Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Grrr...

Old 06-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grrr...

Sorry guys, but I'm just a little ticked off so I must rant for a second.

First off, my radiator fan went out of the XF. The E19 recall covers XFs starting from 3/1/04, but mine was made in 9/03 so they won't cover replacing the fan. They gave a TSB on how to service the fan motor but it's already dead and a new fan motor I think costs $400. I figured hey, why would I want another junk MB part that's just going to fail in another 9,000 miles (my car only has 9,000 miles on it), so I got on eBay and ordered a new fan, motor, and shroud assembly for $91 Buy it Now from Car Parts Wholesale.

I was excited that I had a new fan motor on the way so cheap. I ordered the part last tuesday 5/29 and I received an order confirmation in my email and a sales bill that said the part was shipped on 5/31, but for some reason I wasn't given a tracking number which I ignored.

I waited and waited until yesterday and it still hadn't been delivered so I called Car Parts Wholesale and they asked if it was bought on an eBay auction and I said yes, so they transferred me to some Indian guy, which I presume was not in America and I could barely understand. The guy finally told me they didn't have any stock to fill my order so they cancelled my order, but they had sent me a bill of sale and a ship date. Luckily, he said they had put the money back into my account.

I'm getting frustrated! The XF has been off the road for a couple weeks because I don't want to take a chance with overheating or blowing a head gasket. One thing for sure is I am going to do the repair MYSELF. I'm getting tired of screwing around trying to get things done for my car!

Old 06-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Grrr...

Damn that sucks, maybe you could install an aftermarket fan from Napa auto parts?