Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Please Be honest

Old 05-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Please Be honest

Originally Posted by juan vega
i'm extremely comfortable on my side tho 2 of my friends said that the passenger side is not then again they drive HUGE trucks.
I agree, I have sat in the passenger seat on a trip once. Have to say it really sucks. Seems there is less legroom on the passenger side.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:01 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxwell
European carry all, hehe sounds like you carry a Man-purse, lol!!!
It's European...damn it.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deleted Message

Last edited by AMGLover; 08-31-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Please Be honest

My wife and one of her girl friends both agree that getting into the passenger seat is like getting into a tight pair of pants. I didn't think it was that bad at all. Not sure I would want to go for a long ride without a pillow under my tush if I had to ride in the passenger seat, but still not bad. Of course, my 11 year old son just fits right in and has a ball!

Old 05-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 6 feet tall and 220 lbs and I fit just fine in my crossfire. When I bought my Limited Coupe I was 250 lbs and although I loved the car I knew if I lost some weight I'd enjoy it more, so I did. Now I rarely ride in the passenger side, but I did for a grand total of 250 miles back from Florida while my Dad drove and I never once got comfortable. I was just too tall and couldn't stretch out at all and couldn't get any support under my legs because the passenger seat is only adjustable 4 ways where the Driver seat is adjustable 8 ways. Anyway, I drive around 75 to 100 miles a day and am very comfortable to whole time, the only problem I have is keeping my lead foot out of it.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:49 PM

I'm 6 foot 175 pounds and I fit fine after I adjusted the seat down. The seat still has a couple inches to slide back.
If you want to see what a tight fitting car feels like try a Pontiac Solstice.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Default XF is OK for BIG guys...

I have an '04 Limited coupe (the tall seats) I just acquired last month. I'm 6 foot, 280 pounds (not athletically built!), and with the seat tilted back jes' a touch (the way I like it), and then moved all the way DOWN, and then BACK, I fit quite comfortably. Yes, the upper part of the seat IS right up against the bulkhead, no wiggle room there. The telescoping wheel helps - wish it tilted, too, but telescoping is way better than nothing!

Getting in and out are something else... but that's addressed in another post.

I'll be really testing the comfort zone on a long drive to Vegas a in a week or two, but so far the wife and I (she's not small, either) find the cabin plenty roomy and comfortable.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MiniCooperS
Hello Crossfire owners.
I am going to be buying a 2004 xfire black on black 6 speed Limited. I have a 2002 Mini Cooper S Electric Blue with the white top/mirrors that I’m going to be selling. Some one told me that the crossfires have horrible leg and head room. Your knees press against the dash and something and you can't slide the seat back any farther to prevent it.
Another person told me that the guy who told me that is full of **** and that they have ALOT of room.
As Crossfire owners I know you don't want to dis your baby in anyway but honestly, what is the deal.

Thanks,
Justin
As indicated, it really depends on your height, your weight, your structure (are you longer in the legs than the body)? I'm 6' even, about 215. And this car fits me perfectly...like a glove head room is just fine...i have about 2 inches above my head.

Go sit in one...but don't just do it once...get in get out…so on. Have a drive.
The car definitely takes time to get used to but, i find if you use your mirrors effectively, you will soon absolutely love riding in this car.

Good luck bud.

Senna