Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New to Crossfires, a few questions.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Crossfires, a few questions.

I am new to Crossfires, so I have been doing my homework. I'd love to get an SRT6, but funds don't allow for it right now. I test drove a 2004 Alabaster White Coupe, and I love it. It was a lot quicker than I thought it would be. I bet the SRT's are a real hoot! Anyway, here is the car in question...

http://www.blueknobauto.com/auto_detail.php3?id=39897

20K miles, $14.5K. Is this a fair price? Also, what is the W/S switch near the shifter? What does W and S stand for?

Thanks so much for your time!

Old 04-10-2008, 01:59 PM
RPM
Default Re: New to Crossfires, a few questions.

You can get a better deal than that.
W/S is for Winter and Summer (or Standard). In W, it starts in 2nd gear for slick roads, etc. S is for normal driving.

They are great cars. Glad you found the forum.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:01 PM

Wow, that was a quick reply. Can you point me to a decent deal on a Crossfire (any color but black) near south central PA?

Thanks again for your time!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:05 PM
RPM

Originally Posted by ntrikit
Wow, that was a quick reply. Can you point me to a decent deal on a Crossfire (any color but black) near south central PA?

Thanks again for your time!
Try cars.com, autotrader.com, ebay.com, etc. You can search by distance from zip code and so on.
On second thought, maybe that isn't too bad of a deal. Here is one in PA from eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem

Others may know of some good deals around.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Forum Regular

i think it is really up to you if you like the car, always check around
seems to be low miles for an 04 the white looks awesome

Old 04-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry but that BLUE **** sign cracked me up!

Got place near me called BALD **** always cracked me up passing the sign and when I see one of there shirts.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:08 PM

weve got brand new 2007 coupes with a lifetime warranty in the $24K range. I can get 2004s and 5s real easy.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Forum Regular

Try Hillview Chrysler in Greensburg PA. They recently had new 2007 Limited Coupes under $22k. I purchased my base coupe from them in Aug.07 for $18.8k. The advantage of buying new is the lifetime powertrain warranty.

If you buy used, make sure there is plenty of factory waranty available even if you need to purchase it yourself.

Also, if you are on tight budget, a Crossfire will be more expensive to maintain than a normal car. Tires, mercedes parts etc. Also, out of warranty repairs costs can be shocking. Keep that in mind.

Not trying to scare you, just making sure you are informed. Its a great car that thats under valued and under appreciated.

BTW, grew up in the "big" city next to Blue ****. If you ever see a base coupe with VA plates running around town, its probably me visiting family.

Good Luck.

Last edited by imabenz; 04-10-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:50 PM

I think that is a decent price if the car looks as good in person as it does in the photo. C'mon people, I can't believe we have come to the point where 14 grand is not a great deal on a fine car that looks like a concept, has Mercedes underpinnings, and used to cost about 35 grand when new! You can't even get a Civic for that price! 20k miles? That is nothing, its still new considering today's cars' longevity!

Old 04-10-2008, 08:13 PM

I vote good price. At least in Dallas, TX it would be.

Nothing beats Ebay, but with Ebay sometimes it just turns out to be a vacation and you leave without the car. I prefer to buy in person and not waste my time accumlating frequent flyer miles. Other have had good experiences. You just have to ask yourself... "Do you feel lucky?"

Old 04-10-2008, 08:14 PM

Also wanted to add this piece of wisdom. No matter hoiw much you pay for a lemon.... you paid to much!

Old 04-11-2008, 05:04 AM

My uncle told me he test drove an SRT6 at the Chrysler dealership for $18.8K, talked them down to $18K, and bought an 05 Corvette enstead. He said he wishes he would have bought the SRT6; less money, better handling, just as fast.

I think $18K for an SRT6 is a good price, no?

