Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Chrysler Max Care Extended Warranty Todk64

Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler Max Care Extended Warranty Todk64

Originally Posted by scoutermike
Thanks for the help Tod. I got a quote of $1,800 for the 7/70 bumper to bumper. The wife is balking at it but I think it's not a bad deal.

Mike
I just got a 7/85K for 1880 I am very happy

Old 01-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maxcarclub
Tod,
I am thinking about purchasing a 2006 Limited Roadster with only 8000 miles on it. However, it was originally purchased by a rental car company in April 2007. it is now for sale at a GM dealership near me.
Can I get the max care plan on it? If so, what would it cost me with a $50 dedcutible?
Need to know the last 8 of the VIN# and how many miles. I've been quoting most people 7/70 MaxCare plans. Get me the info and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks again,
Tod

Old 01-14-2008, 11:46 AM

Tod,

#56X062252. Again it was purchased by a rental car company and has 8,000 miles on it.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Forum Regular

tod could you check prices for a 2004 limited coupe. 31,000 miles VIN# Last 8 DIgits 4X009662. I would like 0 deductable if possible.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by rakoom2002
tod could you check prices for a 2004 limited coupe. 31,000 miles VIN# Last 8 DIgits 4X009662. I would like 0 deductable if possible.
Consider how many miles you will realistically drive your car before committing to a warranty. I shopped around and most every "dealer" tried to sell me the top mileage warranty when there is no way I will reach that. Most people will try to sell you the highest mileage warranty. That might not be what is right for you, but it will be what makes the most money for the dealership. Just an fyi and my opinion.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:30 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, i need a quote. i have a '05 roadster. last 8 digits are: 5x043058. current mileage is 31186. please let me know what options i have and how much it will cost. thanks.

eric

Old 02-26-2008, 07:07 PM

Tod,

I replied to your PM but got this message:

todk64 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:36 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i too got the exceeded space msg when sending a pm. tod, where are you?

Originally Posted by eruby
ok, i need a quote. i have a '05 roadster. last 8 digits are: 5x043058. current mileage is 31186. please let me know what options i have and how much it will cost. thanks.

eric

Old 02-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Forum Regular

Ok guys, Here's the whole deal. For those of you who haven't heard I'm at a seperate location about 30miles north of our Chrysler store. I can still forward this information to my people in Lima. I need a PM sent with YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND A TIME TO REACH YOU. I can't promise how long it will be to get back to you though. I hate dropping the ball on this, but the only choice I now have is to either pull the plug and no longer help with this at all, or it may take several days to get back to you. I'm sorry about the delay, but I really don't have the time to devote to this like I would like to. Please bear with me.

Thanks again,
Tod Kitchen

Old 03-07-2008, 05:35 AM

Thanks Todd. I received a fax from your office for the extended warrantee. Will I be receiving any additional paperwork?

I figure that I saved $200-300 going through you rather than my dealer in Miami.

Someone else at the dealer had a carmax warrantee. They were having problems getting an ok from them and had to provide multiple reasons for the work. unlike the Chrysler warrantee.

Again thanks for your assistance and your participation on the Crossfire Forum.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:24 AM

Damn!!! I just got quoted $3,500 for a 5 year warranty. That's just plain ridiculous.

I have to buy a contract quick because I'm having the "limp mode" tranny problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I know Todd is busy right now.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MannyTwoTwo
Damn!!! I just got quoted $3,500 for a 5 year warranty. That's just plain ridiculous.

I have to buy a contract quick because I'm having the "limp mode" tranny problem.
I had a very good experience with www.chryslerservicecontracts.com. Got the best price I could find after an extensive search. You can get an immediate quote on line and then follow up on the 800 number. The contract can be finalized within minutes with a credit card. Yes, it is an official Chrysler Maximum Care contract.

I think that it would be wise to get an extended contract on any Crossfire that qualifies. The power train warranty (even if it is life time) just will not cover all of the expensive repairs that can or will pop up on these vehicles.

