Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Dwindling inventories?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dwindling inventories?

Here in the Twin Cities, I've been monitoring Crossfire inventories through cars.com since about January. Up until a few weeks ago, there were always around 45-50 Crossfires for sale within 50 miles of my zip code. Now, it's dropped to 40. Are dealers finally clearing out the backlog?

Old 08-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Default Re: Dwindling inventories?

Hey Radmanly,

I've only been watching the SRT-6's lately (since I bought one a month ago), but I'd say only about 3 or 4 of the Twin Cities dealers have any inventory. I drove to Monticello, Brooklyn Park and Roseville to see what they had before driving to Ohio for a pretty good deal on an Aero Blue coupe. The Roseville dealer had the most Limited models (around 10 to 15) while also having around 3 or 4 SRT-6's. I just noticed a SRT-6 pop up out in Waconia within the last couple of days with under 20 miles on it. They're still around, but I can't imagine they'll have them for much longer. Dealers have got to be nervous as used ones are popping up with really low mileage from private sellers. Great time to buy one!

P.S. Have you clicked on the 'Mid-west' thread and found the Minnesota link? Wondering if anyone else from the Twin Cities might go to the Wings & Wheels event in Oseola.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by radmanly
Here in the Twin Cities, I've been monitoring Crossfire inventories through cars.com since about January. Up until a few weeks ago, there were always around 45-50 Crossfires for sale within 50 miles of my zip code. Now, it's dropped to 40. Are dealers finally clearing out the backlog?
At the Prices they are going for nationwide, they must be. However, we don't know how many more 2005s Chrysler has to put through the Auctions? I believe the last of 2005 "New" SRT6 Roadsters have been auctioned and there are now only a few left for sale in the US, at $33,XXX & above, mainly in MN, (Suburban has 3 Black SRT Roadsters with under 100 miles @ $33,999).
But Tarpon Dodge in FL, just got another 6 "New" SRT6 Coupes with under 100 miles this past week & have been selling them Quickly at Under $25,000.

Last edited by SilverFox; 08-16-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 16Vjab
Hey Radmanly,

I've only been watching the SRT-6's lately (since I bought one a month ago), but I'd say only about 3 or 4 of the Twin Cities dealers have any inventory. I drove to Monticello, Brooklyn Park and Roseville to see what they had before driving to Ohio for a pretty good deal on an Aero Blue coupe. The Roseville dealer had the most Limited models (around 10 to 15) while also having around 3 or 4 SRT-6's. I just noticed a SRT-6 pop up out in Waconia within the last couple of days with under 20 miles on it. They're still around, but I can't imagine they'll have them for much longer. Dealers have got to be nervous as used ones are popping up with really low mileage from private sellers. Great time to buy one!

P.S. Have you clicked on the 'Mid-west' thread and found the Minnesota link? Wondering if anyone else from the Twin Cities might go to the Wings & Wheels event in Oseola.
I show ten SRTs on my cars.com list here in the Cities. The majority of cars available overall seem to be '05 Limited roadsters. Since my first post, the count has dropped to 39. This is the first time I've seen it below 40. I think people are catching on that these cars are really great deals.

I won't be in Oseola but if you go, take pics and give us a report.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:00 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I show ten SRTs on my cars.com list here in the Cities. The majority of cars available overall seem to be '05 roadsters. Since my first post, the count has dropped to 39. This is the first time I've seen it below 40. I think people are catching on that these cars are really great deals.

I won't be in Oseola but if you go, take pics and give us a report.
Great, once inventories are depleted or at least low, then the demand should be higher than the supply. That should stabilize the price of our cars.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Forum Regular

FP,

Are you seeing the same pattern in Chicago or is this just a local Twin Cities trend?

Old 08-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the total number of available crossfires is of course depleting it is not very noticeable now, but in a year or so it will be...

Old 08-17-2007, 12:19 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like it... I spoke with my parts guy in NJ today and he said they're selling like hot cakes back east since they dropped the prices...

Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sidez
the total number of available crossfires is of course depleting it is not very noticeable now, but in a year or so it will be...
Hey SIDEZ, you're in NJ... DUH... If you ever get a chance to swing by Lexington Auto Mall the homebase of: ChryslerPartsDirect.com. Ask for Lenny in the wholesale parts department... and just give him a BIG HUG for me...

Old 08-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Forum Regular

Is there one particular site to check out nationwide inventories? You guys in Ohio seem to have a handle on what's out your way. There is virtually little or no inventory on the east coast (LI) and I'd love to know if the car I'm looking for to replace mine when the time comes exists out there somewhere. Thanks.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:39 AM
RPM

Originally Posted by buggy4crossfires
Is there one particular site to check out nationwide inventories? You guys in Ohio seem to have a handle on what's out your way. There is virtually little or no inventory on the east coast (LI) and I'd love to know if the car I'm looking for to replace mine when the time comes exists out there somewhere. Thanks.
I mostly use Cars.com, Autotrader.com, and eBay to find them (for my VIN research). You can punch in your zip and find out how far they are from you.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HDDP
Hey SIDEZ, you're in NJ... DUH... If you ever get a chance to swing by Lexington Auto Mall the homebase of: ChryslerPartsDirect.com. Ask for Lenny in the wholesale parts department... and just give him a BIG HUG for me...
Hm... Lexington Auto Mall?!? Never been there are you sure it is in New Jersey?

Old 08-17-2007, 08:10 PM

Thanks for keeping up with this; I am looking for an SRT6, Black and these fit the bill!

Old 08-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gabrielle
Thanks for keeping up with this; I am looking for an SRT6, Black and these fit the bill!
You're Welcome!
You should be able to get one of Suburbans' (3) "New' Black ones for $32,XXX?
& Tarpon's Used under 10,000 mi Black SRT6 Roadster for $27,XXX?
My Best & Good Luck! (& Don't wait too long or they will be gone).

Bill

Last edited by SilverFox; 08-17-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:15 PM

I wish there was a website that listed production numbers of every crossfire color combo and trim for every year...

Old 08-18-2007, 01:20 AM

Gabrielle,

Bonham Chrylser has several SRT Roadsters with low miles, in Bonham, TX (North East TX).

May be worth a look.

SQ

Old 08-18-2007, 07:02 AM
RPM

Originally Posted by Louie K
I wish there was a website that listed production numbers of every crossfire color combo and trim for every year...
As do we.
I have contacted Chrysler many times regarding production numbers and the breakdown (paint, nav, etc.).