Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Best Compliment Your XFire has Received?

Old 01-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Compliment Your XFire has Received?

First off, I have drove a 4Runner for 5 years and I loved it, never thought I'd be a car person, until I saw and test drove this car. I bought my '04 Coupe two weeks ago and I'm in love with it, and never did I imagine I'd receive as many compliments/comments as I have. There is only one other Crossfire I've seen in this area (a white convertible), so it really draws a lot of looks. I got stopped outside of a movie theater by someone asking about it, and before I knew it, I had people on all sides of my car looking at it and asking questions about it. I had a guy the other night, worked for a wrecker service, ask me how much that car costs, he thought it was at least $70-80K, Haha. However, my favorite question so far has been: "Wasn't this car a Bond car??" Haha. Knowing it wasn't, I just said, "I'm not sure, maybe," and happily drove off.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Default Re: Best Compliment Your XFire has Received?

lol, just last night the pizza delivery guy was talking to me about it, just after i debadged it he came and was looking all around, then he asked me was it a prowler. i laughed. then i told him it was a '08 concept model.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:10 PM

No comments yet, just looks.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great stuff!
I've posted this before, but during my first week with the car, I was navigating through the parking lot of the Metro (subway for my NY buds), 15 mph limit and stopped to allow some people to cross the road. I roll up about 30 feet to the light, where I'm making a left turn, and one of the people I let cross the street walks up to my passenger side window, taps on it and when i open it he says "beautiful car man, beautiful". He smiles, turns and continues on his way.

How often does that happen in other cars? Rarely I would guess.

Just this friday at the car wash (Damn you mr. clean), a guy in a TT comes up to me and says...I love that car (mine), how does it drive? Honestly, I have a lot of appreciation for the styling on the TT...so we had a good chat. Some woman standing near by realizes that we don't know each other and says "you guys aren't friends? You car guys are nutty".

I couldn't agree more.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Forum Regular

There is an elderly African-American gentleman that eats at the same greasy spoon as I do every morning. He has told me more than once" When I grow up I want to get a car just like yours!"

Old 01-21-2007, 11:24 PM

OK, I'll chime in on this one...

Too many to name, but just last week, I was coming out of Office Max and this kid was sitting in the SUV next to mine waiting on his parent to come back out. As I get into my car, he says "Hey man, sweet ride." I just smiled and said "Thanks little man." I love it when the kids say stuff about it. Then you're the cool guy in the neighborhood.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Great stuff!he says "beautiful car man, beautiful".
I get this all the time... its fairly random.

There are a few car buffs that will honk and wave at me on the road.

They are calling me SuperStar at work... I should get them to call me Crossfire instead.

My best compliment was the first day I drove the car. Drove from the lot to a CD Warehouse (used discount CD store) to have something to put in the sound system.

A beautiful young woman walked by and I barely noticed her until she said "Awesome".. then she caught herself and acted shy. I decided she was about 16 after she got shy... Anyways, too young for me to strike up a conversation... sigh. lol.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Forum Regular

Parked outside an Applebee's waiting for the Carside TO Go service a very hot young woman walked right up to my window and said "are you waiting for me, honey?" I said actually I am waiting for my dinner, do you want to be dessert?

Ok, so I wasn't quite that quick with the wit, but what she said was word for word. I am sure that I mumbled some stupid words that could never impress a girl like that, but in my mind I was great.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Forum Regular

I was coming out of the bank walking up to my car getting ready to get in. Two totally hot college girls in an Acura were driving by. The Acura stopped and the driver looked right at me and said "nice car buddy".

That alone was worth that months payment.

Ok another one, going through the drive thru at the local McD's, the girl says "what is that, a Porsche?"

Ok how about one from a long time ago when I had my Trans AM. I was walking up to my car in a parking lot and two hotties were walking right by it. One of them takes her hand and runs it right across the rear spoiler and says " I'd give anything to drive a car like this". I inquired if I could take her up on that. The rest is a blur.

I know there are more. Can't think of them right now. It's early.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:46 AM

lol, they call my Crossfire at work too. everyone here drives Acura's. lol. and i love it when people mistake my car for a $100,000 Porsche.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:39 PM
sbj

Awesome thread guys. Keep' em coming.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:51 PM
raulito11

Mostly looks from but once awhile I'll get people asking me what kind of car it is especially at a drive-thru...there was once a women at a KFC who offered me a free chicken dinner for my xfire...of course I laughed and said "sure thing but it does come with a monthly payment".

Old 01-22-2007, 03:45 PM

at Taco Bell, i ordered some food, then right after i paid for it my sister wanted something, so i tried to tell the girl, but she made me drive back through. then when i got around again i said, "i know you wanted me to come back around so you can look at my car" she said yea i really like it.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:53 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I usually get compliments when filling up with gas. There's always someone who wants to know what kind of car it is, or at a minimum, "nice car".

Old 01-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I had just gotten my xfire in June of '04 and took it on vacation to North Myrtle Beach. We got there a day early so the first night we stayed in a hotel til our beach house was ready the following day. So the next morning I came outside to put some luggage (xfire luggage) in the trunk. There I find a lady taking pictures of her family standing in front of my car, as I walk up I tell her it will cost her a dollar for each picture she takes and she just laughs and then tells me she just loves my eclipse then her husband comes running over and apologizes and tells her its a crossfire. They ask me several questions about the car and then go on their way. I thought taking pictures of your family in front of my car was quite a compliment.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:30 PM

I work for a finance company and it's in a big building where there are close to a thousand people, and today I drove by my boss while in the parking lot and gave him a friendly wave. A few hours later he passed by my office, took a second glance at me as he walked by then turned around, came in and said, "Now, I know how much you get paid and I don't think you can afford that! Haha". Of course, he was just joking around, but he loved the car.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:55 PM

lol kinda like my story, i was driving into work and seen my boss in his Audi A4, i thought it was really ugly cause it was teal/blue green. i seen it was him from the back of his head and i had never seen his car before, i blew past thim then let him catch back up and he seen me. i make $37,100 a year, and he makes over $200,000. but i guess he must have a nice house and a family. but later that day we talked about it and he really liked it.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:15 PM

My girlfriend and my roommate refers to my Crossfire as a 'mini-Batmobile' since it's black. And then they tell everyone that's what it is anyways.

Got another story...at a stoplight in town on a VERY busy roadway, a girl in the car next to me was yelling something, but my music was up pretty loud (aftermarket Alpine system with my mp3 player hardwired into an auxiliary jack), so I rolled down the window to which she was asking if I wanted to trade cars. Seeing how she was driving a Ford Tempo, that wasn't even an option!

Old 01-23-2007, 12:24 AM
Forum Regular

the best comment was about the hot lady I had in the passenger seat.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:46 AM
Forum Regular

My best compliment resulted in me having a hot lady in the passenger seat.

Quick Reply: Best Compliment Your XFire has Received?