Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Bad Chrysler Warranty - BEWARE discontinued parts!!

Old 08-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad Chrysler Warranty - BEWARE discontinued parts!!

OK all - beware - and if you know how to help me - please let me know - I love this car!

I have a factory 3 year 36k bumper to bumper warranty on my '05 Crossfire Limited. I posted last week about an interior light problem.

The problem is, the upgraded module will not work completely in the vehicle, and now that the lights inside work, the rear tail fin will no longer work.

Chrysler Corporate told me: "it is your responsibility to go to someone that manufactures the part aftermarket, or go to a salvage yard and pull one out of a crashed vehicle, pay for it out of pocket, bring it to your dealer and pay to have them install it - then if anything goes wrong with the vehicle, your warranty is void".

I was advised by this same Chrysler employee "Josh" that "Chrysler no longer manufactures this part, so we can not help you with a replacement part".

ON A 2005!!!

I am in the process of filling out consumer protection paperwork.

Anyone that is an attorney that thinks they can help me - have at it. I am so at a loss right now. I have asked over and over again for cooperation, and it is not happening - I have a stinking factory warranty!

I live in MO and bought the car in MO - it is a Certified Chrysler Vehicle.

Please help!

Michelle

Old 08-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Bad Chrysler Warranty - BEWARE discontinued parts!!

Maybe a quick call to Will from the new Chrysler post: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...light=chrysler

Better yet a call and follow up post so we can all see how much the "new" Chrysler cares about us...

Old 08-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Bad Chrysler Warranty - BEWARE discontinued parts!!

Michelle...Find another dealer, thats a bunch of crap they just don't know what they are doing. In my earlier post I should have specified make sure they have a "Competent" Certified XFire Tech! There are alot of techs that are certified, but this doesn't mean they are competent. If the car is still under warranty then they have to fix it. Try and get the part number for the module (if that truly is the problem) and post it or PM me and I will check with my Tech. I have a great Tech who is very competent...his father actually owns an XFire. I will see if I can pick his brain to see if he can help.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:28 PM

SRT Six - I will do that - thanks.

Crossfire LTD - I did as you asked, the cooperation is there from the existing dealer with a certified tech as well as the dealer I bought it with - I went in to see them in person today.

This is a Chrysler Corporate issue and they told me directly that Mopar is no longer manufacturing the part that is defective.

If it was as simple as a new tech, I would do it - Corporate told me that "since the part is no longer manufactured by Mopar that there are no available factory parts - period".

Old 08-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just out of curiosity, what would be the difference between this part on a 2005 compared to the same part on a 2006 model. Or 2007? I thought that almost nothing had changed in these cars through the (very few) years of production.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought federal law required car manufacturers to supply spare parts for ten years.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:19 PM

Try PMing HDDP. He has removed several parts from his racing model and if he can't help you, he has a person he trusts for parts and things.

Greg

Old 08-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

There was one on ebay in the last two weeks, but i can't find listed anymore. I'll keep an eye out for one. Here is what it looks like:

Old 08-11-2007, 01:08 AM

Is the part really manufactured by Mopar or by one of Mercedes affiliates?

Old 08-11-2007, 03:08 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
Maybe a quick call to Will from the new Chrysler post https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...light=chrysler

Better yet a call and follow up post so we can all see how much the "new" Chrysler cares about us...
But notice that Will's e-mail address is BBDO which is the advertising agency that Chrysler uses... Trust me I shoot commercials for BBDO...

Old 08-11-2007, 03:11 AM

So what part do you need ?

It sounds like you have something else going on in the car if I understand your original post...

Old 08-11-2007, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by HDDP
But notice that Will's e-mail address is BBDO which is the advertising agency that Chrysler uses... Trust me I shoot commercials for BBDO...
You have probably worked with Camera Ready Cars. I used to work at Metalcrafters / Camera Ready Cars.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:34 AM

This scares me because I'm thinking of getting a crossfire - they had to fix one of the interior lights and it has an engine check problem - I think the engine management module needs to be replaced. I'm assuming a different type of module needed to be replaced for your light?

