Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Got another one

Old 06-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got another one

I'm just back from the dealer after buying a 2005 Limited coupe. It's Aero Blue to match my SRT-6 roadster. I pick it up tomorrow. Now, I have the roadster for sunny summer days and the coupe as a practical all-weather car. Plus, with it's larger hatchback, I can use the coupe to haul stuff.

Paid $16k with 19,000 miles on the clock. Man, these cars are good buys!

I now have two great cars and one fantastic wife!

Old 06-29-2007, 07:24 PM
RPM
Default Re: Got another one

Originally Posted by radmanly
Paid $16k with 19,000 miles on the clock. Man, these cars are good buys!

I now have two great cars and one fantastic wife!
Man, these prices are unreal. I'd like to have a coupe too, haven't talked my wife in to that yet though.

Congrats, you sly dog you -

Old 06-29-2007, 07:24 PM

Way to go (on the cars). Get a second wife and you would really be the envy of this group.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Forum Regular

The dealer wanted it off his lot. I got it from the local Merc/BMW dealer. They got the car as a trade in April '06. After sitting on his lot for 14 months, he was ready to deal.

Now I'm wondering if I should go ahead and get the oil changed or wait for the wrenches to come on.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they are great deals, the only trouble is all the warrantee work you have to do, on them.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for a car standing that long and not doing what kind of oil they used i would change it and start fresh.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Forum Regular

Yeah, that's probably the safest thing to do. Isn't the "B" service due around 20k anyway? Maybe I'll just get the whole "B" treatment.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Forum Regular

I got the coupe today. The single wrench lights up telling me I need service within the next 200 miles so it's definitely getting an oil change.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by radmanly
Yeah, that's probably the safest thing to do. Isn't the "B" service due around 20k anyway? Maybe I'll just get the whole "B" treatment.

Thanks for the reply.
7,000 on the oil changes!

Old 07-01-2007, 01:39 AM
Forum Regular

I'm actually more worried about time than mileage. I ride the bus to work. I only drive on Saturdays. Now that I have two Crossfires, the mileage I'll be putting on them is minimal, probably less than 2,000 miles/yr on the SRT-6 and less than 4,000 miles/yr on the coupe. At that rate, the SRT-6 will get one oil change every three years and the coupe one every other year. Should I change the oil after a set amount of time or is mileage really all that matters?

Old 07-01-2007, 06:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine sits quite a bit also. I worry more about condensation than to much mileage. I change mine at least once a year, usually in the spring when I put it back on the road.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Forum Regular

Like many secondhand Crossfires, mine is missing the multifunction tool that's supposed to be in the glove box. Does anyone know the Mopar part number for that?

Old 07-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Forum Regular

As for oil changes, I think I'm going to trust the FSS. The manual says it calculates the service intervals based on usage and mileage. If the car sits a long time, the FSS should consider that in its calculation, right?

Old 07-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Forum Regular

Having owned an SRT-6 roadster for a few months as well, here are a few first impressions of the Limited coupe:
  1. There's a lot more cargo space in the coupe than in the roadster.
  2. The SRT-6 definitely feels more powerful but the Limited is still quite peppy. The Limited has more than enough juice to provide for a fun and zippy drive even though it doesn't have the completely unhinged power of the SRT.
  3. The rear spoiler on the Limited is cool!
  4. My Limited has the navigation system. According to the original Chrysler window sticker, it was a $1,200 option when new. I can't believe anybody would pay $1,200 for that! Compared to my wife's Tom-Tom, the Crossfire nav system is tedious and a little ridiculous. Trying to cram nav functions into the little LCD display on the radio just doesn't work.

BTW, are there any updated CD's for the nav system? The ones I got are dated 2004.
  5. Whoever owned this Limited took exceptionally good care of it. It's spotless inside and out (save for a hint of curb rash on one of the rims). My SRT-6 (bought with ~ 320 miles on it) came with some wear on the center console right near the seat belt latches on both sides. It's as though someone had a belt-clipped cell phone that rubbed on it. The SRT interior is black but the Limited's is grey. Does the grey just wear better than the black? I'm amazed that the Limited's interior still looks factory-new after 19,000 miles but my SRT's was already showing wear after 300.
  6. The seats in both are comfortable but the suede inserts in the SRT-6 look better.
  7. The roadster's interior feels bigger than the coupe (and not just because the top is down).
I love 'em both!!

Old 07-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Forum Regular

One other interesting thing...

I bought this from the local Merc/BMW dealer. I asked if they would service the Crossfire given all of its Mercedes parts. The sales guy said "no" but it was more like "heck no!" He said I have to take it to a Chrysler dealer.

I wonder if that attitude was unique to that dealership or is Mercedes' eagerness to dump Chrysler trickling down to all of the dealerships?

Old 07-01-2007, 11:02 PM

I got my '05 with 4,500 miles on the clock for $17,600 drive-out... aero blue autostick.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Forum Regular

Congratulations on finding one with such low miles at such a good price. Both my SRT-6 and Limited are aero blue. Though I think Crossfires look good in all of the available colors, I particularly like aero blue.