Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfires Spotted

Old 06-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfires Spotted

So in the month I've had my car, I've seen exactly three on the road. Today...I saw two, plus 3 more at the Chrysler dealership when I went in to transfer the powertrain warranty. Five in one day. Shocking!

Old 07-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Default Re: Crossfires Spotted

Since I got my '04 a couple of months ago, I see one every couple of days around Lima, Ohio. I seen a white one with a handicap card hanging on the mirror. Good for them, but I was wondering how they get in and out. I can do it ok, but it must be tough for them.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In spite of the fact you are now starting to see a few more Crossfires on the road the other day I was sitting in my office and I happened to look out the window, I called my daughter in (she works in the same office) and told her "that's why I don't think I want an Acura TL"...there were 5 of them in the lot. Really nice car but they are everywhere. Our cars are still few and far between and seeing as this is the last year its most likely to stay that way. This isn't gonna be like the PT Cruiser where you saw very few early on and then it seems everyone had one and I might add didn't take care of them. To many of the later owners I'm sure it was "just a car, just transportation".
Keep you Crossfire clean and polished, be proud of it. Mine is the best car I've ever owned.

Pat

Old 07-01-2007, 01:33 PM

I really liked the new Mustangs, but like you said, they are everywhere!! That's why I picked the Crossfire and it was the best choice I ever made.

Allan

Old 07-02-2007, 03:29 PM

I've had mine about a month and a half now. Don't see them often, though a local dealer has a few dozen on the lot, so that may change, since I live in a town of only 100,000 or so. The company I work for is also smaller - just a few hundred employees at this office, so naturally, my Aero Blue roadster stands out in the parking lot.

A few weeks ago, I pulled into the parking lot in the morning, and there was another crossfire in the space right next to where I usually park. Within a day, almost everyone I knew at work was asking me about the trend I was starting, and asking who had the new Crossfire in the lot. I've got to say, I wasn't too happy to have so quickly lost the 'unique' aspect of my new toy.

A few days later, I waited around in the morning to see if the new Crossfire would show. And it did. Turned out to be a visitor from Corporate, who rented it at O'Hare airport in Chicago, and drove it the 120 miles to our office. With a wife and luggage. They told me that she had to carry a large bag in her lap the whole drive, due to the small trunk in the Roadster.

The next day, they went home, leaving me with the best looking car in the lot again.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

eh wish I was in the same position i see a good 3+ daily...

Old 07-03-2007, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sidez
eh wish I was in the same position i see a good 3+ daily...
I agree, see at least three a day...I am still waiting for all the compliments and stares that everyone talks about too?!?

Old 07-03-2007, 08:50 PM

I drive to Manhattan every day, through the Holland tunnel. I've seen Crossfires in the tunnel at least once a week, usually on the commute home.

They're not seeing another one, because my daily driver is a Nissan Murano.

I would never take my Crossfire into the city for a daily commute. It's hard enough to survive the lane merges into the tunnel in an SUV. I can't imagine merging from 6 lanes to one in a Crossfire.