECU, and as far as I know, there have been no known conflicts so far with the Sprint Booster (other than the problems the SB could be causing alone).

JP@SI
Thanks for the answer, I'm in.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:21 PM

count one more for NY.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by typhoon55
count one more for NY
if you or anyone wants to be in, we have to pay jose a FULL DEPOSIT. again prices are as follows:

3.2 V6 $463.50
SRT-6 $721.00

MAYAMAN,

also, a location? lets have this done in queens. queens center MALL, this will PROBABLY be done inside the parking lot, enclosed opened area. and then a dyno can be either on queens blvd or nj.

so right now, lets START THE LIST GUYS.

1.typhoon55

Old 01-23-2007, 04:19 AM

Dude like I said, why does he need everything up front?

If he gets half and then comes and does the job he can get the rest. This is just common sense my man.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by MAYAman
Dude like I said, why does he need everything up front?

If he gets half and then comes and does the job he can get the rest. This is just common sense my man.
ok this i will discuss with jose later.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by advanz
if you or anyone wants to be in, we have to pay jose a FULL DEPOSIT. again prices are as follows:

3.2 V6 $463.50
SRT-6 $721.00

MAYAMAN,

also, a location? lets have this done in queens. queens center MALL, this will PROBABLY be done inside the parking lot, enclosed opened area. and then a dyno can be either on queens blvd or nj.

so right now, lets START THE LIST GUYS.

1.typhoon55
Just out of curiosity, why is the price for remapping the SRT cpu nearly
double that of the NA Crossfire? C'mon guys, reprogramming an ECU is
The same no matter what car you are working on. It's just making some
mods to table data. Are you telling me that there are twice as many
table entries to remap on the SRT?

Coyote

Quick Reply: my tune, my dyno, my story...