Old 04-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ntrikit
I am new to Crossfires, so I have been doing my homework. I'd love to get an SRT6, but funds don't allow for it right now. I test drove a 2004 Alabaster White Coupe, and I love it. It was a lot quicker than I thought it would be. I bet the SRT's are a real hoot! Anyway, here is the car in question...

http://www.blueknobauto.com/auto_detail.php3?id=39897

20K miles, $14.5K. Is this a fair price? Also, what is the W/S switch near the shifter? What does W and S stand for?

Thanks so much for your time!
After owning my XFire Roadster since February, I cannot understand why these wonderful vehicles sell for what they do. They are the best buy in town, yet they sit on car lots unsold. The Crossfire is the best bang for the buck on the used car market. The funny part is the dealers buy them so cheap that they usually have plenty of room to bargain with potential buyers.

I would say there may be room to do a wee bit better than $14,500 on the 20K clock '04. What it comes down to is the smile factor. If the car itself and the price make you smile (grin from ear to ear), then grab it. If not, look around for more deals because they are out there.

Bob

Old 04-11-2008, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by cgocifer
I think that is a decent price if the car looks as good in person as it does in the photo. C'mon people, I can't believe we have come to the point where 14 grand is not a great deal on a fine car that looks like a concept, has Mercedes underpinnings, and used to cost about 35 grand when new! You can't even get a Civic for that price! 20k miles? That is nothing, its still new considering today's cars' longevity!
Amen! I think that is a decent price and good mileage for the year.

It is a great, dependable car and is a fantastic performer. Run a CarFax on it, get the extended warranty, and DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!

Welome to our forum!

Old 04-11-2008, 10:44 AM

How often do these $18K SRT6's come around? I am considering saving my pennies until I find a deal on one. The Crossfire Coupe I drove was a monster, I'd LOVE to see what the SRT can do.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:38 PM

I just found this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA:IT&ih=010

They are asking $11.9K.

Warranty...this is what they emailed me:

Mr. *deleted*,

Here are the warranty details. This Crossfire has a the following remaining Manufacturer Warranty:
Powertrain warranty (months/miles) 84/70,000
Corrosion perforation warranty (months/miles) 60/100,000
Roadside assistance warranty (months/miles) 84/70,000

Should I consider this car? Should I try to offer $10K cash on the barrel? Any advice?

Old 04-11-2008, 03:46 PM

Hell I paid 16K for my 04 with twice the miles, no regrets as yet !
I can't wipe the big ole grin off my face whenever I'm out in my lil red coupe !

Just my Dos Centavos !

Old 04-11-2008, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by xfire2005
Amen! I think that is a decent price and good mileage for the year.

It is a great, dependable car and is a fantastic performer. Run a CarFax on it, get the extended warranty, and DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!

Welome to our forum!
I am not so sure how accurate CarFax is on listing all the facts. The body shop next to my office has a 2006 350Z roadster. He is selling it for 20k. I saw the car fax this afternoon. I know the car was totaled big time. It was hit in the rear end squarely and hard. CarFax had no mention that this car was totaled, only that it had been hit on the right side earlier that the dealer had fixed. I know better, but no one else would have a clue.

If the car had one owner and the dealer reported all the service calls and it is documented, then that might be a different story.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Stogey
Hell I paid 16K for my 04 with twice the miles, no regrets as yet !
I can't wipe the big ole grin off my face whenever I'm out in my lil red coupe !

Just my Dos Centavos !
Paid slightly less than that with 45,000 miles on the clock. I've seen light blues and silvers go for a little less here in Dallas. But I wanted the graphite. It was a one owner car and I trust CarMax (as much as anyone can trust a sales company - I have bought several cars from the salesman) and it had new tires all around, they replaced one headlight, both seat heaters on the drivers side and fixed a few minor dings and scratches in the price. They've probably dropped more in the last few months, but there's not a better looking car on the road for anywhere near the price. I think it's a good price if the car checks out.

David

Old 04-14-2008, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by cgocifer
I agree 100%, some on the forum seem to have a desire to see the Xfire down to zero value, I don't get it. I looked at a LOT of Xfires that cost less than the one I bought but guess what, They WERE trashed out!

Quick Reply: New to Crossfires, a few questions.