Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Hey guys ~ here's some new pics of my Crossey

Old 09-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey guys ~ here's some new pics of my Crossey

Howdy from the "Land of the Morning Calm" (AKA Korea).

Haven't been too active on the board recently, and thought I share with y'alls some pics (I've been steadily upgrading my car in the past few months, and would love to hear your opinions). I honestly think the only thing left for me to do is the Kleemann supercharger, and intend on doing so during the winter months while my car is stowed away.

Wish me luck people!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SL700255_1.JPG (191.4 KB, 162 views)
SL700252_1.JPG (250.7 KB, 135 views)
SL700256_1.JPG (232.5 KB, 131 views)
SL700259_1.JPG (220.8 KB, 115 views)
SL700260_1.JPG (233.6 KB, 152 views)
SL700258_1.JPG (207.2 KB, 106 views)
SL700253_1.JPG (227.6 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by xfirecorea; 09-10-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hey guys ~ here's some new pics of my Crossey

not seeing the pics man.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sidez
not seeing the pics man.
Umm... not quite sure what the problem is ~ let me try sorting it out.

Last edited by xfirecorea; 09-10-2007 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:16 AM

This is seriously ridiculous. My firm's cyber-security system is encrypting all file / pic uploads and scrambling it so that the file is not recognized. I guess I will have to go home before uploading the pics. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:35 AM

Alrighty ~ took forever but finally uploaded the pics off of my home PC. Enjoy.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:33 AM

beautiful car you have man... how do you like the brakes and how much did they run you? also the Startech rear wing and roof spoiler is it in the pics? or am i missing something?

Old 09-10-2007, 07:54 AM

beautiful car you have man... how do you like the brakes and how much did they run you? also the Startech rear wing and roof spoiler is it in the pics? or am i missing something?
Thanks for the compliment. The Stoptech Brake Kit cost me a pretty penny being that the cost of every single aftermarket product for the Crossfire / SLK 170 is nearly double the cost of US retail prices. Let's just say I could have bought a used 300ZX TT (pre-1993) instead of these brakes... ouch. They are still in the breaking-in period, meaning the caliper pads haven't completely "morphed" properly... I say I should drive about 50km or so more before I do some full braking runs. Can't wait for those negative Gs!!

As for the Startech rear spoiler/wing, it is indeed in the pictures. The height of the wing is increased by about 2 inches when the wing is deployed. The roof spoiler is not in the pics, since I had them removed temporarily ~ they are so light that they keep on getting detached in high speeds!!

I am posting some older pics of the Startech products for your reference sidez... Enjoy.

Attached Images
img19[1].jpg (77.2 KB, 64 views)
img57[1].jpg (75.8 KB, 81 views)
img12[1].jpg (70.1 KB, 60 views)
img13[1].jpg (91.1 KB, 67 views)
img14[1].jpg (71.7 KB, 78 views)
img15[1].jpg (70.7 KB, 64 views)
img17[1].jpg (65.2 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by xfirecorea; 09-10-2007 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:01 AM

Very nice, i love the rims.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Done! I really like the rear spoiler.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:35 AM

The Startech rear wing spoiler was an absolute pain in the **** to install, being that the product I received was actually warped... the tuning shop I frequent had to actually sand down and carve out the irregularities before painting... honestly, I was very disappointed in the craftsmanship of the product being that its price was well above average. Besides, it was a STARTECH product, and I had expected nothing less than a perfect product.

Last edited by xfirecorea; 09-10-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:18 PM

xfirecorea,

Very nice tasteful mods. Whose lowering kit did you use? I really hadn't thought about it till I saw how good yours looks. I also like the circular exhaust tips. Very nice.

Can I assume that the rear diffuser is also from Startech? Was it also warped or did it go on easily? You color matched it as well, correct.

I am putting some final touches on a similar diffuser I plan to offer on the forum. It appears that the Startech one is made of molded polystyrene. Mine is solid poly carbonate, extremely strong. I can't make it thicker because of cost and weight but will add an edge to look similar to the Startech. We have been told it was discontinued. How long have you had it? Here is the proto type compared to yours.

