Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Bad Review...

Old 11-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Bad Review...

Here's a review of our Crossfire's I've never seen before. To put it mildly, the guy doesn't think much of the Crossfire...

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...9/ai_n12754716

Old 11-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Bad Review...

The person who wrote that article probably never even drove one, and he's probably basing his review on an article he read. He obviously knows nothing about the crossfire, and he sounds like a jack ***! He actually called chrysler to ask why the wing can be raised manually??? He's a brainless twit!

Old 11-04-2007, 12:17 PM

People that write that kinda stuff to amuze themselves, actually kinda amuze me. It is kinda like watching a comedy so outragously stupid, you find a little humor in dumbness. I wouldn't give him quite that much credit, but with a little more work, he'll get there.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Bad Review...

How can I put this...He's an arrogant, misinformed idiot and suffers from "cerebral rectal displacement"...that about sums it up!

Old 11-04-2007, 01:45 PM

I knew there was somethin' stinky about that article...

Old 11-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you expect from a Brit. He makes it sound like this is the first car that has a spoiler that comes up, and he states the following.

"Any claims that it performs a serious aerodynamic function are wholly undermined by the fact that there is a button on the centre console that allows the driver to raise or lower it at will."

If he drove the car he would have known that by pushing the down botton when the spoiler has gone up on its own, it will not allow you to put it down.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by acrispy1
f he drove the car he would have known that by pushing the down botton when the spoiler has gone
up on its own, it will not allow you to put it down.
Yes you can, if the car is going slower than the speed at which it automatically deployed...

Old 11-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Opinions are like as_holes, everybody has one. Only problem here is an as_hole wrote the article.
Go drive your mini cooper.

Pat

Old 11-04-2007, 02:41 PM

I doubt he had driven a Crossfire - he doesn't say he has, he does say he has a TT, or at least practices drawing one... probably 16 and gets the tube into work...

The point about the new SLK being released is fair but the cost of the new SLK puts it in a very different league to the old SLK.

The bit about the V6 being quick in a straight line - and by inference hence slow in curves lost on me.

Idiot review but each to his own.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Would suit Medallion men called Ken"

Lasted I checked my name isn't Ken

Old 11-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No, it doesn't sound as if he actually spent any time driving the car at all. And his writing style, lack of enthusiasm and absence of humor must make him a real bore compared to his better known countryman, Jeremy Clarkson.

Clarkson's negative comments about the Crossfire are well known hereabouts, but even he chose the Crossfire Roadster over the Nissan 350Z Roadster and Audi TT Roadster in a subsequent installment of Top Gear when the three lads drove them all in Iceland for a few days.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:06 AM
Forum Regular

Maybe He's just sour because his fellow Brits can't make a decent car or even maintain a British car company????

Old 11-05-2007, 01:04 AM

I'm proud to be a Brit..but Sadly, I agree with you, about our current motor industry or lack of it. And Mr Clarkson is a first class D...K head. and I'm not alone in the UK thinking that.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good find Ben. Compared to the other reviews I have read it wasn't that harsh. It was obvious that he has a fueled hatred of all American cars and has no business reviewing them. However, his article is pretty is not that far off base once you scrape off the sarcasm. I love the car but I have never been impressed with the wing; it's a novelty item that looks like a throw back to the Fast and the Furious. The interior is definitely spartan, but I am probably one of the few that actually love the interior design and material. I have had the tuck and roll upholstery, trimmed door panels, and padded dash and they do look great when new but in time develops tears and holds the grime. The body style is definitely a personal thing you either love it like we do or not, there is not too many in the middle. I have to agree with Mike-in-Orange, I don't think he actually drove the car, because all of his comments were about styling and nothing about handling or performance. Had he driven the car he would probably commented about the throttle lag.

It will be interesting to see what is said about our Crossfire twenty years from now, those will be the comments that count as long as they don't just regurgitate the old material.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:01 AM

its funny how these same so called experts loved the mechanicals of the 2001 slk 320 they use words like silky smooth great effortless in curves they are all full of crap what do you expect from a brit

Old 11-05-2007, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by 04Fire
"Would suit Medallion men called Ken"
Lasted I checked my name isn't Ken
Well, mine is Ken. But I don't know what a medallion man is.

If all the crossfire reviews were positive they would have sold better, the prices would have maintained their lofty status and I wouldn't have one. So all's well that end's well.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:18 AM
AlG
Forum Regular

Funny, I saw a Porsche this morning with the same type of rising spoiler and no one complained when they put it on their cars a few years back. In addition, it's much better than that piece of crap metal bar that was stuck on the Audi TT but no one complains about that either. In addition, everyone loves my car and even my 80 year old mother had no problem getting in and out of it so I guess to each their own. That guy is probably driving a mid 50s Humber anyway.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:52 AM

Yet another reminder of how little another person's opinion really matters to me. I buy what I enjoy, and couldn't care less who else hates or loves it!

Mike

Old 11-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Talking Re: Bad Review...

some old fat thinking that buick is great car

Old 11-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alen
some old fart thinking that buick is great car
Buick is a great car for an old fart, ever rode in one? The blinkers go: