Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Extended Warranty???

Old 07-30-2007, 05:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Extended Warranty???

Greetings All,

Sorry if this is in the wrong area for posting, but I'm a newbie to the forum since I bought my '04 on Friday. Might need to find a car therapist as I think falling in love with your car is something "Freudian". LOL, JK. (Anyone name theirs? I just refer to mine as my new go-fast).

So if I ask a dumb question or two from time to time, please accept my apologies in advance. I've been lurking in the forum for the past 2 days, and actually spent my morning at work looking things up and getting answers to my questions. You guys (and ladies too) are awesome.

The car has 39K on the clock, and I'm looking at Extended Warranties. Of course the dealer can offer me one, but its expensive as all dealer items are.

Anyone have an EW that they are happy with that provides good coverage? I drive a lot of miles a year (around 25k+) and need one that will last me a while. I had one for my truck, 3 year unlimited miles, but my repair place said the company (Great Atlantic) was ok, but not great.

I'll be taking it to this shop from now on as they do good work on a variety of vehicles, including a lot of custom stuff. The people that own it go to my gym so I've gotten to know them pretty well. So no worries about quality workmanship and they actually gave me the heads up when I told them I was considering the Crossfire that it was a nice, reliable car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Extended Warranty???

Do a search and you will find tons of opinions on extended warranties. I bought one from the dealer, but so far haven't needed it, so I can't say if it is good or not. Keep in mind that if you are the second owner you can transfer the 7yr/70K mile powertrain warranty for a small fee.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by C_Plunkett
Keep in mind that if you are the second owner you can transfer the 7yr/70K mile powertrain warranty for a small fee.
I just recently purchased mine from a used car place near by and they implied the 7/70 was inherent to the car, not something that required paperwork to transfer. Is this something I should follow up on?

Side note: I purchased the 10/100K extended warranty offered by the same shop noted above. The Co is used on all their cars, from ours up to Ferrari they sold last month. I read the paperwork before purchase but that is the limit of my investigation with it. I've owned extended warranty on Many other vehicles (all other than the Harley and MX-6 GT I bought from private parties) but I haven't ever used it. I am very skeptical in purchasing any buyer protection and such but have always done so with my vehicles and high dollar home purchases. Water heater, AC and such.

All this above, I sadly don't feel like I added much to the discussion at hand. lol!

Old 07-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Forum Regular

The 7/70 powertrain warranty is only transferable to the second owner by paying a transfer fee. I've seen posts stating the fee as anything from $50 to $150. I think the warranty documentation says $150. The 7/70 has a $100 deductible, so if you've already got a different extended warranty, it might not be worth the fee to you.