Nice job on the photos, you captured the "glow" in the bright sun without washing it out. Fiercely clean and shiny.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Forum Regular

Nice ride! Those OZ wheels look really hot on this car. Are you still running 18s front and 19s rear? The brakes are really nice too. Are they compatible with the ESP?

Old 09-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Thumbs up Re: Hey guys ~ here's some new pics of my Crossey

Very Good Looking Rims! Real clean car, thanks for the pics.

SF

Last edited by SilverFox; 09-25-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:55 PM

nice i like the rims.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:34 PM

thanks for posting the pics and answering my questions but as you know when someone does mods I keep brining up questions...

I like both spoilers but the rear wing spoiler is unusable to me.. and about the roof spoiler can you tell us more about it... like what do you mean it falls off? and have you had it removed permanently? are you unhappy about it?

and as for comments... well you have a very tastefully modded crossfire I second just about everything on there... well minus the rims...

Old 09-10-2007, 06:43 PM
RPM

Car looks great. Nice pics.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:38 PM

Wow very impressive. I too have questions. What size rims and tires are you running? Also what lowering kit do you have?

Old 09-10-2007, 07:47 PM

the car looks awesome when I pick mine up this month those are some of the exact mods i'd like to so awesome man ... keep it up.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
xfirecorea,

Very nice tasteful mods. Whose lowering kit did you use? I really hadn't thought about it till I saw how good yours looks. I also like the circular exhaust tips. Very nice.

Can I assume that the rear diffuser is also from Startech? Was it also warped or did it go on easily? You color matched it as well, correct.

I am putting some final touches on a similar diffuser I plan to offer on the forum. It appears that the Startech one is made of molded polystyrene. Mine is solid poly carbonate, extremely strong. I can't make it thicker because of cost and weight but will add an edge to look similar to the Startech. We have been told it was discontinued. How long have you had it? Here is the proto type compared to yours.

Nice job on the photos, you captured the "glow" in the bright sun without washing it out. Fiercely clean and shiny.
First off, thanks for the compliments. To answer some of your questions, I am using a Eibach Pro-kit for my springs (very nice effect), and the tips you see are part of Borla cat-back exhaust (honestly, I think the tips are a bit on the small side).

As for the rear diffuser, I ordered them from CTD-Germany about 1 year ago, and I can tell you right now that it is not the Startech found on the Startech Crossfires. Not quite sure what the CTD diffuser is made of, but what I can tell you is that it is HEAVY and SOLID - almost as if it was made out of oak... lol.

You can browse through some of my upgrades by referring to my signature. I have most of them listed.

By the way, I think you did a fantastic job on the diffusers, and would be quite interested in the final results. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by xfirecorea; 09-11-2007 at 02:07 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:19 PM

thanks for posting the pics and answering my questions but as you know when someone does mods I keep brining up questions...

I like both spoilers but the rear wing spoiler is unusable to me.. and about the roof spoiler can you tell us more about it.. like what do you mean it falls off? and have you had it removed permanently? are you unhappy about it?

and as for comments... well you have a very tastefully modded crossfire I second just about everything on there... well minus the rims..
Asking questions is a good thing! ^^ What happened with the Startech roof spoiler is this: the piece came with two strips of adhesive double sided tape, and also with some adhesive glue. After I had sanded the product and had it painted to match my car, I installed it on the rear window (above the 3rd brake light) using only the materials that were provided. Obviously, this was not enough. During driving, I believe that wind currents seeped into the gap between the spoiler and the glass, and at high speeds the thing began to seriously detach itself. What I need to do is reattach the spoiler, and this time, use some type of silicon sealant around the entire product so that air does not seep underneath the spoiler. I simply just did not have the time to do so... and hope to work on it soon.

Hope this answers your question.

Last edited by xfirecorea; 09-10-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Hey guys ~ here's some new pics of my Crossey