Old 08-11-2007, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by radmanly
I thought federal law required car manufacturers to supply spare parts for ten years.
I just asked this question on yahoo answers - Maybe there is a lawyer on there that'll answer this rumor. I've been unable to find concrete information on this issue through google.

here's the link

Here's another link-posted it in a different section.

Last edited by Louie K; 08-11-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Louie K
This scares me because I'm thinking of getting a crossfire - they had to fix one of the interior lights and it has an engine check problem - I think the engine management module needs to be replaced. I'm assuming a different type of module needed to be replaced for your light?
Don't get hung up the fact the ECU needs to be changed, the CEL will almost certainly be caused by something else like a sensor or wiring problem. The whole point of the CEL is to indicate a fault has occurred or is still present. The key to it, like HDDP says, st to get the codes that the dealer scanned when they hooked up the scanner. This will give you a clue as to the real problem. An analogy is a fire alarm; if the alarm goes off, you don't think, I better order a new alarm, you assume there is a fire somewhere.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:46 PM

Boy do I love you guys!

Here's where I am at as of today - the part is:

HW: 46/02 SW 27/03
Mercedes #
193-820-00-26

The Mopar part on the box will read 05189811AA but the modulator inside needs to have the Mercedes number from above on it or it won't work - the spoiler will not work.

SRTX - no response from Will - I posted a nice note to him about my owner's manual telling me WARNING - do not drive vehicle over 60 mph if the spoiler is not working - will affect EBS and the traction control. HOW REASSURING!

HDDP, MI1XFIRE and CrossfireLTD - as well as everyone else, - thanks again.

Also, can the spoiler be replaced with the stationary SRT6 spoiler on the Limited, then I won't have an issue?

Thanks!
Michelle

Old 08-13-2007, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Michelle
Boy do I love you guys!

Here's where I am at as of today - the part is:

HW: 46/02 SW 27/03
Mercedes #
193-820-00-26

The Mopar part on the box will read 05189811AA but the modulator inside needs to have the Mercedes number from above on it or it won't work - the spoiler will not work.

SRTX - no response from Will - I posted a nice note to him about my owner's manual telling me WARNING - do not drive vehicle over 60 mph if the spoiler is not working - will affect EBS and the traction control. HOW REASSURING!

HDDP, MI1XFIRE and CrossfireLTD - as well as everyone else, - thanks again.

Also, can the spoiler be replaced with the stationary SRT6 spoiler on the Limited, then I won't have an issue?

Thanks!
Michelle
Well we love you too Michelle.

So, here's the deal on your part... 05189811AA It's the body control module...The cost is $245.60 from Lenny @ ChryslerPartsDirect.com 888.528.2200 (wholesale parts mgr.) It is in stock at the Chrysler parts warehouse in NJ and can be delivered to you in 48 hours...

Old 08-13-2007, 02:46 PM

As far as replacing the motorized wing with that of the SRT6, you're asking for more trouble $$$ than it's worth... Trust us, we don't just play doctors on TV, we are doctors !!!

Old 08-13-2007, 03:23 PM

Wow - that was quick! My dealer will call and make sure that the Mercedes # is on the actual part, that's been the problem all along - you have no idea how much I appreciate all the help - I truly want to keep this car, but man is Chrysler giving me a bad taste in my mouth. They should PAY people like you who will give more customer service ideas than the trained monkey operators at their so called Customer Care Center - what a crock!

Old 08-13-2007, 03:49 PM

HDDP - Thanks for helping, I am back at square one - the part Lenny can get is the updated Chrysler part, not the original Mercedes part, which still won't make my spoiler work unfortunately. I really appreciated the lead however. If anyone has a friend at Mercedes - I am game.

Quick Reply: Bad Chrysler Warranty - BEWARE discontinued parts!!