Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

LA Car Show

Old 11-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LA Car Show

So I went to the LA Car Show today and no shocker that there was NO Crossfire there in any exhibit, even in the aftermarket areas. When I approached the Chrylser people about the Crossfire, they told me that the NEW 2008's were hot sellers, even though they didn't have any brochures. I asked them what was new on the 2008 and they said I needed to talk to someone on the floor (I thought I was on the floor), and try as I might, the only person I could find in the entire Chrysler exhibit was the "Town & Country Expert". Needless to say, she only said "I thought they discontinued that car". It was fun playing around with them. The Chrysler people were completely disengaged and passionless. It was sad to see such a well recognized brand fading into obscurity. The Nassau looked nice though...

Here's some photos from the show I uploaded to a Web Gallery from my iPhone if you want to see (resolution is a little lacking):

http://gallery.mac.com/idrivex/100016

Also, When I got to the luxury exhibits, I walked immediately over to the Aston Martin area and I told the guy in the suit that it would be a dream come true to sit in the luxury that is the Aston Martin. He unlocked the glass partition and let me in. I got a full tour of the vehicle, got to sit in it, open the hood...it was amazing. A true dream. The Aston Martin people were extremely knowledgeable and extremely excited about their product.

Overall the show was fairly small. Not that many concept vehicles, not very many new features on the existing vehicles, almost a disappointment. Enjoy the pictures though!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LA Car Show

Nice Pics!

However I don't think I could ever get use to the SLR nose! It reminds of Jimmy Durante, minus the hat!

XFH

Old 11-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice pics....Though the red "Lambo" shots sure looked like a Ferrari...

Old 11-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Forum Regular

i think that red lambo looks like a vette, that ferrai was awesome though as well as the aston martin

Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
Nice pics....Though the red "Lambo" shots sure looked like a Ferrari...
Yep, he got his Italian exotics mixed up. The red "Lambo" is actually a Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano and the silver "Ferrari" is really the new Lamborghini Murcielego Reventon.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:28 AM
Forum Regular

awww well the ferrari looks like a vette then lol

Old 11-18-2007, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by irwin
awww well the ferrari looks like a vette then lol
You should see it in person - it looks nothing like a Vette, not even close. And the interior just blows the Vette away. I had the opportunity to detail and even drive a 599 at SEMA a few weeks ago - just an amazing car in every respect.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iDriveX
So I went to the LA Car Show today and no shocker that there was NO Crossfire there in any exhibit, even in the aftermarket areas. When I approached the Chrylser people about the Crossfire, they told me that the NEW 2008's were hot sellers, even though they didn't have any brochures. I asked them what was new on the 2008 and they said I needed to talk to someone on the floor (I thought I was on the floor), and try as I might, the only person I could find in the entire Chrysler exhibit was the "Town & Country Expert". Needless to say, she only said "I thought they discontinued that car". It was fun playing around with them. The Chrysler people were completely disengaged and passionless. It was sad to see such a well recognized brand fading into obscurity. The Nassau looked nice though...

Here's some photos from the show I uploaded to a Web Gallery from my iPhone if you want to see (resolution is a little lacking):

http://gallery.mac.com/idrivex/100016

Also, When I got to the luxury exhibits, I walked immediately over to the Aston Martin area and I told the guy in the suit that it would be a dream come true to sit in the luxury that is the Aston Martin. He unlocked the glass partition and let me in. I got a full tour of the vehicle, got to sit in it, open the hood...it was amazing. A true dream. The Aston Martin people were extremely knowledgeable and extremely excited about their product.

Overall the show was fairly small. Not that many concept vehicles, not very many new features on the existing vehicles, almost a disappointment. Enjoy the pictures though!
If you ever want to drive a aston for a day let me know or anyother car...let me know I have some great connections in Exotics, my son and i took a AM for a day in Tampa, then came bacl and took a Bentley Cont. out that evening. my father was a collecter, and I can get any car for a day or two.... the cars I used belong to a dealer in clearwater/Tampa .....the AM was a amazing drive........I was soooooo bad that day!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Yep, he got his Italian exotics mixed up. The red "Lambo" is actually a Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano and the silver "Ferrari" is really the new Lamborghini Murcielego Reventon.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm not much into Ferrari's or Lamborghini's. I just felt like I had to take a photo of them because they are so exotic. I'm more of a AM/Bentley. The Bentley exhibit was so overcrowded you couldn't get a decent shot of any of the cars. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
You should see it in person - it looks nothing like a Vette, not even close. And the interior just blows the Vette away. I had the opportunity to detail and even drive a 599 at SEMA a few weeks ago - just an amazing car in every respect.
Well it should considering it costs about as much as 10 Corvettes.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by cgocifer
Well it should considering it costs about as much as 10 Corvettes.
In all honesty, if I couid afford 10 Corvettes I'd definitely take the 599 GTB. It is just an astonishing car.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:37 PM

<<<<<<<<<<<<<i would get ferrari f450 white on white!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:14 AM
Forum Regular

I went to the LA Auto show preview night...No ropes, you can sit in any car. Which means I got to sit in the Skyline GT-R, plus all the Italian exotics