Last edited by corfire; 03-08-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:29 AM

Thanks corfire.... The online quote for the Maximum Care - 7 yrs - 100k miles came in at $1,575.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Forum Regular

Thanks corfire.... The online quote for the Maximum Care - 7 yrs - 100k miles came in at $1,575.
Make sure to double check at the 800 Tel. #. I think the guy that runs the web site for a dealer is Mr. Case. He is very knowledgeable. I got my contract for $1,380 a couple of months ago. But, it was for 7 yrs - 60K miles and 0 deductible. As stated in this thread, the prices vary depending on several factors. He will need your VIN. Good Luck! When I paid with CC over the phone, I receive an almost immediate confirmation via e-mail while I was on the phone, and then a follow-up paper contract about a week later.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:56 AM

Great info...Thanks again.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by corfire
I had a very good experience with www.chryslerservicecontracts.com. Got the best price I could find after an extensive search. You can get an immediate quote on line and then follow up on the 800 number. The contract can be finalized within minutes with a credit card. Yes, it is an official Chrysler Maximum Care contract.

I think that it would be wise to get an extended contract on any Crossfire that qualifies. The power train warranty (even if it is life time) just will not cover all of the expensive repairs that can or will pop up on these vehicles.
I called Todd a couple of weeks ago and gave him my phone number and he said someone would call me. Todd was very helpful, even though he didn't have to be. He's really not in this biz any longer and has more ***** in the air right now than he can juggle. I didn't get a call for a few days and my time period to extend the 7/70 powertrain warranty was about to expire. I got what I thought was a great quote on the www.chrytlerservicecontracts.com website, which is really just another dealer sellng the contracts at a low margin. I spoke with the guy there and found a couple of glitches in the quote system and it turned out to be a little higher than I anticipated. I have 45,000 miles on my '04 and extended the warranty under the MaxCare with $100 deductible for something like $1600 for the 7 year, 85,000 mile version. For my car, that's 3 more years and 40,000 miles. I didn't do the $150 buy back because once a claim is made, the buy back goes away. That would make the first claim in essence $250. They also did the $150 powertrain warranty transfer. They have a 12 month no intewrest payment option, but there is a service fee that makes it really about a 5% interest rate. After reading about the problems here, I bought the warranty. Feel good about it. I will be covered for most things while I'm making the car payments. CarMax replaced the seat heaters on the driver seat and one of the headlamps and I can buff out the minor hazing on the other. Since I only paid $15,000 for the car, I feel comfortable with the deal and the car is super. My wife drives in mostly. We still get excited when we see the few other Crossfires in Dallas. We have the graphite and are very pleased with the color.

The day after I bought the warranty a woman called from Todd's shop. She apologized for the delay and then looked me up and saw I had just bought the warranty. She said it was a good deal and the same as I could have gotten from them.

David

Old 03-10-2008, 06:46 PM

MannyTwoTwo,

I am also in the market to buy an extended warranty. Are you sure about the price on that contract...are you sure they quoted you a Max Care at 7yr/100K miles? That's a very good price! Also, what deductible amount did you get with that price quote?

Also, how long ago did you purchase your car and how many miles do you have on it now?

Thanks

Old 03-10-2008, 06:49 PM

I called the 800 number and they verified the quote. I purchased my 04 back in Dec/07. My current mileage is 47k and my deductible is $0. The contract is a MaxCare.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Forum Regular

Hey Guys,
I just got off of the phone with Ruth (Finance Manager - Tom Ahl Chrysler) and she's willing to go to work for us. What I need from you is a little patience as well as a phone number, time to reach you, the last 8 of your VIN and current miles. This needs to be sent to me in a PM. At that point I've been printing them out and faxing them from Findlay to her at my Lima Store. I'll be able to check on these a few times a week, and then she's making the calls when she can between deals.

To those of you who have slipped through the cracks, I'm very sorry. If you have sent something in, but haven't been contacted yet, please re-send the PM to me. I just deleted about 100 older PM's and I will try to stay on top of these. The people in this forum have been good to me, and I'll continue to do what I can.

One other thing on price... Deductible, Term, and Miles all play a big part. Also if the warranty can be refunded. I'm not here to get rich on service contracts. We are charging a flat fee over dealer cost on all plans. Thanks again for everyone's understanding and I will try to get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,
Tod

Old 03-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Forum Regular

I called the 800 number and they verified the quote. I purchased my 04 back in Dec/07. My current mileage is 47k and my deductible is $0. The contract is a MaxCare.
Congratulations Manny TwoTwo! It sounds as though you got the same very fast (basically same day), knowledgeable, and courteous service as I did from: www.chryslerservicecontracts.com

That web site and 800 Tel. number is operated by Michael Case for Champion Chrysler / Jeep / Dodge of Barrington, Illinois. My understanding is that’s all Mr. Case does for them. I continue to recommend him and would be surprised if anyone could find a better price for a Maximum Care Service Contract.

Last edited by corfire; 03-11-2008 at 12:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Max Care Extended Warranty Todk64