Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Tell me if I shouldn't do this

Old 06-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Location: California [Metro Areas] Napa, San Francisco, Sacramento
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Tell me if I shouldn't do this

I've been thinking this for a while now but it's just a thought... I'm not sure if I'll really do it because I wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good car for no reason. I have an '04 Limited Coupe. It's lovely yes I love it but I love how the srt looks with the spoiler in the back. I JUST bought this '04 so unfortunately... I wouldn't want to bug my dad to buy me an srt because I had that chance already. I was thinking... if there is a way to somehow shut off the power to the spoiler where it won't work anymore, and replace that area with an srt spoiler. But, it's not like there's Srt spoilers just laying around for me to buy. That's why I don't know if what I want to do is possible or not. I'm not one to f up a car, so if this sounds bad... please tell me. Thaaanks. =)

Old 06-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Tell me if I shouldn't do this

Originally Posted by kinkee
I've been thinking this for a while now but it's just a thought... I'm not sure if I'll really do it because I wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good car for no reason. I have an '04 Limited Coupe. It's lovely yes I love it but I love how the srt looks with the spoiler in the back. I JUST bought this '04 so unfortunately... I wouldn't want to bug my dad to buy me an srt because I had that chance already. I was thinking... if there is a way to somehow shut off the power to the spoiler where it won't work anymore, and replace that area with an srt spoiler. But, it's not like there's Srt spoilers just laying around for me to buy. That's why I don't know if what I want to do is possible or not. I'm not one to f up a car, so if this sounds bad... please tell me. Thaaanks. =)
You can remove the fuse to the spoiler which will not allow it to raise. You can buy the SRT spoiler from Chrysler or order it online a little cheaper... It would then mount over the spoiler on your '04. A few have done it on the forum...

Old 06-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

big wing on a slow car ... mmm just not doin it for me ... don't do it ! hahaha ... it looked good when i saw it done on a white crossfire.

seriously though you may live to regret it as the motorized wing is really much more fitting to the power levels of the regular crossfire ... its not overstating what's not under the hood ... mainly the missing 100+ ponies...

but yea order the spoiler from a local dealer willing to give you a better price than you can get at a place like: http://www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/ <-- their database server is down right now ...

Old 06-21-2007, 12:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

should not be to hard... it is harder to put a standard spoiler on an SRT than doing this... if you like how it looks I think it will be a worthy modification for you... not too cheap though... I am sure the spoiler comes at a price and not a shy one either...

Old 06-21-2007, 01:21 AM
Forum Regular

my opinion: i wouldn't do it. the automated spoiler is a feature i would actually miss if i got an srt-6. just think about how many cars have one - not many. the SLR has one to slow it down and the veyron has one (both of these much more highly engineered).

Old 06-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kinkee
Kinkee, everybody has an opinion about the two spoilers, and it simply boils down to what you like, or want.
Personally, I like them both. But if I ever decided to change mine, I would probably try to purchase a complete hatch assembly from a wrecked SRT6.
If you get in touch with LKQ (one of the largest salvage companies in the U.S.) they might be able to locate one for you. But you may have better luck, if you find a reputable body shop to do the "salvage yard shopping" for you, since LKQ caters to body shops, and insurance companies mostly. Or simply watch EBAY. Or check with any local salvage yards in your area that specialize in sports cars. Any body shop could swap them in no time, but of course it will need to be painted since no SRT's came in white.
By purchasing a complete hatch from a wrecked car, you can keep your present hatch assembly in "original" condition. Then if you ever change your mind, or want to sell your car, you can always put it back to the way the factory built it. And that could be a BIG selling point.
Plus, you could then EBAY the hatch that you removed, and possible get alot (if not most) of your money back.
Good Luck.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

another board member has done this... he has a white crossfire and added the srt fixed spoiler and rims... giving it the srt look.

82328232Xfire_Rims_Tinting_jpb_1_1.jpg

~ info link: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ead.php?t=8013

Old 06-21-2007, 02:04 PM

I don't like the SRT rear spoiler, so I wouldn't do it. But if you like it better, that's all that matters now that you know it can be done. Maybe whomever it was in that other post that had theirs done could share the solution to the blinking and beeping issue that occurred when they had it done and you could then be forearmed in how to deal with that.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:33 PM

ah, i figured out a solution to your problem:

1. get a job.
2. tell your dad to take back his present thats not good enough.
3. buy your own.

wah-lah!

Old 06-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Location: California [Metro Areas] Napa, San Francisco, Sacramento

Originally Posted by chrislis

1. get a job.
3. buy your own.

wah-lah!
I usually don't pay attention to what people say about me on here but I really want to stand up for myself on this one...

1. I have a job. Had it for about three years now.

2. It wasn't a present, and I'm definitely not spoiled if that's what you meant by that. Obviously I didn't get a new one!

3. I saved up thousands of dollars on my own for a down payment for almost a year and a half. Thank You.

4. I'm a Senior in High School, give me a break!! And also, I get a lot of crap from people just because I'm young and I have a Crossfire, I worked damn hard for my car, and I deserve, and appreciate, every square inch of it.

It's my car, so what if I want to change the spoiler? =D

You really should think before you speak, and not tell people what you think they are before you know them.

Thaaanks. =)

Old 06-21-2007, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by chrislis

1. get a job.
3. buy your own.

wah-lah!
1. get some manners.
2. tell your mommy she should have raised you better, since your manners are not good enough.
3. don't assume things about others.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:13 PM

And I really don't like flame wars. Probably shouldn't have posted that. But there it is. lol

Happy Thursday, everyone!

Old 06-21-2007, 05:42 PM

1. get a job.
3. buy your own.

wah-lah!

I have to agree you. You should not have posted the comment. Give credit where credit is due. A senior in HS buying a Crossfire themselves. Excellent... My daughter did not buy hers, but she does work to pay her gas, insurance, and other incidentals and she is a senior in HS.

Many of these kids work their tails off. They are into sports, higher level programs plus work for spending money ect. Give them attaboys or attagirls.

Keep it up all of you young adults. Reach for the stars, cause life is short and it goes by quickly. All of us 45 plus understand what I am saying.

Last edited by RMADERMAN; 06-21-2007 at 05:51 PM.